• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Dreamcolleger

Dreamcolleger

I surrender... I SURRENDER!
Apr 26, 2019
It's low stretch, if I go with hanging I'm using a static rope (no stretch).

Reactions: lllll
Dreamcolleger

Dreamcolleger

I surrender... I SURRENDER!
Apr 26, 2019
I'm not really an expert but from what I've read static climbing ropes are very good because they are strong and smooth on the neck. The thinner the rope the easier it can compress your arteries but also the more discomfort.

I'm going to use a 10-12mm rope with a thin piece of wool over it for comfort. I've not tried yet though.

DreamCatcher

DreamCatcher

Still searching
Jun 18, 2019
Is this rope good for partial:

Looks fine

Is this one good? It says semi-static

Looks good too

I come from a nautical background, the braided nylon, polypropylene, or polyamide ropes like these are the most comfortable and easiest to work with. I wouldn't see the rope being a failure point for either one.

Reactions: HGL91 and lllll
DreamCatcher

DreamCatcher

Still searching
Jun 18, 2019
What do think of the diameter?

10mm would probably be better and more comfortable. Bigger is better up to 1" or 25mm or so as long as you have a good attachment point and can tie a good slipknot in it. Also I'd do small bean bags as in the night night method taped over my arteries to take the pressure off of the wind pipe and make it more comfortable, but that's just a personal preference. It's not like I've done it, but I imagine that as the easiest way to go.

I doubt you'd encounter much discomfort either way though, the partial method is pretty gentle as it is.

Last edited:
  • Love
lllll

lllll

Apr 28, 2019
Thanks for the information!

Reactions: DreamCatcher
J

Juggernaut

Jun 1, 2019
The type and strength of rope is really only important if you plan to drop or suspend completely.....PS can be done with practically anything

Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus, JeSuisMalade, lllll and 1 other person
bacardirum

bacardirum

Experienced
May 21, 2019
Exactly, I just had a test run with a dressing gown chord, hope to end it shortly, the material does not matter for partial, as long as it's strong...

lllll

lllll

Apr 28, 2019
Also I'd do small bean bags as in the night night method taped over my arteries to take the pressure off of the wind pipe and make it more comfortable, but that's just a personal preference. It's not like I've done it, but I imagine that as the easiest way to go.
Can you explain that part better? I dont want to crush my windpipe

lllll

lllll

Apr 28, 2019
Exactly, I just had a test run with a dressing gown chord, hope to end it shortly, the material does not matter for partial, as long as it's strong...
Thanks, that makes me feel more confident. Ironically I had thought of using a dressing gown chord before, but I couldn't find any in my house.

DreamCatcher

DreamCatcher

Still searching
Jun 18, 2019
Can you explain that part better? I dont want to crush my windpipe

If you go to methods and look up the night night method it explains it better. Essentially it just provides a higher area over your arteries so it doesn't have to push as far on other areas to get the same blackout effect. Pretty much just a personal thing as the videos I've seen of people testing the partial method haven't complained of any sort of pain if it's done right.