• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

N

nobody11

Jan 30, 2024
Is there anyone who works in suicide hot lines? What are your secrets that you would reveal to us?

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi and dysthymia
the_path_of_sorrows

the_path_of_sorrows

Different routes, same destination
Nov 26, 2023
I've had been working in the past. The thing is, had to quit because we had to say the exact learned lines and every single word had to be recorded. I don't wanna lie, I wanna give honest answers. You must be a prolifer to work there.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: Geengezondementalit, Peerless_Cucumber, hibikikyuxx and 8 others
stilhavinightmares

stilhavinightmares

Warlock
Oct 13, 2022
I did for a while. Not really any secrets and I'm not positive what you're asking, but we would try our best to track you down if we thought you were at imminent risk of killing yourself. We would try to lightly probe to get any information about your safety or whereabouts if that was the case. Conversations could be extremely long sometimes. I feel like we rarely had to do that though.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: barkbark, Adûnâi and rozeske
mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
I did in the past as well as in bereavement counseling.
No major secrets apart from offering support. I know my words may have stopped some people and there are those that even with support are hell bent on CTB. You've lost them then.

I remember ringing one myself in the 90s and being told to have a soak in the bath and a cup of tea.

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: majortom, Geengezondementalit, Adûnâi and 1 other person
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
I remember ringing one myself in the 90s and being told to have a soak in the bath and a cup of tea.
I love this. They deserve an award for this genius idea!

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: Geengezondementalit, DarknessInMe, Adûnâi and 1 other person
Mongoose

Mongoose

Apr 26, 2023
I want the secrets
When you say secrets. Do you mean you want to understand the process and what they say to distressed people? Or do you want secrets that you think they use to trick people when they phone?

Thats a very broad statement with a lot of room for interpretation

N

nobody11

Jan 30, 2024
When you say secrets. Do you mean you want to understand the process and what they say to distressed people? Or do you want secrets that you think they use to trick people when they phone?

Thats a very broad statement with a lot of room for interpretation
+ new methods
+ all above

mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
No new methods. It's either poison or hanging.
I used to ask why they wanted to do it. Get to know the story behind the intended suicide. I'd even tell them what I'd been through why I was still here. Most of the time you get a bit of a script of what to say to people.

ChildrensITV

ChildrensITV

Arcanist
Mar 14, 2023
I did in the past as well as in bereavement counseling.
No major secrets apart from offering support. I know my words may have stopped some people and there are those that even with support are hell bent on CTB. You've lost them then.

Oh that will help your depression! Water! Nice. :meh:

And what's the cure for anxiety? Wind?

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: Geengezondementalit, DarknessInMe and conflagration
mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
Oh that will help your depression! Water! Nice. :meh:

And what's the cure for anxiety? Wind?
I know. I'll drown myself with my fancy bath gel!
Anxiety is deep breaths and write down what makes you anxious and repeat.

ChildrensITV

ChildrensITV

Arcanist
Mar 14, 2023
I know. I'll drown myself with my fancy bath gel!
Anxiety is deep breaths and write down what makes you anxious and repeat.

This is why they're prolifers! Cuz they think breathing, bathing and writing can cure what makes you suicidal. These people are so ignorant.

• Love
Reactions: CrystallicEyes, Peerless_Cucumber and divinemistress36
mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
This is why they're prolifers! Cuz they think breathing, bathing and writing can cure what makes you suicidal. These people are so ignorant.
This is going back several years, they may have improved. But, going on statistics, suicide is on the up.

Skallagrim

Skallagrim

Apr 14, 2022
I used to ask why they wanted to do it. Get to know the story behind the intended suicide. I'd even tell them what I'd been through why I was still here. Most of the time you get a bit of a script of what to say to people.
When I used a service once the person on the other end was extremely unresponsive, seemed to go to great effort to avoid engaging, and I felt like they were desperate to get me off the phone as fast as possible.

I called while in the middle of a panic attack though, not a depressive episode (the depressive episode came about as a result of feeling worthless after that call).

I had since read they are trained to avoid engaging with a caller, is that true?

luneylonegirl

luneylonegirl

Lonely betrayed girl ready to die
Jan 31, 2024
My country doesn't even have suicide hotlines 💀

luneylonegirl

luneylonegirl

Lonely betrayed girl ready to die
Jan 31, 2024
There might be...I was quite shocked to see a suicide holine for my area popup on google when I was searching for methods.
No, there's not haha. I already trying to dial the number that supposed to be the suicide hotline number in my country and …. Got no answer. There is some suicide hotline chat (that always offline) and support buddy by a community, but it reply me in 2 weeks lol.

• Wow
Reactions: rozeske
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
No, there's not haha. I already trying to dial the number that supposed to be the suicide hotline number in my country and …. Got no answer. There is some suicide hotline chat (that always offline) and support buddy by a community, but it reply me in 2 weeks lol.
Wow! That really sucks, not that it would be of much help but still.....the number that shows up on mine might not work as well but I never dared to try it incase they tracked me.

wisp

wisp

Oct 19, 2023
Where I live, if you try to kill yourself or intend to do so, they throw you in a psychiatric prison tied to the bed while they prick you everywhere with sedative drugs that stun you. Not much has changed since the old mental hospitals, so I would never make a call where even the intention of wanting to commit suicide could be expressed.

Reactions: Peerless_Cucumber
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
I don't, but a friend of my husband once did, and her story is so amusing that it's worth telling here. One day she got a call from someone who was hallucinating, and seeing snakes. She quit the job there and then, and never went back. She had such a terrible phobia about snakes that she just couldn't cope. Evidently those people have their problems too!

• Love
Reactions: Geengezondementalit
B

barkbark

Jan 22, 2024
When I used a service once the person on the other end was extremely unresponsive, seemed to go to great effort to avoid engaging, and I felt like they were desperate to get me off the phone as fast as possible.

I called while in the middle of a panic attack though, not a depressive episode (the depressive episode came about as a result of feeling worthless after that call).
i did the same and i was 99% convinced it was an ai / chatgpt. they'd forget things i told them in literally the previous message, would word things in a human but like uncannily inhuman way if that makes sense. i did some reading and apparently they have started looking into using it, so. it's either ai or someone REALLY heavily reading off a script. that fucked me up worse than if i just hadn't contacted the line in the first place, not only because the topic of ai is incredibly frustrating as i am an artist but also because if you can't even be bothered to listen, why should i be bothered to talk?

• Love
Reactions: Skallagrim, kawaiiphantom and Geengezondementalit
exiled

exiled

i gave so many signs
Jun 17, 2023
I was doing the crisis text line for a while (in the USA). The training requires you to be somewhat robotic, but I broke out of that with the acceptance that I could be "let go." I often went against what I was taught. People appreciated that because they felt as if they weren't talking to a machine. It was extremely emotionally taxing and I needed to take a break from it. If I were to pick it up again, I would continue to push against all the things I was taught as a volunteer. My goal was never to simply talk someone off the ledge or tell them not to do it. What I hoped to accomplish through it was providing safety and understanding. I wanted people to feel like they could bring their dirty, raw, real trauma to the table and just be heard. I didn't tell them suicide wasn't the answer. I told them their feelings were valid, and that it truly is okay to be expressive of them.

• Love
Reactions: Geengezondementalit
Geengezondementalit

Geengezondementalit

Jan 29, 2024
did you knit that cute frog yourself?