h4nah4ki

h4nah4ki

Aug 13, 2024
im still alive, it failed and i ended up hospitalized for 4 days. the police came to my home. the mental hospital was hell. i got diagnosed with major depression disorder (MDD), and i'm currently on meds for it. it's a lot to take in, and its very exhausting.

i just wish it worked. i'll be trying again soon.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: wren-briar, aerithmaze, Coral and 14 others
cohomology

cohomology

Oct 5, 2024
Sorry about all the stress you've experienced. What method did you attempt and how did it fail?

Reactions: wren-briar
James Sunderland

James Sunderland

"In my restless dreams, I see that town…"
Oct 6, 2024
That must have been utterly brutal. I am not here to sugarcoat anything, as I know that wouldn't help. You have been through so much, and it is no wonder you feel exhausted. I just wish I could take some of that weight off your shoulders, at least for a moment. Can we talk about what happened in the hospital or what's on your mind right now? I am here to listen, if there is anything you need to get off your chest.

S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
That must have been utterly brutal. I am not here to sugarcoat anything, as I know that wouldn't help. You have been through so much, and it is no wonder you feel exhausted. I just wish I could take some of that weight off your shoulders, at least for a moment. Can we talk about what happened in the hospital or what's on your mind right now? I am here to listen, if there is anything you need to get off your chest.
Are you some kind of therapist looking to build up a practise with all these "I'm listening" posts on your first day in the group ?

• Love
Reactions: maniac116, F@#$, Plato'sCaveDweller and 2 others
James Sunderland

James Sunderland

Oct 6, 2024
Are you some kind of therapist looking to build up a practise with all these "I'm listening" posts on your first day in the group ?
No, I'm definitely not a therapist. I actually study physics and math in real life, so this is pretty far from my usual world. I just know how much it can help to have someone listen when you're feeling this way. That's what I would have needed a while back, so I figured maybe I could be that person for someone else. I hope that's okay.

• Love
Reactions: nir, Green eyed girl and wren-briar
S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
No, I'm definitely not a therapist. I actually study physics and math in real life, so this is pretty far from my usual world. I just know how much it can help to have someone listen when you're feeling this way. That's what I would have needed a while back, so I figured maybe I could be that person for someone else. I hope that's okay.

Just looks like pro life trolling to me, James. Or, of coursesomething more sinister when you join a Forum to invite distressed online and potentially vulnerable strangers to join you in private chat for your version of counselling.
But then, I've had my own experiences of "helpfull" strangers.
Perhaps the Recovery section would be more appropriate for an unofficial, self appointed helper.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: Tony24, Plato'sCaveDweller, Green eyed girl and 3 others
James Sunderland

James Sunderland

Oct 6, 2024
Just looks like pro life trolling to me, James. Or, of coursesomething more sinister when you join a Forum to invite distressed online and potentially vulnerable strangers to join you in private chat for your version of counselling.
Perhaps the Recovery section would be more appropriate for an unofficial, self appointed helper.
I understand where you're coming from. I am aware of this place having a certain culture and I understand why my responses might come off as pro-life. That's not really my intention, I'm not here to push anyone into anything or offer counselling. I've been through my own dark times, and I still I am, I know how isolating it can feel, so I wanted to be here as someone willing to listen. I just want to do what feels right by the people here, thanks for being honest with me.

Reactions: wren-briar and spottem
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
I was going to say hey take it easy or something but I went to james's post history and I see your point :) It kinda reads you know....but I think it's alright, I don't think its pushy there are a lot of people that want that type of support and just someone to listen to them vent. Not me, God! reading the whole thing just made me cringe, sorry james no offense :) but there are others that find it helpful, even on the suicide section. I'm not sure i would go as far as calling it prolific...

• Informative
Reactions: Plato'sCaveDweller and wren-briar
S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
I was going to say hey take it easy or something but I went to james's post history and I see your point :) It kinda reads you know....but I think it's alright, I don't think its pushy there are a lot of people that want that type of support and just someone to listen to them vent. Not me, God! reading the whole thing just made me cringe, sorry james no offense :) but there are others that find it helpful, even on the suicide section. I'm not sure i would go as far as calling it prolific...

With around 30 posts on a new member's first day (not even 24 hours) each one mentioning that the poster understands what the OP is going through, assuring them that, like a cut price Frazier Crane "I'm listening", and inviting direct private contact it seems concerning to me.
However, I'll be leaving the matter with Admin and just not engaging with this poster.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: Tony24, F@#$, Plato'sCaveDweller and 3 others
F

Fangarina

Sep 9, 2024
With around 30 posts on a new member's first day (not even 24 hours) each one mentioning that the poster understands what the OP is going through, assuring them that, like a cut price Frazier Crane "I'm listening", and inviting direct private contact it seems concerning to me.
However, I'll be leaving the matter with Admin and just not engaging with this poster.
Same. I have been here like a month and don't think I have as many posts as him - it's very unsettling and as much as it could be sincere, it doesn't read that way to me at all just now. I sat on SaSu as a non member for months, joined and still sat lurking for a while before I felt comfortable enough to start engaging in conversations. I post here and there; and I'm super grateful for the communication I have with other members here but this feels like 'love bombing' (if that makes sense?). Most definitely wont be engaging purely because it makes my spidey senses tingle a little and not in a good way, not in a trusting way….

Reactions: Tony24, Plato'sCaveDweller, wren-briar and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I understand why you'd feel so tired, it sounds like you've suffered a lot. But anyway I hope that you find peace.

• Love
Reactions: F@#$, Plato'sCaveDweller and wren-briar
Green eyed girl

Green eyed girl

Sep 17, 2024

I'm also once bit, twice shy with the so-called helpful strangers. Whether this other poster has noble intentions or not, it's hard not to be suspicious.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: Tony24, wren-briar, F@#$ and 1 other person
maniac116

maniac116

My own worst enemy🌹💔
Aug 10, 2024
I understand where you're coming from. I am aware of this place having a certain culture and I understand why my responses might come off as pro-life. That's not really my intention, I'm not here to push anyone into anything or offer counselling. I've been through my own dark times, and I still I am, I know how isolating it can feel, so I wanted to be here as someone willing to listen. I just want to do what feels right by the people here, thanks for being honest with me.
🤗🌹