• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

makingaplan

makingaplan

Apr 23, 2024
Is there liability in sharing a source that could come back to bite you?

ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
It could probably be considered assisted suicide. I've never heard of a case where someone was prosecuted for telling someone where they can buy materials though, only sellers that advertised it as a way to CTB

Reactions: Forveleth and idontfeellikeimreal
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
I think it's unlikely you could be prosecuted merely for telling someone where they can buy something. (The information is already publicly available, or you yourself wouldn't know about it.) But play safe, because the rules may vary from one country to another, and only give that kind of information in a PM.

Onelegman

Onelegman

I use a translator
May 24, 2024
Is there liability in sharing a source that could come back to bite you?
If a trial cannot prove that you forced that person to buy and drink SN it should not be a problem.

Reactions: DepressedDude
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
SN is legal and widely available so why should it be a problem?

Reactions: DepressedDude
F

feelinggloomy

Student
May 29, 2024
I agree it would be difficult to prove the elements of an offense… for merely sharing information.

HighFlight

HighFlight

Global Mod
Jun 28, 2023
@makingaplan, all of these responses are basically correct.

1) in most countries and jurisdictions, it is illegal for you directly provide information or support to someone attempting suicide. Here's a starting point for you. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assisted_suicide

2) providing sources in a public thread or post can qualify for #1, and is against SaSu rules. This is a quick way to get banned. However, what happens in a private message is not monitored unless specifically reported to us.

3) chances of successful criminal prosecution would be very small, as they would need to track you down and build a case using data from anonymous website. But if you aren't careful, it could be done. There would be other factors, such as is SN legal in your jurisdiction, and freedom of speech rights that would come into play.

tl;dr; be careful with what you post and who you share information with.

• Informative
Reactions: Redleaf1992 and DepressedDude
F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
So long as SN is legal in your area, I don't think there is a personal liability. However, as some countries further restrict ways people can kill themselves, known sources could be flagged for suspicious sources or specifically targeted for restrictions/shutting down. I'm sure some pro-lifers skulk around in forums like this one trying to find places they can potentially get shut down to "save people". So, sharing may not come back on your personally but more this community as a whole.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Yes, it can come back to bite you. I know of a user on this site who shared a SN source and how that gave them a visit from the police

• Wow
  • Informative
Reactions: Yavannah and DepressedDude
Coconut blue

Coconut blue

Student
May 13, 2024
You should be fine if the person you're providing information to is in a different country. Even if you're deemed criminally liable it's highly unlikely countries are going to go through all the proceedings of an extradition over one persons suicide.

Nikitatos

Nikitatos

Experienced
Apr 10, 2024
The United States has free speech built into the constitution. Plus, SN is not an illegal controlled substance.

....even as bored and overfunded as US police departments are, they have no legal basis for even having a conversation, nevermind charges. You would wind up gettng rich in a counter lawsuit if someone tried to bring charges.