• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Raum

Raum

Mar 8, 2022
Hey. So ive read the exit bag thread, and already purchased my nitrogen tank.

I informed myself to the best of my abilities, but i still wanted someone to confirm me that what im buying is correct.

Im in the uk, and this is the valve of my tank, and the tank itself.

Apparently its a 5/8" bsp 341 no 3 british standard. ( Mouthful right?)

I even googled the male connection, and it looks scarily the same like the US standard one, cga 580.

On top of that neither my tank as you can see mentions the type of connection i need ( just says bs3) and i cant find any nitrogen regulators in the uk reliably.

The only one available i see are argon ones, but people said these are fit for our purpose.

So i just wanted to share a few regulators that i found and i think they would fit, and someone that knows more than me could possibly confirm please.

Also my tank is 200 bar, i suppose if the regulator is 300 bar rated thats not a problem either?

Two of the regulators i found available for purchase and i *think* would work :

Can anyone confirm?

Reactions: Euthanza
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I'm in USA, but from the research I just did, it appears that the nitrogen tanks have a designation " 5/8" BSP female right hand cone recessed at 230 bar".

The Argon tanks I looked at have a designation "BS3".

Based on that, I would have to say NO to compatibility. I could be wrong. I think the bar designation is not a problem, as long as the regulator is equipped to accept more than what is put to it. NOT the other way though.

This is where I found the info below. You can look up any gas tank you want here:

https://www.boconline.co.uk/shop/en...itrogen-oxygen-free-230-bar-cylinder#product1

https://www.boconline.co.uk/shop/en...argon-research-grade-cylinder-293680#product1

I'm correcting my last posting above. That may be right what you have. But, the info in your picture of the regulator is not enough. Need to see the data on the box, or contained on the page where that picture came from.

Is this the regulator in your picture?

https://www.onbuy.com/gb/langley-argon-welding-regulator-side-entry-300-bar-service~c5419~p9037266/

If so, it says this in the product description:

Summary
  • Side Entry Argon Regulator
  • Suitable for Pure Argon & Argon/CO2 mixes
  • 2 Gauges for Cylinder pressure, and output in LPM
  • 5/8 BSP Inlet, 3/8 BSP Outlet, both Male Thread
  • Suitable for majority of Industrial cylinders
Seems to me like 5/8 BSP Male Inlet on this regulator matches up to the 5/8 BSP Female threads of your tank.

Last edited:
Raum

Raum

Mar 8, 2022
I'm in USA, but from the research I just did, it appears that the nitrogen tanks have a designation " 5/8" BSP female right hand cone recessed at 230 bar".

The Argon tanks I looked at have a designation "BS3".

Based on that, I would have to say NO to compatibility. I could be wrong. I think the bar designation is not a problem, as long as the regulator is equipped to accept more than what is put to it. NOT the other way though.

This is where I found the info below. You can look up any gas tank you want here:

https://www.boconline.co.uk/shop/en...itrogen-oxygen-free-230-bar-cylinder#product1

https://www.boconline.co.uk/shop/en...argon-research-grade-cylinder-293680#product1

I'm correcting my last posting above. That may be right what you have. But, the info in your picture of the regulator is not enough. Need to see the data on the box, or contained on the page where that picture came from.
Yes, i posted the tank i had specifically with the valve and listing. It mentions a bs3 valve.

Thats my problem as well, all this convoluted terms without much explanation : "bs3, 5/8 , thread circumference, bsp 341no 3" etc but the listings don't mention what i need exactly, and more so i struggled to find those two with even those details.

Most listings just say " adheres to iso 5171" or something which is yet another term that doesn't really tell me anything, so i eyeball the valve.

Not only cga looks deceivingly close to bsp , but even the bsp 341 no 3 connection DIFFERS from the bsp341 no 3 esc mode sells on their site for this sole purpose. :

Like wtf?

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Above is YOUR description of the INLET to your tank. It's 5/8" BSP 341

Summary
  • Side Entry Argon Regulator
  • Suitable for Pure Argon & Argon/CO2 mixes
  • 2 Gauges for Cylinder pressure, and output in LPM
  • 5/8 BSP Inlet, 3/8 BSP Outlet, both Male Thread
  • Suitable for majority of Industrial cylinders
Above, this is the description from the regulator you are looking at. Look where it says 5/8" BSP. That is the part that MATES to the inlet of your tank. The part that says 3/8" BSP is the OUTLET from that regulator (where the hose screws on). To me, it appears that the tank you have, and the regulator you show in your picture, DO go together. The Bar is not an issue. The regulator in your picture can handle UP TO 300 bar, but your tank is only 200 bar. No problem there. I don't think that bottle connector is what you need. Obviously, that BOTTLE CONNECTOR is NOT going to attach to the regulator you show in your picture. I think it's the 5/8" to 5/8" (regulator male, tank female) that is important. Maybe someone else will chime in.

And BTW, your pictures don't show on Imgur when I click on them.

Raum

Raum

Mar 8, 2022
Above is YOUR description of the INLET to your tank. It's 5/8" BSP 341

Above, this is the description from the regulator you are looking at. Look where it says 5/8" BSP. That is the part that MATES to the inlet of your tank. The part that says 3/8" BSP is the OUTLET from that regulator (where the hose screws on). To me, it appears that the tank you have, and the regulator you show in your picture, DO go together. The Bar is not an issue. The regulator in your picture can handle UP TO 300 bar, but your tank is only 200 bar. No problem there. I don't think that bottle connector is what you need. Obviously, that BOTTLE CONNECTOR is NOT going to attach to the regulator you show in your picture. I think it's the 5/8" to 5/8" (regulator male, tank female) that is important. Maybe someone else will chime in.

And BTW, your pictures don't show on Imgur when I click on them.
Which pictures? You identified the regulators i posted and those were on imgur as well.

And i think by bottle connectors you mean the second imgur link. If you can see them at a glance i guess its good enough, because I don't know what could be causing this.

As for the second comment with those connectors, were just my research and showing you what i think the connection looks like.

So to summarize you think my research is correct, and both of the regulators i posted should be fit for purpose?

If yes thanks for checking, and hopefully someone else can pitch in and confirm as well.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Well, now the pictures you linked to from Imgur don't even show up in your posts.

You only posted 1 picture of a regulator. The picture you posted of a "bottle connector", which isn't showing up anymore in your post, says
"bottle connector" right in your picture.

I only saw 1 picture of a regulator you posted. Never saw any others. The first picture you posted is of the brass valve on the top of your tank that shows the inlet threads (5/8").

Wait and see if someone else chimes in.

Raum

Raum

Mar 8, 2022
Well, now the pictures you linked to from Imgur don't even show up in your posts.

You only posted 1 picture of a regulator. The picture you posted of a "bottle connector", which isn't showing up anymore in your post, says
"bottle connector" right in your picture.

I only saw 1 picture of a regulator you posted. Never saw any others. The first picture you posted is of the brass valve on the top of your tank that shows the inlet threads (5/8").

Wait and see if someone else chimes in.
Everything i mentioned was provided in the links, and it works fine for me, bizzare.

Since you posted a source i think it doesn't really matter so yeah , the tank i have : https://www.shopairproducts.co.uk/product.php?id=14620

And some other regulators i think would work based on what i know, the first one you identified only by the thumbnail was as correct.

Some nitrogen i managed to find.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Everything i mentioned was provided in the links, and it works fine for me, bizzare.

Since you posted a source i think it doesn't really matter so yeah , the tank i have : https://www.shopairproducts.co.uk/product.php?id=14620

And some other regulators i think would work based on what i know, the first one you identified only by the thumbnail was as correct.

Some nitrogen i managed to find.

Yeah, your photos aren't showing up for me. I refreshed a bunch of time and the "frames" are there but no images.

Anyway, the first regulator you mention I also believe will work. However, look where the inlet is on this regular, opposite where the gauges are. Your tank valve has it's outlet coming off the side, doesn't it? So, when you screw this regulator to your tank, the gauges will be 90-degrees off to the side. Not a big deal really. You can still read them. But, this style regulator is more made for a tank whose outlet is facing upwards from the tank. see what I mean?

As for the second regulator you mention, see how the inlet is off to the side of the gauges. This is the style made for your tank, that has the outlet horizontal.

I think either of these would also work with your tank. The second one is "more correct" because of the orientation of the inlet.

Reactions: Raum
Raum

Raum

Mar 8, 2022
Yeah, your photos aren't showing up for me. I refreshed a bunch of time and the "frames" are there but no images.

Anyway, the first regulator you mention I also believe will work. However, look where the inlet is on this regular, opposite where the gauges are. Your tank valve has it's outlet coming off the side, doesn't it? So, when you screw this regulator to your tank, the gauges will be 90-degrees off to the side. Not a big deal really. You can still read them. But, this style regulator is more made for a tank whose outlet is facing upwards from the tank. see what I mean?

As for the second regulator you mention, see how the inlet is off to the side of the gauges. This is the style made for your tank, that has the outlet horizontal.

I think either of these would also work with your tank. The second one is "more correct" because of the orientation of the inlet.
That is actually a detail i thought about but slipped me in the end, yes its sideways and has that protective frame around the valve as well, so i think i will inch towards the latter too, thank you.

One last thing.. on that one the gauge on the right.. is that one the one for the LPM setting right? I see its marked in two different ways.. so i would need to crank it all the way up to adjust it to the recommended 15lpm?

Isn't it also concerning because i read a regulator gets inaccurate towards its limit, so its better if i find one with a greater flow control or something? This one seemingly being capped at 15. ( In what im assuming is the LPM reading)

Last edited:
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Yes, the one on the right is what tells you the amount of flow OUT of the regulator, which is adjusted by the knob. And yes, it appears it only goes up to 16 lb/in^2. How much flow is necessary for what you need? To what "end device" will this regulator be delivering the nitrogen?

Raum

Raum

Mar 8, 2022

What would be the conversion of that gauge into lpm? Apparently only argon ones have lpm whilst the nitrogen ones i posted only mention "10 bar" and i cant read and understand really any of the two gauges.

Back to doing research i guess, least i found the correct valve, with your help.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
The gauges you just linked to show outlet pressure as lbs/in^2 (pounds per inch squared), which is what we use here in the USA to designate pressure. Whatever you attach it to, which you still didn't say, may not be able to handle that much pressure. Are you attaching it to a bag? A mask? Filling up a box of some sort? What?

Raum

Raum

Mar 8, 2022
The gauges you just linked to show outlet pressure as lbs/in^2 (pounds per inch squared), which is what we use here in the USA to designate pressure. Whatever you attach it to, which you still didn't say, may not be able to handle that much pressure. Are you attaching it to a bag? A mask? Filling up a box of some sort? What?
Just doing the classic exit oven roasting bag, and its mentioned i need constant steady 15/lpm flow in order for it to succeed.

Reactions: outrider567
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Why don't you do a Google search for lpm to lbs/in^2 conversion?

15 L/m DOES NOT EQUAL 15 Lbs per square inch. OK?

In order to get your 15 LPM.................the setting on the regulator will be MUCH LOWER than the 15 lbs per square inch on the gauge. How much? I can't tell you.

I can tell you this though if it will help:

15 lb/in2​ =
1.03421355 bar

I think around 14.5 lbs/in^2 on the gauge will give you the 15 LPM flow rate you desire.

Last edited:
Raum

Raum

Mar 8, 2022
Why don't you do a Google search for lpm to lbs/in^2 conversion?

15 L/m DOES NOT EQUAL 15 Lbs per square inch. OK?

In order to get your 15 LPM.................the setting on the regulator will be MUCH LOWER than the 15 lbs per square inch on the gauge. How much? I can't tell you.

I can tell you this though if it will help:

15 lb/in2​ =
1.03421355 bar
Because the terms are convoluted, i have no idea what any of them mean, and its not as simple as "just googling it" because even the first page doesn't return and mention the exact terms i mean, see for yourself since if i post another imgur link i dont think itll work. ( Or im just too dumb to figure it out.)

TOGGLE : from pounds (water mass) per minute into Liters per minute in the other way around.

flow rate from Liter per minute to pound (water mass) per minute conversion results
Amount : 15 Liters per minute (L/min of flow rate)
Equals : 33.07 pounds (water mass) per minute (lb/min / flow rate)
Fraction : 33 7/100 pounds (water mass) per minute (lb/min / flow rate)
Enter a new Liter per minute number to convert
* Whole numbers, decimals or fractions (ie: 6, 5.33, 17 3/8)
* Precision is how many digits after decimal point (1 - 9)

Enter Amount :

Decimal Precision :

Thats what googling it by the most accurate result gets me.

Is this what i really need? Where would this translate onto the regulator? Is this an accurate calculus because if im not certain i might end up worse off?

Yeah i think ill have to stick to the lpm argon one unless someone more capable can clear this for me.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Go for it. Whatever you have to have.

I would look for one that measures in flow and NOT pressure. The problem with the conversion of pressures to flow dealing with gases is that it is not linear. It's complicated and time consuming. Just find the right regulator for flow with the same connector as the ones we discussed.

Raum

Raum

Mar 8, 2022
Go for it. Whatever you have to have.

I would look for one that measures in flow and NOT pressure. The problem with the conversion of pressures to flow dealing with gases is that it is not linear. It's complicated and time consuming. Just find the right regulator for flow with the same connector as the ones we discussed.
It was just me im the end being nitpicky about using a "nitrogen regulator" to a nitrogen tank, in order to minimize any possible complications and calm my wild anxiety, but ill trust argon will work just as well as others others seemed to have approved of it, both here and just by googling it.

Thank you for the time taken to clear this with me tonight, really appreciate it friend.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I thought about something else.......................you could also buy a separate FLOW METER and put it in line going to the bag (cut the hose and attach each end of the cut hose to the inlet and outlet of the flow meter) and adjust the regulator accordingly to get the 15 LPM flow.

And yes, you're welcome.

Before you do anything, think through, again, and again, and again, what you are doing and make sure this is what you want and is the right choice for you.

I don't want to see anyone end their life. I absolutely believe in a person's right to choose that path. It doesn't mean I want to see it happen. If that makes any sense???? Get it???

Oh yeah. If you do decide to go through with it, I hope there's peace in it for you, for whatever reason you seek it.

Hey, I just found this:

https://www.quora.com/What-s-the-conversion-rate-of-15-LPM-of-nitrogen-on-a-regulator-to-PSI-and-which-or-where-could-I-get-one-that-would-be-the-best-to-use

Last edited:
Raum

Raum

Mar 8, 2022
I thought about something else.......................you could also buy a separate FLOW METER and put it in line going to the bag (cut the hose and attach each end of the cut hose to the inlet and outlet of the flow meter) and adjust the regulator accordingly to get the 15 LPM flow.

And yes, you're welcome.

Before you do anything, think through, again, and again, and again, what you are doing and make sure this is what you want and is the right choice for you.

I don't want to see anyone end their life. I absolutely believe in a person's right to choose that path. It doesn't mean I want to see it happen. If that makes any sense???? Get it???

Oh yeah. If you do decide to go through with it, I hope there's peace in it for you, for whatever reason you seek it.

Hey, I just found this:

https://www.quora.com/What-s-the-conversion-rate-of-15-LPM-of-nitrogen-on-a-regulator-to-PSI-and-which-or-where-could-I-get-one-that-would-be-the-best-to-use

It seems im back to square one.

If i purchase an argon regulator, theres a very convoluted calculus that has to be done and its barely addressed even if answered. :
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...as-and-why-is-it-a-co2-argon-regulator.21456/

Because the regulator is rated for argon, and nitrogen had very different weight than argon, i need to find that conversion number.
15 lpm argon =/ 15 lpm nitrogen, despite people saying it works. ( And it does, technically they have the same fittings.)

How much lpm in argon regulator = 15 lpm in nitrogen.

Thankfully Greenberg had it adressed in his nitrogen exit blog and apparently its 12.5 lpm.

Problem is this comment on the megathread dismantled that option single handedly.
( Read picture attached now here for context)

( Based on that . maybe it could still work if i set the flow rate higher, since i have a 10 liter, so way more than i need, and wouldn't worry about wasting, but I don't know how that would affect or change everything.)

Ok.... Nitrogen regulator then... With extra money, extra work and confusion to buy an added nitrogen flowmeter, since as you noted it doesn't even have a correct ( no lpm like argon) reading and I would need one.

Only one problem. Theres none. Nada. 0. Googled aggressively "nitrogen flowmeter" and theres absolutely none to buy in uk, as the guy touches on in the comment as well.

All flow regulators i find are for argon.

So nitrogen tank - nitrogen pressure and flow regulator ( latter part unusable) + argon flowmeter?
That would still lead to a weird conversion and it isn't made to work together and its all making me super anxious.

I spent one month and money trying to replicate the SCUBA Stickstoff method in greenbergs blog by that german user, got everything i needed, but it was all wasted effort in the end because i just wasn't in Germany so our valves and adapters were different, it didn't work and what i need it doesn't exist. ( No valve talk was mentioned in the guide, only adapters that don't adapt to my valve type, since im in the uk, so i only found out after the purchases.)

Refunded the regulator and still have the mask, and the nitrogen tank.

And now i have to settle for the classic exit bag and i can't pull that off either because im not from the USA and don't have the correct equipment either available??

If you're in USA you make a quick buy list, read the nitrogen megathread and you're set to go, but here am i almost 2 months into it, im running out of money and thus time,( cant afford esc mode one, thats why i wanted to buy regular ones, almost 10 times less the price.)

And the only things i have ready are the bag and the tank. I've done so much reading into stupid fittings, connections, that I don't wanna know anything about and im no closer to have my last days spent peacefully.

I just wanna buy everything i need at a non predatory price, put them together and be at peace that i can go anytime, but here im stuck doing stupid ass math conversions confirmed by almost nobody on the site ( unlike the tests done on peaceful pill with their equipment etc) and if anyone goes wrong it could lead me to brain damage.

Most of the information seems catered to the US and im scrambling for bits and pieces.

Geniuenly feel like crying.

But i may be overreacting, ill go to in for tonight and see what i can do again tomorrow.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220505-093324__02.jpg
    Screenshot_20220505-093324__02.jpg
    506.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
It seems im back to square one.

If i purchase an argon regulator, theres a very convoluted calculus that has to be done and its barely addressed even if answered. :
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...as-and-why-is-it-a-co2-argon-regulator.21456/

Because the regulator is rated for argon, and nitrogen had very different weight than argon, i need to find that conversion number.
15 lpm argon =/ 15 lpm nitrogen, despite people saying it works. ( And it does, technically they have the same fittinngs.)

How much lpm in argon regulator = 15 lpm in nitrogen.

Thankfully Greenberg had it adressed in his nitrogen exit blog and apparently its 12.5 lpm.

Problem is this comment on the megathread dismantled that option single handedly.

( Based on that . maybe it could still work if i set the flow rate higher, since i have a 10 liter, so way more than i need, and wouldn't worry about wasting, but I don't know how that would affect or change everything.)

Ok.... Nitrogen regulator then... With extra money, extra work and confusion to buy an added nitrogen flowmeter, since as you noted it doesn't even have a correct ( no lpm like argon) reading and I would need one.

Only one problem. Theres none. Nada. 0. Googled aggressively "nitrogen flowmeter" and theres absolutely none to buy in uk, as the guy touches on in the comment as well.

All flow regulators i find are for argon.

So nitrogen tank - nitrogen pressure and flow regulator ( latter part unusable) + argon flowmeter?
That would still lead to a weird conversion and it isn't made to work together and its all making me super anxious.

I spent one month and money trying to replicate the SCUBA Stickstoff method in greenbergs blog by that german user, got everything i needed, but it was all wasted effort in the end because i just wasn't in Germany so our valves and adapters were different, it didn't work and what i need it doesn't exist.

And now i have to settle for the classic exit bag and i can't pull that off either because im not from the USA and don't have the correct equipment either available??

If you're in USA you make a quick buy list, read the nitrogen megathread and you're set to go, but here am i almost 2 months into it, im running out of money and thus time,( cant afford esc mode one, thats why i wanted to buy regular ones, almost 10 times less the price.)

And the only things i have ready are the bag and the tank. I've done so much reading into stupid fittings, connections, that I don't wanna know anything about and im no closer to have my last days spent peacefully.

I just wanna buy everything i need at a non predatory price, put them together and be at peace that i can go anytime, but here im stuck doing stupid ass math conversions confirmed by almost nobody on the site that if wrong could lead me to brain damage.

Most of the information seems catered to the US and im scrambling for bits and pieces.

Geniuenly feel like crying.

But i may be overreacting, ill go to in for tonight and see what i can do again tomorrow.
I'm sorry reading the difficulty you're experiencing---The Maxdog regulator you can order from Australia(takes 2 weeks)but you mentioned money problems and it cost $330--The Maxdog regulator is adjusted to your specific country like Britain for good connection to the tank, and it also has a flowmeter attached, goes to 15 liters per minute--takes just a few seconds to attach to the Nitrogen tank--Did another test--Oxygen dropped from 98 to 54 after 5 deep breaths(15 second delayed effect on the oximeter)---Greenberg on the Inert Gases mega thread is the expert around here and always answers questions, hope he can help you, keep at it---Nitrogen regulators are listed in so many places,including Youtube--sorry you're experiencing problems ordering them in the UK

Last edited:
Raum

Raum

Mar 8, 2022
I'm sorry reading the difficulty you're experiencing---The Maxdog regulator you can order from Australia(takes 2 weeks)but you mentioned money problems and it cost $330--The Maxdog regulator is adjusted to your specific country like Britain for good connection to the tank, and it also has a flowmeter attached, goes to 15 liters per minute--takes just a few seconds to attach to the Nitrogen tank--Did another test--Oxygen dropped from 98 to 54 after 5 deep breaths(15 second delayed effect on the oximeter)---Greenberg on the Inert Gases mega thread is the expert around here and always answers questions, hope he can help you

Both maxdog and imbd or how its called have been debunked to some degree in greenbergs blog if you read about it. So only option is escmode. Which is 270 pounds, almost 10 times more than an actual argon- nitrogen regulator that goes for 30-50.

I wouldn't be able to buy it without literally cutting short the few last weeks of my existence. ( Living costs)
So thats not really cute for me.. thought at least i might spent my last weeks reflecting on my life and how everything went, write thoughtful notes to the few people i didn't push out of my life, etc etc.

I am discussing with him currently and waiting on a answer, but i feel dumb because i also asked him so many questions about the Stickstoff method that weren't adressed or i didn't understand just because it was posted on his blog, but he didn't write it.
I feel like im annoying him at this point and im such a burden, so i go and read and read and try to not make other people do the work and dilligence for myself but im either very dumb or this is considerably harder to pull off in uk for some reason. ( Probably both.)

And even if hes right and if i can "safely" use a argon regulator and flowmeter the comment ive shown makes a really good point and warns that i shouldn't do that.

Im not very keen on using my life as a testing ground for an already solved tried and true solution, because why? Component mismatch based on regionality?

At that point i might go down even more a peg and be forced into partial hanging which honestly i feel completely repulsed about. And afraid.

Thank you though for taking the time to respond and read though, i appreciate it.

Last edited:
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
You need a flow meter in line with the hose from the regulator to the exit bag.

Reactions: outrider567
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
Both maxdog and imbd or how its called have been debunked to some degree in greenbergs blog if you read about it. So only option is escmode. Which is 270 pounds, almost 10 times more than an actual argon- nitrogen regulator that goes for 30-50.

I wouldn't be able to buy it without literally cutting short the few last weeks of my existence. ( Living costs)
So thats not really cute for me.. thought at least i might spent my last weeks reflecting on my life and how everything went, write thoughtful notes to the few people i didn't push out of my life, etc etc.

I am discussing with him currently and waiting on a answer, but i feel dumb because i also asked him so many questions about the Stickstoff method that weren't adressed or i didn't understand just because it was posted on his blog, but he didn't write it.
I feel like im annoying him at this point and im such a burden, so i go and read and read and try to not make other people do the work and dilligence for myself but im either very dumb or this is considerably harder to pull off in uk for some reason. ( Probably both.)

And even if hes right and if i can "safely" use a argon regulator and flowmeter the comment ive shown makes a really good point and warns that i shouldn't do that.

Im not very keen on using my life as a testing ground for an already solved tried and true solution, because why? Component mismatch based on regionality?

At that point i might go down even more a peg and be forced into partial hanging which honestly i feel completely repulsed about. And afraid.

Thank you though for taking the time to respond and read though, i appreciate it.
Well, I wouldn't worry about annoying Greenberg, he's always there for people--The only poster he didn't like was that German guy on the Mega thread, spreading misinformation

Raum

Raum

Mar 8, 2022
You need a flow meter in line with the hose from the regulator to the exit bag.
The ar regulator already had an in build flow meter. So should i still get a separate one and then use the conversion from nitrogen lpm to argon lpm to get the correct flow since argon is more heavy and dense?

How about that comment that i copied and highlighted where it says you shouldn't use an argon flowmeter on a nitrogen tank and a conversion formula? Is it accurate or can i ignore it and proceed anyway?

Because as i said theres no nitrogen flowmeters to buy in uk, that i can find so far.
So argon is my only option.

O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022

The MaxDog regulator is fine, it was the discredited German guy on the Mega thread who was skepitical about it---But anyway, for backup, I possess three other nitrogen regulators and flowmeters so, if I want, I can use those instead of the MaxDog if I so choose--I'm well prepared

Justnotme

Justnotme

I want to hang myself
Mar 7, 2022
Hey. So ive read the exit bag thread, and already purchased my nitrogen tank.

I informed myself to the best of my abilities, but i still wanted someone to confirm me that what im buying is correct.

Im in the uk, and this is the valve of my tank, and the tank itself.

I even googled the male connection, and it looks scarily the same like the US standard one, cga 580.

On top of that neither my tank as you can see mentions the type of connection i need ( just says bs3) and i cant find any nitrogen regulators in the uk reliably.

The only one available i see are argon ones, but people said these are fit for our purpose.

So i just wanted to share a few regulators that i found and i think they would fit, and someone that knows more than me could possibly confirm please.

Also my tank is 200 bar, i suppose if the regulator is 300 bar rated thats not a problem either?

Two of the regulators i found available for purchase and i *think* would work :

Can anyone confirm?

May I ask why you chose nitrogen of 99.999% purity, and not lower (99.0%, for example, or 99.99%). And I also wanted to ask if you have considered nitrogen 6.0 (99.9999%)?

Raum

Raum

Mar 8, 2022
May I ask why you chose nitrogen of 99.999% purity, and not lower (99.0%, for example, or 99.99%). And I also wanted to ask if you have considered nitrogen 6.0 (99.9999%)?

Hi, well all i knew about it was that the higher concentration the better for our purposes, and i got the highest one i found at an affordable price.

What difference would it make for cbt? Wouldn't it just have the same effect on you? wouldn't my nitrogen or nitrogen 6.0 put you out at equal speed?

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
The ar regulator already had an in build flow meter.
Where? I looked at it. All it has is a tank pressure gauge and an outflow pressure gauge.

How about that comment that i copied and highlighted where it says you shouldn't use an argon flowmeter on a nitrogen tank and a conversion formula? Is it accurate or can i ignore it and proceed anyway?
All I can say about this is that there are many threads in other forums where it is stated that the argon regulator will work with a nitrogen tank, and vice versa.

But, I think what we came up with in our chat is the BEST way to go.

Raum

Raum

Mar 8, 2022
Where? I looked at it. All it has is a tank pressure gauge and an outflow pressure gauge.

All I can say about this is that there are many threads in other forums where it is stated that the argon regulator will work with a nitrogen tank, and vice versa.

But, I think what we came up with in our chat is the BEST way to go.

Well.. yes..in other forums, for welding and other purposes. It is compatible, but how accurate will it be for steady lpm flow, for our purposes,conversing from nitrogen to argon, the flowmeter being calibrated for argon.

Its quite scary when you don't have any confirmation or case use that happened using this equipment and ill have to be the first. Because if the flow isn't exactly at 15 lpm, im gonna be the one ending with brain damage.

You feel me?

I could try testing it to see how fast a bag would inflate, and try to compare that to how fast its stated in the peaceful pill etc, i suppose.

Heres hoping

Last edited:
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Well.. yes..in other forums, for welding and other purposes. It is compatible, but how accurate will it be for steady lpm flow, for our purposes,conversing from nitrogen to argon, the flowmeter being calibrated for argon.

Its quite scary when you don't have any confirmation or case use that happened using this equipment and ill have to be the first. Because if the flow isn't exactly at 15 lpm, im gonna be the one ending with brain damage.

You feel me?

I could try testing it to see how fast a bag would inflate, and try to compare that to how fast its stated in the peaceful pill etc, i suppose.

Heres hoping
I thought we figured this out and you are going to get the flow meter one you showed me in the link in our CHAT?