• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Recently I watched an 1,5 hour interview of John Mearsheimer on the Ukraine war. My personal stance is diametrical but I appreciate Mearsheimer's contrarian takes. I cannot remember the exact words he used. It is difficult to put it into words. But he said many dictators are described to be similar as bad as Hitler and that this is usually a strategy to frame a narrative. (Was it they get hitlerized or something like that? I think reductio ad hitlerum is even a logical fallacy in debates but I think this is about something else). So after this introduction I can now explain my uneducated opinion that noone really likes because let's be real most people on the internet in comment sections or forums seem to be in favor of takes similar to Mearsheimer's.

So maybe the mainstream position gets contrarian. Well that argument is even too stretched for me.

So now really to the opinion part. I think Putin is a mass-murderer. Though Biden, Clinton and Obama are mass-murderers too. I am not sure whether Olaf Scholz is a mass-murderer. I think the German Bundeswehr or the German intelligence services are too incompetent to murder anyone. So far people might agree with this take. I kind of agree with Noam Chomsky that if the Nuernberg laws were applied, then every post-war American president would have been charged.

Though now I am come to the unpopular part. I think it would be wrong to put Biden and Putin into the same category. We could talk about Putin and Bush. Though Biden did not attack an innocent country and started a war to conquer a country.

For me the decisive difference is in which magnitude and how systematically civilians are attacked and tortured. The war crimes for example the Bucha massacres and in the Kharkiv region and so many more prove that. It is hard to prove whether Putin ordered it with full certainty but noone who is serious would doubt that. It is a strategy to break the will of the Ukrainian people. Little children get abducted etc.

I think there is even a discussion among Western analysts in favor of sending weapons whether the Hitler comparison fits. I think Tmothy Snyder is in favor of this argument. I think they discuss whether Putin's actions are equivalent to a genocide. I think the debate has to be way more nannced than that what I can offer with this thread. It is the question whether the attack is against a certain ethnicity. For the Hitler comparison a genocide might be important.

In the end this debabte can evoke many heated exchanges and blood boiling though finally maybe it is kind of useless. He is a bloody murderer. It is difficult to quantify evil. Putin should get the death sentence but we all know that is kind of unlikely.

The debate could go into different directions. Whether the war against Ukraine is a genocide. Or to posture yourself as fighter for one of the two sides in this war.

Touhou

Touhou

2hu
Mar 9, 2023
No. I think Putin's just defending Russia against the relentless microaggressions Ukraine's lodged against Russia since the 2014 Crimean crisis.

P

PrisonPlanet

Jun 14, 2023
Putin doesn't even come close to hitler. Biden is worse than Putin. If you don't pay attention to the msm putin isn't really all that bad.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I don't know. I doubt we get to hear half of what really goes on. I expect even our own leaders have skeletons in their closets. Nothing would surprise me these days.

Alltheywanted

Alltheywanted

I'll just lay here and die
Mar 6, 2023
Biden is worse than Putin.
I feel the same. The only reason no1 talks about Biden (and other USA presidents) is that our society is being fooled by American propaganda, same as russians are being fooled by russian propaganda. It happens everywhere, for example in my country (eastern europe) where elderly ppl get indoctrinated by 2 rulings parties, or young ppl like me get indoctrinated by opposition parties.

Last edited:
Reactions: looking.glass
L

looking.glass

Dec 13, 2021
Hitler tried to wipe out the Jews.

At worst Putin is attacking for land like many countries have (including "good countries.") I think he doesn't want NATO on his doorstep since we went back on our agreement.

CW36

CW36

➕〰️➰
Jul 23, 2023
Putin is a picnic compared to Harry Hitler.