finish.me

finish.me

I need you to feel this
Jul 14, 2021
Basically the title. If I was just constantly drunk, I think life would be so much easier. I've struggled with social anxiety my whole life and honestly after years of working on it and getting better at talking to people, my body still feels the anxiety, like it's just some conditioned response. Talking and interacting with people isn't too hard anymore, but the feeling of anxiety and my heart racing whenever I do is still there. It's frustrating. But when I'm drunk I basically dominate every fucking social setting with ease, because there's no anxiety, there's nothing stopping me from saying shit I want to say. The problem is I really don't want to be an alcoholic. pills? kratom? CBD?? any recommendations that isn't therapy would be great

• Yay!
Reactions: Shadowplay
C

cantlive

Just a non-believer
Jul 6, 2021
Reading books that stay with you

Adding fresh fruit to your water

Baking something that makes your home smell so good you notice it. this small amount of focus on something pleasant can be motivating to help you get stuff done in the hour it's baking— you can look up hedonic and eudemonic happiness. Then it's ready and rewarding.

Another example is playing music and painting or some activity that requires your focus. If you are lucky and you have friends then the reward is the time spent so you don't have to stress about things being perfect. An alternative to this is discussing a movie after seeing it. You mentioned social anxiety... other people are going to know the feeling.

Substances help in small doses on occasion. Once they are gone they are gone. I can't drink anymore so I have found other methods to get drunk.

I'm sorry if some of this falls into a therapy category but everything is relative.

• Hugs
Reactions: pixie
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
Benzos work great for me, but they are not suitable for consistent long-term use because they are addictive. I just use them for certain high anxiety situations like appointments, meeting someone, etc.

Reactions: motel rooms
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Is the reluctance to prescribe benzos on the part of one doctor or have you seen more than one doctor and none of them will prescribe them?

If you had mild anxiety I would understand their point of view but given the severity of your anxiety it's unethical for them to not allow you to make your own decision as far as using benzos.

I mean, they do have the option of limiting how many benzos and the strength of the benzos as far as milligrams that they could offer.

If you can another doctor who will listen to how bad your anxiety is please do so.

In the meantime:

As far as over the counter remedies I know that allergy medicines like Benadryl (or Diphenhydramine), and other allergy medications, help with anxiety and that Dramamine can also be an excellent sedative.

You can combine both Benadryl and Dramamine in order to get a good sedative effect.

I know how you're feeling and that your completely overwhelmed right now but I hope that you can find it within yourself to go out and get those two products.

CFLoser

CFLoser

I fcking hate myself
Dec 5, 2018
weed, phenibut (i would look into Phenibut for you it seems to be exactly what you need here), TRT.

Reactions: not4us and Depressed_Kettle
Kattt

Kattt

Ancient of Mu-Mu
May 18, 2021
you can try something like MDMA but there's so many fake synthesis going about, you would need a good source
Or (maybe don't) get into MDPV like a certain notorious dead person that literally wanted to F**K everything aiive:wink:

W

Wheredidmysanitygo

Love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage
Feb 4, 2021
the right amount of good weed does wonders for me. Not only does it get rid of the anxiety but it actually enchances my social skills as well as somehow broadening my vocabulary. but that is if i don't get too wasted. once i'm high as a kite i can't perform anything. so yeah, slippery slope. also amphetamines make me very talkative, but i'd rather refrain from those.

NearlyIrrelevantCake

NearlyIrrelevantCake

The Cake Is A Lie
Aug 12, 2021
THC does it for me.

Depressed_Kettle

Depressed_Kettle

Experienced
Apr 25, 2021
weed, phenibut (i would look into Phenibut for you it seems to be exactly what you need here), TRT.
I had mixed results with it. I don't always get an effect. I've only used it like 5-6 times though.

stellabelle

stellabelle

ethereal
Dec 14, 2018
Those are all temporary "solutions" to the problem itself - consciousness.

Altered states of consciousness are just temporary.
It fades and you're back to the prison of your own mind.