• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Im isolated by choise
If im alone no one can hurt me and i cant hurt anyone

Yep exactly the same. You can avoid many conflicts by isolation

Reactions: Maggotymaggots, skitliv, Tiburcio and 2 others
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Who here is basically isolated?

Meaning no family (or estranged) and only one to two friends?

I don't know what I did to deserve such a lonely existence—I never had the kind of love and support some people boast about. I tried to give it but it was never reciprocated except by one dear friend on whom I am becoming a burden. He needs to move on and can't so long as I am tethered to this world.

Anyone else living in a state of near isolation? Spent the holidays last year drinking alone in my apartment.
Yes, it's one reason I want to end it. There's no meaning and everything has to be carried by u. No help from anybody. U have to manage all of life's miseries by yourself. There's not much joy because I mean u are by yourself like almost 24-7. I guess I could go out I don't know if it's because I'm old now that I stopped going out. Yea probably don't want to feel like the old lady at the club. I feel like a shadow of my former self lol!

Last edited:
Reactions: Maggotymaggots, BlackDragonof1989, lv-gras and 1 other person
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Reactions: Tiburcio, BlackDragonof1989 and Tomasnil
tearsinrain

tearsinrain

Aug 5, 2018
Yes, it's one reason I want to end it. There's no meaning and everything has to be carried by u. No help from anybody. U have to manage all of life's miseries by yourself. There's not much joy because I mean u are by yourself like almost 24-7. I guess I could go out I don't know if it's because I'm old now that I stopped going out. Yea probably don't want to feel like the old lady at the club. I feel like a shadow of my former self lol!
^ This. Exactly.

Reactions: BlackDragonof1989 and lv-gras
C

Comatose11

Mage
Jul 26, 2018
I do have family and some friends. It's not as bad as what you're going through for sure. But I also often feel lonely because everyone I know has way more friends than I do.

Reactions: Maggotymaggots, lv-gras and BlackDragonof1989
BlackDragonof1989

BlackDragonof1989

Mage
Jul 12, 2018
My mom died when I was a teenager. I've never known friends or other family. I don't know what it is about me, but I cannot maintain friendships. I'm finally old enough that I don't have to try anymore b/c no one wants to know you once you're over, say, 31, 32... Unless you're rich and powerful and can benefit them. When I was in college I had profound physical pain from the isolation. It felt like I was having a heart attack. Later, I'd tell people I knew well--not begging or anything, just sharing. Invariable, they'd be totally scared off. It's been about 15 years since I've had a conversation with anyone about anything other than work. Admitting you're lonely today, despite the pandemic of loneliness as published in some of the best worldwide epidemiological journals, is enough to earn you ... social isolation.

I read some articles by scholars on the evolution of human responses to loneliness. They believe people isolate the lonely (and other "mentally ill") to protect themselves, as if from a communicable disease. Other research shows depression acts very much like a communicable disease. We're the "sick" ones the rest are terrified of and so they quarantine us. Indefinitely.

The truth of life seems to be that there's no objective justice. Some have, some have a lot, and some have virtually nothing. Oh well...
Beautifully articulated.

Reactions: lv-gras and Tiburcio
RaptorHavx

RaptorHavx

Drowning in loneliness...
Aug 15, 2018
Wow, I'm surprised to see lots of people suffering from loneliness. I've always though nearly every one is so full of life and spend most of free time with others... unlike me. My family is abroad and after parents divorced I can only speak to my dad. No friends ever, 24hrs each day alone, never hanging out with people, only saying hi at work or mall while shopping. I'm broken... This literally kills after many years, especially someone weak-minded like me. I only knew one person during high school with who I could speak a bit thats all. I don't fit there. Just pretending to be normal, but I never could freely get into group of people and just have fun. My life sucks...

Reactions: Maggotymaggots, BlackDragonof1989, lv-gras and 2 others
LoverofDeath

LoverofDeath

Aug 11, 2018
I only have one best friend and no other friends, mainly because I don't want any. Whenever my family ask to go out with them, mainly one of my cousins, I don't. She wanted me to go and see a movie with her a few weeks ago but I didn't want to go. I prefer being alone and don't like being around people at all.

Reactions: Maggotymaggots, BlackDragonof1989 and Tiburcio
T

Tiburcio

I only have one best friend and no other friends, mainly because I don't want any. Whenever my family ask to go out with them, mainly one of my cousins, I don't. She wanted me to go and see a movie with her a few weeks ago but I didn't want to go. I prefer being alone and don't like being around people at all.
I understand you perfectly. I'm feeling the impulse of leaving everyone who I know except that friend.

Reactions: Maggotymaggots, BlackDragonof1989, LoverofDeath and 2 others