hellispink

hellispink

poisonous
May 26, 2022
If life is ending, could it be worth a try contacting or reaching out to someone who meant a lot a lot of years back and haven't heard from them. If one is dying anyway, could it be a good thing to say hi? There is someone i really want to reach out too but i have a lot of fear but i dont know why since i am leaving anyway. I am scared that if i reach out the person will think of me as crazy or that i am dumb. It has been 8 years since i last had contact with such person. Would you do it?

• Hugs
Reactions: tera_forest, katagiri83, Sluggish_Slump and 2 others
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
Yes, but it is not likely to happen. Maybe reconnecting with them could buy me a few more months, but meh.

Reactions: Sluggish_Slump
voc_89

voc_89

Experienced
Apr 10, 2023
what can it hurt? Just temper expectations and accept that the results of the convo may or may not go your way. Also, try to ease the discussion there. For instance, i have never mentioned my SI out loud as, in my country, that ensures you will end up in the state's mental illness home. Making all my sacrifices to this point null and void (as I would basically become unemployable)... While that may not be the case in your country, it may be best to ease normal thinkers into our world

𖣴 nadia 𖣴

𖣴 nadia 𖣴

...member...
Dec 15, 2021
It's worth a try if it helps you cope while you're still here, depending on the type of relationship you had, they might find it weird or they'll just be glad to finally hear from you again.

In your case it might be a bit trickier if it's been 8 years because people can change a lot in that time, they might not be the same person you knew, but if you've been missing them it's definitely worth a try. I was missing my ex who I lost contact with when I started to withdraw a few years ago, I had the same worries as you, but you might find that they'd been wondering about you in the same way. In the time you've been apart they might have experienced things that make it easier for you both to talk more freely and openly than before.

• Love
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha and hellispink
hungry_ghost

hungry_ghost

جهاد
Feb 21, 2022
Fuck no.

Learned my lesson on that - if you fall out of touch with someone, then it's for a reason.

When you reach out trying to "re-kindle" whatever connection you had, you realize its not the same and never will be.

They've changed and evolved beyond you.

• Hugs
Reactions: hellispink and WorthlessTrash
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Personally- no. I think if the intention is almost certainly to commit suicide, I think it's kinder not to re-establish old relationships. I would have thought they may wonder if they had been given a chance to help but ultimately failed. Still- I guess it depends on the person. Some people may ultimately be grateful to have had the extra time and memories.

If there is a real chance of recovery though- it's certainly worth trying I would think. I'm sure having the support of other's helps.

Reactions: Sluggish_Slump
OceanBlue

OceanBlue

Feminist
Jun 13, 2021
Maybe leave them a goodbye note with a person they know as close to you. If they ever reach out to them and ask about you - the person can give them your note. Otherwise, no need to bother them, they will understand as you have lost contact.

If that helps - remember they will also die soon enough, everything will be forgotten.