Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
There are some common laws and policies, but they are not always easily enforced, and all states are independent when it comes to e.g. taxation, welfare, military, and foreign policy. They also have their own central banks.
the common laws and policies place new boundaries on the "independence" of the nations that join in all the areas you mentioned. there are punitive clauses for breaking parts of the agreement and european courts can overrule national laws that don't conform. EU law acts as a kind of constitutional law over other nations'...constitutions. kind of like international law and trade agreements. it does mean less independence. There have also been reports of an EU military force in the works. I can't remember from where but it wasn't alex jones or something like that.

Re Islamic terrorism and other religions, islamic populations have found themselves in physical opposition to one particular enemy that seems to have seriously aggravated the radicalization process. that is where the conversation will have to end up going in order to remain honest. relatedly, it seems like they learned from the best when it comes to terror.
quran 2:191 "Slay the unbelievers wherever you find them"
quran 9:123 "Make war on the infidels living in your neighborhood"
quran 8:60 " Mobilize your forces as much as you can to frighten the enemies of God and your own enemies. This also will frighten those who are behind them whom you do not know but God knows well. Whatever you spend for the cause of God, He will give you sufficient recompense with due justice"

And there are, literally, thousands more that can be interpreted in a violent way.

I'm not saying that all muslims are like this, there are many branches of it and many revisions, not to mention that culture also plays a role. But the fact is, this is an extremely strict religion, and the people raised on it are far more likely to get radicalized simply because of the things that their holy text says.
Yeah...and when I really want to read a horror story that gives me the creeps I read the old testament/torah.

• Love
Reactions: Fragile and mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
Yeah...and when I really want to read a horror story that gives me the creeps I read the old testament/torah.

Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are all Abrahamic religions - they all share the old testament at their cores.
...islamic populations have found themselves in physical opposition to one particular enemy...

Yes, anyone not Islamic. This isn't a new thing, it's been happening for hundreds of years.

In WWII, some US soldiers in the Philippines refused to surrender and fled to the mountains, where the Moros (muslims) lived. The Moros would offer the GIs food and a bed, then slit their throats while they slept. Who radicalized them? Or were they just doing what their holy book commanded? Hmm...

Last edited:
Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are all Abrahamic religions - they all share the old testament at their cores.
Christianity is tempered by the New Testament. Judaism, if various scandals, founding a controversial state through terrorism and decades of universally condemned human rights atrocities are any indication takes the horror of the old testament to new heights. Islam, as I said, became a more severe and widespread problems since said controversial state was imposed.

Reactions: Fragile and mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
Christianity is tempered by the New Testament. Judaism, if various scandals, founding a controversial state through terrorism and decades of universally condemned human rights atrocities are any indication takes the horror of the old testament to new heights. Islam, as I said, became a more severe and widespread problems since said controversial state was imposed.

Oh, I see... It's the jews fault that school teachers are being beheaded in France for showing kids cartoons. Got it.

Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
Oh, I see... It's the jews fault that school teachers are being beheaded in France for showing kids cartoons. Got it.
See? this IS where the conversation will have to turn. Yes, it is imo zionism's and it's followers' fault that islam has become more radicalized and widespsread since the creation of israel than it was in the past.

re muslims in Philippines : that example does not distinguish Islam or its radicalization from other populations or religions. After looking into the horrors of islam, look into judaism.

reread what I already posted.

Reactions: Fragile
StuFin

StuFin

Arcanist
Oct 21, 2020
I see that history is not the strong point for some people. Just selective thinking that re-enforces pre existing unconscious bias.

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
the common laws and policies place new boundaries on the "independence" of the nations that join in all the areas you mentioned.

Please give some examples of such "boundaries" in the areas I mentioned.

there are punitive clauses for breaking parts of the agreement and european courts can overrule national laws that don't conform.

When it comes to trade and border control, that is true. Obviously, as it's necessary for the union to function. Something similar goes for the EMU. Membership in the latter is voluntary, though.

EU law acts as a kind of constitutional law over other nations'...constitutions. kind of like international law and trade agreements. it does mean less independence.

A couple of amendments have been made in national constitutions, yes. As a whole, the constitutions are intact, though. Obvious examples of this is that the member nations have different parliamentary systems and that some of them are constitutional monarchies.

There have also been reports of an EU military force in the works. I can't remember from where but it wasn't alex jones or something like that.

Membership is completely voluntary. Outside Germany and France, the interest has been lukewarm, to put it mildly, especially among NATO members.

The EU is flawed in many respects, but in a world ruled by crook powers, there aren't really any alternatives.

Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
Please give some examples of such "boundaries" in the areas I mentioned.
(ie taxation, welfare, military, foreign policy, central banking), all of those areas can easily be indirectly affected even if there are no overtly stated requirements or punitive clauses specific to those policy areas. Parts of those policies will also have issues that could fall under the purview of EU laws. That's what I meant by placing boundaries. So, am I wrong? It is less independence than the nations would have had in the past.

A couple of amendments have been made in national constitutions, yes. As a whole, the constitutions are intact, though. Obvious examples of this is that the member nations have different parliamentary systems and that some of them are constitutional monarchies.
(EU law like a constitution for the members) Even just a couple bothers me. France also had to restructure part of its national security structure to conform with EU laws...pretty intrusive for anyone who's a nationalist in their country.

Membership is completely voluntary. Outside Germany and France, the interest has been lukewarm, to put it mildly, especially among NATO members.
(EU military) Yeah but I think that demonstrates what the desired goals are for building up the EU to begin with. If the EU sustains itself and gradually increases its power it will only mean less and less sovereignty for the member nations.

The EU is flawed in many respects, but in a world ruled by crook powers, there aren't really any alternatives
What was wrong with the pre-EU version of european nations that make the growing EU structure better? I would rather the euro country I'm a citizen of pull out of the EU, personally.

Reactions: woxihuanni and mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
(ie taxation, welfare, military, foreign policy, central banking), all of those areas can easily be indirectly affected even if there are no overtly stated requirements or punitive clauses specific to those policy areas. Parts of those policies will also have issues that could fall under the purview of EU laws. That's what I meant by placing boundaries. So, am I wrong? It is less independence than the nations would have had in the past.

Now you're talking about something different, namely that such bounderies potentially can be implemented, and that's something I agree with. I monitor taxation and welfare in particular as I'm firmly against the neo-liberal agenda elements within the union try to push on the member states.

(EU law like a constitution for the members) Even just a couple bothers me. France also had to restructure part of its national security structure to conform with EU laws...pretty intrusive for anyone who's a nationalist in their country.

I find it troublesome too. The only ones who seem to care about this are a minority on the left wing.

(EU military) Yeah but I think that demonstrates what the desired goals are for building up the EU to begin with. If the EU sustains itself and gradually increases its power it will only mean less and less sovereignty for the member nations.

I'd say that it's only the goal of the governments in France and Germany. Actually, I'm for a European army, or rather closer military co-operation, but that's perhaps a topic for another thread.

What was wrong with the pre-EU version of european nations that make the growing EU structure better? I would rather the euro country I'm a citizen of pull out of the EU, personally.

The European nations are too small to stand up against the USA, Russia, and China economically, diplomatically, militarily etc. on their own. Either they unite or become pawns. That's my two cents.

Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
According to some the US is very keen on the EU because it actually works in favor of their own hegemonic agenda by centralizing top down influence. In my opinion that is because the US agenda is governed by a global agenda and the EU plays into that.

Reactions: woxihuanni and mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
All washed up

All washed up

Experienced
Oct 31, 2020
Maybe a bunch of us should head out to Afghanistan and negotiate with a suicide bomber then a load of us could ctb together

Reactions: woxihuanni
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
I might just go throw a rock at a fence in israel. nah, some just shoot to cripple on purpose out of demonic hatred.

Reactions: woxihuanni