_Minsk

_Minsk

death: the cure for life
Dec 9, 2019
its like a bad joke, i feel like im still in all these traumatic events, I can't get out of them and im creating the same experiences over and over again. It's just tiring.. i can't move forward in life, it completely sucks.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Suicidebydeath, rationaltake, MindFrog and 9 others
rock3

rock3

Slowly dying on the inside
Jun 20, 2022
I get the feeling that no matter what you do, it always returns to that one thing. And no matter what you do you cant control the memories or move forward to make new ones.

• Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk, rationaltake, Dead Meat and 1 other person
K

Klophy

Lost...
Jun 28, 2022
I once read this article about how eye movement could reduce the emotion you feel when you recall a traumatic event. EDMR therapy, i think it was called.

For me it kind of worked. I can recall memories of my abuse/bullying without any fear. However i still can't escape from the feelings overall, i know what the fear felt like and the resulting anxiety, panic, etc i got from it is still there too.

I agree, it's so tiring.

• Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk, rationaltake, MindFrog and 2 others
C

chloramine

Arcanist
Apr 18, 2022
It's exhausting yeah. I'm sorry it's keeping you trapped in awful experiences. Having to live through it once is bad enough- having to then re-experience it once you're out of it is just unfair.

Unfortunately when Bad Things happen our brains do everything they can to make sure that thing never happens again which. The fun of ptsd and c-ptsd. It's your brain trying to protect you. Personally making that distinction has somewhat helped? Not always, but there are times when knowing that it's a defence mechanism can help create a bit of distance from the memories.

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk, rationaltake and Dead Meat
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
I once read this article about how eye movement could reduce the emotion you feel when you recall a traumatic event. EDMR therapy, i think it was called.

For me it kind of worked. I can recall memories of my abuse/bullying without any fear. However i still can't escape from the feelings overall, i know what the fear felt like and the resulting anxiety, panic, etc i got from it is still there too.
yeah EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing). ive heard many good things about it from SA/R victims however sadly its one of those, worse before its better things. from what ive read you have to sit through your personal hell, but it seems worth it

• Informative
Reactions: chloramine, _Minsk, rationaltake and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Living really is so painful and it is horrible how our thoughts are capable of torturing us. I'm sorry that you suffer so much. It is sad how so many people live lives filled with agony. It certainly is a cruel world.

• Hugs
Reactions: Suicidebydeath, chloramine and _Minsk
BigPP

BigPP

Already dead
Apr 30, 2022
Reminds me of the whole why does tourettes usually manifest as vulgarity instead of kindness. It's a mystery, but it does make sense

Reactions: chloramine, _Minsk and rationaltake