• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Please tell that there is somebody like that here.. somebody like me. Somebody who never ever made a friend or acquaintance and yet still trying to make a friend or acquaintance. Somebody who didn't make one yet despite being in school, high school etc. I've searched all of reddit and youtube to find somebody like this because I assumed that, since there were so many humans alive, I would find somebody who suffered with this the same way I did.

But I found nothing. I only found those who suffer from making friends as an adult but these people have had friends during their childhood. I'm looking for somebody who never made a friend during the *entirety* of their life. I just want to relate to someone.. to truly see that I'm not alone in my suffering. somebody who is suicidal because they never made a friend or acquaintance in their whole life

Please I'm going insane here. I seriously can't be the only one.. can I?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: loser098, LittleBlackCat, tiger b and 2 others
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
I've always struggled with social anxiety, I was an outgoing person as a child despite having some minor social anxiety but I was just never capable of starting a friendship let alone maintaining one to my best ability... I tried a lot but later I just lost hope, like everything in life.

I even developed selective mutism at some point in my life, which arguably made it harder to befriend someone by tenfold… And quite frankly, I don't mind it that much and I do believe I am perfectly fine as a solitary person but that's maybe my mind playing tricks on me because according to psychology, humans need companionship..

And I don't think someone who runs away from social interactions as soon as possible would be someone fit for socialization… 😂

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Ferret77, tiger b and Praestat_Mori
loser098

loser098

Nov 16, 2023
You're not alone; I've lived for over two decades now without making a friend or acquaintance. Surely, being a hermit with overly-niche interests hasn't helped.

About a year or two ago, I actually began seeking out online friendships, but it was a waste of time.

It doesn't make me suicidal since I don't even like talking much, and having a friend would be a commitment, I imagine. I prefer being in my mind and zoning out, only talking when a family member asks a question or when I have to step outside my room for once and reluctantly initiate a half-assed conversation, so as not to make my parents think I'm socially maladapted.

I often see self-identified loners maintaining robust online lives and I just don't get how they do it.

Regarding your quest to find folks who can relate, you won't find many online. There're few individuals like you and me who openly share or complain about it; it's just a fact of life. My online presence is almost nonexistent, and you would never find me recording a video for YouTube because my level of inhibition is high.

Reactions: Ah.ow
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I've always struggled with social anxiety, I was an outgoing person as a child despite having some minor social anxiety but I was just never capable of starting a friendship let alone maintaining one to my best ability... I tried a lot but later I just lost hope, like everything in life.

I even developed selective mutism at some point in my life, which arguably made it harder to befriend someone by tenfold… And quite frankly, I don't mind it that much and I do believe I am perfectly fine as a solitary person but that's maybe my mind playing tricks on me because according to psychology, humans need companionship..
I think it's possible that your mind isn't playing tricks on you and that you may actually simply like, or not hate, being alone which is valid. The "humans need companionship" statement is based off the general trend and not every single human that exists. Some people genuinely do like or prefer being completely solitary which most people can't understand as, once again, the majority do prefer companionship and they assume that everybody is identical, or not too different to them, because.. I honestly don't even know why.
And I don't think someone who runs away from social interactions as soon as possible would be someone fit for socialization… 😂
I don't even get into social interactions in the first place though I'd run away if I ever did get into one. I have no idea how I'm still alive.
You're not alone; I've lived for over two decades now without making a friend or acquaintance. Surely, being a hermit with overly-niche interests hasn't helped.

About a year or two ago, I actually began seeking out online friendships, but it was a waste of time.

It doesn't make me suicidal since I don't even like talking much, and having a friend would be a commitment, I imagine. I prefer being in my mind and zoning out, only talking when a family member asks a question or when I have to step outside my room for once and reluctantly initiate a half-assed conversation, so as not to make my parents think I'm socially maladapted.
I see. I feel like I would also prefer being alone had I actually had a friend as, like you said, it would be a commitment but, for now, I wish I had one. Also, I'm not suicidal by that too as ignorance is bliss and I don't know anything about friendships other than that it makes people have fun at school or university and that friendships are beneficial as you have people to rely on for various things in life. But damn did I wish to find somebody who I could relate to as to say that it's completely painless for me is just a lie
I often see self-identified loners maintaining robust online lives and I just don't get how they do it.
Me neither
Regarding your quest to find folks who can relate, you won't find many online. There're few individuals like you and me who openly share or complain about it; it's just a fact of life. My online presence is almost nonexistent, and you would never find me recording a video for YouTube because my level of inhibition is high.
I see. That makes sense actually. Those with the unique stories like these are unlikely to document it anywhere. Not to mention at how there's most likely some selection bias going on here. Those who never made a friend in their life are either dead due to the pain it gives them or they're enjoying life as they like being alone and got no need to be online and share that or they're simply too asocial to be online in the first place. All of which are valid.

As for my quest to find somebody to relate to, I'd say that my quest has now ended. Thank you