• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Grey-zone

Grey-zone

Student
Feb 2, 2019
Much of my life since adolescence has been spent in boredom, isolation, anger, and the endurance of these emotions. I'm 28 now, and when I'm not working (and bored with that), I'm doing nothing in my apartment. When I wasn't working at all and living with my parents, I was bored out of my mind and hated existence. I've always wanted to escape from this tedium but have never found a way. I have never had close friends, and my relationship with my girlfriend is not close either.
If this is all that life's about I don't see much reason to continue with it. I've experienced this, have lived it many years, and don't need more of it. I only wish I had the courage to either die or live a better life, but the latter seems beyond my mental capabilities, and I still remain attached to basic pleasures.
How many of you here are in a similar situation? What do you do to cope?

• Hugs
Reactions: 837, ThreeJack, appalachian moon and 16 others
Circles

Circles

There's a difference between existing and living.
Sep 3, 2018
The boredom has hollowed me out into an empty shell so forgive me for not knowing what to say other than I completely understand how you're feeling. It's indescribable of how pointless life feels at times.

• Hugs
Reactions: appalachian moon, Broken Chimera, crimea_river and 9 others
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
I would gladly give a terminally ill person all of my remaining healthy years and die in their place. Never wanted it.
Life is dumb.

• Hugs
Reactions: appalachian moon, Broken Chimera, Kyrok and 4 others

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
Entertainment. Learning English words. "Tedium" is a new one for me :)

• Hugs
Reactions: appalachian moon, sólstafir, Circles and 2 others
Pupuce

Pupuce

Nobody exists on purpose. Come ctb
Apr 19, 2019
Much of my life since adolescence has been spent in boredom, isolation, anger, and the endurance of these emotions. I'm 28 now, and when I'm not working (and bored with that), I'm doing nothing in my apartment. When I wasn't working at all and living with my parents, I was bored out of my mind and hated existence. I've always wanted to escape from this tedium but have never found a way. I have never had close friends, and my relationship with my girlfriend is not close either.
If this is all that life's about I don't see much reason to continue with it. I've experienced this, have lived it many years, and don't need more of it. I only wish I had the courage to either die or live a better life, but the latter seems beyond my mental capabilities, and I still remain attached to basic pleasures.
How many of you here are in a similar situation? What do you do to cope?
I'm only 22 and I know the feel. Everyday is just time to lose until i go to sleep. Usually i spend my time on youtube or eating, or honing my own sword. Atm i have all the paperwork to do for my next year and it annoys me to do it for something i might never get todo, and to "prepare" a futur i hopefully won't ever know. I suppose i'm lucky i have a best friend i can sort of talk to, i just never told him directly i have what i need to CTB. Fun fact, i had a conversation with him about the pointlessness of life, and in the end i proved to him all of his arguments had no value whatsoever on that question, which felt nice.

Reactions: TheDevilsAngel, Circles, not_a_robot and 1 other person
Grey-zone

Grey-zone

Student
Feb 2, 2019
Entertainment. Learning English words. "Tedium" is a new one for me :)
I would say that your life is better without knowing "tedium"! Although I'm sure you've also experienced it, since you're on this forum.

It's the sort of feeling I imagine some people in small, remote towns must have--they know there's something out there beyond the county line, but having spent their entire lives in such a place, they don't have the "will", courage, or knowledge of how to get out. At least that's what tedium often feels like to me, just passing by the "best moments" of my life struggling to endure... passing by the best moments, while knowing there must be some other way, but what it is my mind has never revealed to me in the slightest.

• Hugs
Reactions: 837, appalachian moon, Heliochrome and 2 others

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
Well, I know about "tedious" and noun forming suffixes, but the combination of both had never occurred to me before.
Good analogy. The way I see it -- our effort/reward system has been fucked up, or maybe underdeveloped would be a better word.
I wouldn't say it's unnatural to get what we have without working our asses off, because it happens. I think that working for goods teaches you that everything has it's price; that if you want to get something, you have to put the required effort. Why would I work for the goods when I can avoid work and get the goods?
Lack of urgency right here, over here. Those who run away from their families in young age because of unbearable conditions often claim to have tough lives and maybe they do, but tough life isn't necessarily further from favorable/good/enjoyable/worthy/whatever than easy life. Would you rather prefer playing Serious Sam on Tourist, or Serious difficulty level?

Reactions: Grey-zone, Heliochrome, Circles and 1 other person
Grey-zone

Grey-zone

Student
Feb 2, 2019
Well, I know about "tedious" and noun forming suffixes, but the combination of both had never occurred to me before.
Good analogy. The way I see it -- our effort/reward system has been fucked up, or maybe underdeveloped would be a better word.
I wouldn't say it's unnatural to get what we have without working our asses off, because it happens. I think that working for goods teaches you that everything has it's price; that if you want to get something, you have to put the required effort. Why would I work for the goods when I can avoid work and get the goods?
Lack of urgency right here, over here. Those who run away from their families in young age because of unbearable conditions often claim to have tough lives and maybe they do, but tough life isn't necessarily further from favorable/good/enjoyable/worthy/whatever than easy life. Would you rather prefer playing Serious Sam on Tourist, or Serious difficulty level?
Ты русский? Есть такое слово на русском которое имеет подобное значение "tedium"? Монотонность?

Yes, working for goods is itself a delusion, but a necessary one to thrive in life or adapt to any society. I suspect that my mind simply hasn't adapted to that paradigm; too much "lack" of urgency has led me to waste my life. My mind just doesn't seem to latch on to goal seeking. Part of it is a lack of confidence resulting from my experiences as a NEET, but there's also some fundamental psychological background--I mean, I've even gone to cafes and had difficulty deciding what to order, like it's a blank. If I can't do that, how the fuck am I supposed to decide on a career, which requires countless steps planned and unplanned over a several year period?

Reactions: not_a_robot

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
Ты русский? Есть такое слово на русском которое имеет подобное значение "tedium"? Монотонность?

Yes, working for goods is itself a delusion, but a necessary one to thrive in life or adapt to any society. I suspect that my mind simply hasn't adapted to that paradigm; too much "lack" of urgency has led me to waste my life. My mind just doesn't seem to latch on to goal seeking. Part of it is a lack of confidence resulting from my experiences as a NEET, but there's also some fundamental psychological background--I mean, I've even gone to cafes and had difficulty deciding what to order, like it's a blank. If I can't do that, how the fuck am I supposed to decide on a career, which requires countless steps planned and unplanned over a several year period?

Я украинец, по паспорту... но русский понимаю на удовлетворительном уровне. Обожаю слова с суффиксом -ум.
Оптимум, континиум, консорциум, мораториум, магнезиум, делириум... Звучит довольно-таки причудливо, да и от светлого ума я в восторге.

Аналог тедиума... да, монотонность хорошо подходит, однообразие. Что бы я делал без переводичков, этимологических и толковых словарей...
Я вижу это так: "Я тяжко вкалывал ради этого, значит это должно быть ценно для меня." Тем ценнее кажутся заработанные плюшки. Чувствую себя ленивой собакой, проводящую усталым взглядом брошенную палку. Я не знаю как это работает, но мне кажется, что я интуитивно понимаю твои слова. Так же как мышцы атрофируются за неиспользованием... Feel free to blend both languages, if you can't seem to find the proper words in either one. Я так постоянно с собой разговариваю, правда в живом общении неудобно приходится, но оно и не создано для вдумчивого разговора.
Мне переписки больше нравится т.к. есть время на упорядочивание мыслей. Это как сравнивать пошаговые игры с функцией паузы, с играми реального времени, где решения приходится принимать незамедлительно.

Что ты имеешь ввиду под "психологической предысторией/основанием"? Может быть ты не хотел кофе... или хотел.

На отечественных сайтах я частенько сталкиваюсь с советами вроде "Загрузи себя работой -- депрессию как рукой снимет." Бред сивой кобылы, как по мне. Работа лишает возможности обдумывать дела более насущные. Как если бы медицинское средство не избавляло от прогрессирующей болезни, но замедляло её развитие... Еще может напишу чего-нибудь. Я чертовски устал.

Reactions: Grey-zone
lllll

lllll

Apr 28, 2019
Im the same. Life feels to long, I dont want to live anymore, I already know what my future is going to look like.The only thing the keeps me here is being to coward to ctb. I tried to keep busy but its too difficult at this point, I just keep thinking what a failure I am.

Reactions: 837 and not_a_robot
Grey-zone

Grey-zone

Student
Feb 2, 2019
Я украинец, по паспорту... но русский понимаю на удовлетворительном уровне. Обожаю слова с суффиксом -ум.
Оптимум, континиум, консорциум, мораториум, магнезиум, делириум... Звучит довольно-таки причудливо, да и от светлого ума я в восторге.

Аналог тедиума... да, монотонность хорошо подходит, однообразие. Что бы я делал без переводичков, этимологических и толковых словарей...
Я вижу это так: "Я тяжко вкалывал ради этого, значит это должно быть ценно для меня." Тем ценнее кажутся заработанные плюшки. Чувствую себя ленивой собакой, проводящую усталым взглядом брошенную палку. Я не знаю как это работает, но мне кажется, что я интуитивно понимаю твои слова. Так же как мышцы атрофируются за неиспользованием... Feel free to blend both languages, if you can't seem to find the proper words in either one. Я так постоянно с собой разговариваю, правда в живом общении неудобно приходится, но оно и не создано для вдумчивого разговора.
Мне переписки больше нравится т.к. есть время на упорядочивание мыслей. Это как сравнивать пошаговые игры с функцией паузы, с играми реального времени, где решения приходится принимать незамедлительно.

Что ты имеешь ввиду под "психологической предысторией/основанием"? Может быть ты не хотел кофе... или хотел.

На отечественных сайтах я частенько сталкиваюсь с советами вроде "Загрузи себя работой -- депрессию как рукой снимет." Бред сивой кобылы, как по мне. Работа лишает возможности обдумывать дела более насущные. Как если бы медицинское средство не избавляло от прогрессирующей болезни, но замедляло её развитие... Еще может напишу чего-нибудь. Я чертовски устал.
Я изучал русский в университете и узнал твою цитату из Гоголя (нет, ни Гоголя). Вообще высшее образование было вполне бесполезное мне. Пустая трата времени, но в конце концов, кажется, я могу участововать на русском в форуме про самоубийство. Есть ирония в этом. :pfff:
Ты изучал/аешь английский? Ты хорошо пишешь.

Жизнь часто полна постоянной монотонности. Я еще жив, но хочу измениться или кончить эту штуку через 3-5 лет. Зачем мне больше годов? Но я слаб, и мне не хватает решительности. I guess I "prevaricate" with myself, however that translates into Russian.

Я равнодушный к работе. То дома, то на работе мне скучно, но дело в том, как найти хорошую зарплату за такую скуку. До сих пор я не нашел.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: sólstafir and 262653

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
Я изучал русский в университете и узнал твою цитату из Гоголя (нет, ни Гоголя). Вообще высшее образование было вполне бесполезное мне. Пустая трата времени, но в конце концов, кажется, я могу участововать на русском в форуме про самоубийство. Есть ирония в этом. :pfff:
Ты изучал/аешь английский? Ты хорошо пишешь.

Жизнь часто полна постоянной монотонности. Я еще жив, но хочу измениться или кончить эту штуку через 3-5 лет. Зачем мне больше годов? Но я слаб, и мне не хватает решительности. I guess I "prevaricate" with myself, however that translates into Russian.

Я равнодушный к работе. То дома, то на работе мне скучно, но дело в том, как найти хорошую зарплату за такую скуку. До сих пор я не нашел.

О-о, если я процитировал какого-нибудь выдающегося деятеля, то это было не нарочно. Что именно я сказал, не помнишь случаем?
А есть и русские форумы на эту тему, без фильтрования неугодных комментариев? Я заглядывал на один психологический форум, в рубрику суицида, так там все комментарии как на отбор. Подумай о семье/не выход/слабак/трус/хуже будет/куда спешить/и.т.п.. Как оказалось, там нельзя оставить ответ без предварительной модерации. Хитровыебанные пидоры...

Да уж, забавно получилось в твоём случае. Я начал активно изучать английский с тех пор, как поселился на Реддите. Незадолго перед тем , я нашел великолепный пост на Пикабу, о самовыпиле. Моей радости небыло предела, когда я получил доказательство, что я не один с подобным мировозрением. Но больше ничего толкового я не видел, и услыхав о англоязычном аналоге Пикабу, я решил попытать удачи в поиске там...

И я преуспел. Мне довелось подписаться на /r/sanctionedsuicide за неделю до того, как тот был забанен. Но раньше и предположить не мог, что на тему суицида там существовал целый сабреддит. Вскоре я обнаружил новоиспечённый ТаймТуГо, там и начал переводить посты и коментарии, активно пользоваться переводчиком, сленговым переводчиком, русским словарём... спотыкался на каждом пятом слове, наверное, но я ничуть не жалею о потраченных времени и усилиях т.к. самостоятельное изучение английского в итоге принесло плоды, в отличие от школы "с углублённым изучением английского" и юридического техникума. Теперь я могу смотреть фильмы в оригинале, читать обширные статьи на Википедии и подобных, читать этот форум, понимать русские неологизмы и так далее.

Да, мне кажется, что я понимаю. Prevaricate - избегать, увиливать. Я думаю, что решимости придают эмоции. Оглядываясь на свои прошлые попытки я могу с уверенностью сказать, что во всех случаях имело место сильное эмоциональное возбуждение, и пришёл к выводу, что без толчка -- топлива для суицида -- мне не обойтись. Знаешь это чувство, когда подходишь к девушке с намерением произнести первый комплимент в своей жизни? Или какое-нибудь другое деяние, которого ты очень опасешься? Нужно побуждение -- что-нибудь, способное вывести из "зоны комфорта".

Мне с этим повезло, сижу на шее у своей родни и вкалывать не надо... но всё равно подумываю об освобождении.
Так русский не твой основной язык?

• Hugs
Reactions: sólstafir
Grey-zone

Grey-zone

Student
Feb 2, 2019
Основной язык-английский. Я американец, но меня интересовали Россия и ее культура. В университете я нашел способность к языкам и выбрал русский своей специализацей. Ну, я не знал, что личное изучение намного лучше, чем тратить время на занятиях.
Я жил много лет с родителями, но теперь я "свободен" от этой ситуации. Жизнь у меня как-то улучшилась? У меня еще нет ответа. На мой взгляд личность--тюрьма, которую человеку нельзя избегать.

Вообще я терплю обыденную монотонность, но иногда восходит у меня вспышка глубокого недовольства. Я удивляюсь, что в таком настроении не покончил со собой.

Вот фраза: "Я сплю или нет? Если я вижу свой нос - " Я неправильно подумал эту из "Носа". Shows how much I know Russian literature!

It sounds like the Slavic world has the same attitude about suicide that America does. Maybe it is just a societal defense mechanism--no society wants people choosing to leave: why decrease tax revenue this way? So reasons are developed to avoid people "irresponsibly" abandoning their earthly duties: religious, philosophical, and now medical/psychological. I doubt that anyone who comes up with these reasons is really aware why they do it--it's just a subconscious, convenient defense. People are sociologically trained to feel that suicide is somehow "bad" and taints a person--in the old days, in many cultures you couldn't even get a burial if you did it. Maybe it's primate biology.

I was going to say something else, but forgot. С того, что я был подростком в депрессии, у меня нет чуткой памяти.

Oh, что-то про зону комфорта. For me it has always been a form of inertia. Many people live this way. It's almost the human condition, except for rare adventurous people. I think being depressed and dissatisfied with my personality and condition just became what I was used to. I don't know yet how to do anything else anyway.

• Hugs
Reactions: sólstafir

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
Основной язык-английский. Я американец, но меня интересовали Россия и ее культура. В университете я нашел способность к языкам и выбрал русский своей специализацей. Ну, я не знал, что личное изучение намного лучше, чем тратить время на занятиях.
Я жил много лет с родителями, но теперь я "свободен" от этой ситуации. Жизнь у меня как-то улучшилась? У меня еще нет ответа. На мой взгляд личность--тюрьма, которую человеку нельзя избегать.

Вообще я терплю обыденную монотонность, но иногда восходит у меня вспышка глубокого недовольства. Я удивляюсь, что в таком настроении не покончил со собой.

Вот фраза: "Я сплю или нет? Если я вижу свой нос - " Я неправильно подумал эту из "Носа". Shows how much I know Russian literature!

It sounds like the Slavic world has the same attitude about suicide that America does. Maybe it is just a societal defense mechanism--no society wants people choosing to leave: why decrease tax revenue this way? So reasons are developed to avoid people "irresponsibly" abandoning their earthly duties: religious, philosophical, and now medical/psychological. I doubt that anyone who comes up with these reasons is really aware why they do it--it's just a subconscious, convenient defense. People are sociologically trained to feel that suicide is somehow "bad" and taints a person--in the old days, in many cultures you couldn't even get a burial if you did it. Maybe it's primate biology.

I was going to say something else, but forgot. С того, что я был подростком в депрессии, у меня нет чуткой памяти.

Oh, что-то про зону комфорта. For me it has always been a form of inertia. Many people live this way. It's almost the human condition, except for rare adventurous people. I think being depressed and dissatisfied with my personality and condition just became what I was used to. I don't know yet how to do anything else anyway.

I think that mixture of theory and practice can offer good results but I can't be bothered with structural, планомерный approach. Хаха, я давно мечтал поговорить с кем-то, смешивая два языка в единую субстанцию. Спасибо :) Мне нравится как ты пишешь на русском языке, но с английским синтаксом. (Надеюсь я не ошибся в подборе слова.) И ты наверное лучше знаком с русской литературой; I haven't read much literature за свою жизнь.

Да, к суициду здесь относятся с той же неприязнью, but we have more prevalent platitudes like "hard work will cleanse you from your whining", "you're an imbecile/idiot/долбоёб/слабоумный", "don't be silly/stop saying nonsense" и тому подобное. And no bullshit with hotlines, or that you're inherently not alone. Меня тоже поражают эти seemingly irrational защиты, словно ценность жизни превыше всякой критики. The reasons differ from person to person. I'm not communicating much with people. Самые распространённые из встреченных мною:

• анти-суицидальные религии, Xianity and the like;
  • приравнивание суицидников к слабоумным, а значит неспособными мыслить здраво;
  • психологическая манипуляция (guild trip, scaremongering, gaslighting, unreasonable comparisons, etc.)
I used to be open about it but figured out it's useless. If the person isn't considering suicide as plausible alternative, then there is nothing to discuss here.
Но можно сделать им подлянку (fuck them over) -- to ask thought-provoking questions. Is life always worth living? Если тебе не нравится твоя работа, твоё положение в жизни, то почему бы не убить себя? Do you have any goals in life? Why are you still here?
Ну ты понимаешь, посеять зёрна сомнения в их одурманенных головах. The difficulty of this topic is that there is no saving throw against considering suicide. Deflection seems to work, thinking about something else, coming up with rationalizations about why you shouldn't consider suicide as viable alternative. Но это игра в одни ворота, and the best strategy is to avoid the game, to not participate. Так что вот так, only to irritate others, lol. Maybe after a year or two they will be miserable too. Honestly I would like to see it spread. Every person afflicted is another person that won't bullshit me anymore.

Feel free to forget & recall, embrace the chaos :)

I have a little theory about comfort zone. Those rare individuals are people with high cognitive power, which allows them to maintain basic functioning while exploring new areas. Imagine two computers, one with 8GB RAM and another with 9GB RAM. This may not sound like a huge difference from the first glance.
Let's say, daily functioning programs of computer #1 require 7,8 GB RAM. More powerful computer would make better, more efficient programs, so another would have like 7,5GB RAM of daily functioning programs. Now, first one has 500200MB free space and second one has 1500MB. This one is used for exploring, changing habits. Some people with feeble cognitive power simply don't have the capacity for an adventure, something that high-functioning individuals обычно упускают из виду. Some don't have the capacity to consider suicide until like 40 years old, or later. Не находишь ли ты странным, что исследовательские виды деятельности (non-routine, brainpower-demanding), такие как адвокат, учёный, изобретатель, писатель, or anything from here (the first two paragraphs give a good brief overview) --- это виды деятельности, occupied by people with high IQ quotient? Because adventurism is the part and parcel in these kind of spheres.

That's one of the main reasons I want to die. Я чувствую, что мне не повезло с мозгами. Не достаточно повезло...
My advice here would be to free as much space as you can, I guess. Meditation helps a bit, although I call it Stillness because that's how it feels to me.
I think of stillness as a method to stop dizziness. Imagine you're крутишься очень быстро по кругу; окружение, естественно, размытое, и ничего не видно. But once you stop, you have a chance to look around and see things more clearly. Same with brain and our processes. Stillness allows us to free some space and presumably help with adventures.

Last edited:
Grey-zone

Grey-zone

Student
Feb 2, 2019
I hear you about the malformed mental abilities. My parenting didn't help much either. Well, no high-functioning jobs for me, most likely.

It's hard to escape English syntax. I try to write Russian like an American wouldn't, but, well, it's nearly impossible. I keep coming back to those goddam English thoughts. Russian or English, nothing in my brain is doing much for my own benefit.

I'm a little drunk right now, which is unusual for me. Why indulge monotony without a little spirits?

Really, this Earth is a pyramid scheme not made for our or anybody's benefit but the propagation of genes. We get what we get out of random, cruel chance. Fuck that, I say, but I keep on living. Some hero I am.

• Hugs
Reactions: 262653, lllll and crimea_river