Sad Paradise

Sad Paradise

She told me that love is not enough
Nov 21, 2023
I'm seriously considering CTB. My life in this year of 2023 went downhill. I was in a relationship for about ten years, giving myself completely, but things changed. Sharing life with someone is gratifying, but also challenging, especially when changing without alarming the other person. We grew, developed different tastes, and slowly became strangers.

We faced many challenges together. She had family issues, traumas, physical and personal issues. Despite my own struggles, I kept everything to myself. Over time, we drifted apart, convincing ourselves that everything was fine. In 2023, after completing 10 years and landing a good job with decent pay in April, she decided to leave me. It was painful, but I accepted it. I found out she met someone else, someone with a higher social status.

These eight months have been tough. We maintained contact for unresolved issues, but I discovered she was with this person. I sank into personal problems, lost my job, and she lives as if nothing happened. She claims it's my fault, that our years together were a joke. How can she say that when I faced so many challenges for her? I feel replaced for social status, and now I'm unemployed, depressed, with no motivation to move on.

I've tried everything for her, and she still discarded me like trash. Today marks a month and a half since we last spoke. I lost my job last month because I couldn't separate my professional and personal life. I'm extremely depressed and see no motivation to keep fighting. I tried, I gave myself entirely, spending more than I had during our outings in October, hoping we'd get back together. But no, she missed the high social status and went back to that other person. I'm now jobless, broke, extremely depressed, and without the new person I met. She returned to her luxurious life with the person who finances everything, and she didn't even tell him about what happened. She repeats the same story, claiming she loved me for a long time and still loves me. If she ever loved me, why did she do this? She didn't love. There was only love from one side, mine.

• Love
Reactions: ASBA999 and person357