• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

J

justwannadie

May 20, 2018
I've read many articles of people surviving after jumping from 10+ stories because they landed on their feet, the hood of a car, or grass, snow, or mud. Is it possible to survive if you fall on concrete? Will you still die if you don't land on your head, but your chest or abdomen or back? I know can't 100% control how I land, so I want to be sure there's no way I can survive.

Reactions: dano6533, Lastdays and Cyanide
El Topo

El Topo

(---)
Apr 21, 2018
Nothing is guaranteed, so it may be possible. But the chances seem extremely small.

Reactions: puppy9, dano6533, FakeNews and 2 others
L

Livide Lamb

Apr 17, 2018
My opinion is that if you land on your head you will obviously die and death will be immediate, so no pain. Maybe if you land on your abdomen or back pain will set in for some seconds (then death) but my guess would be, like El Topo said, that the chance for you to get alive at that height are really small.

Reactions: sif, dano6533, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
chronicpainnomore

chronicpainnomore

Not Circling the Drain Anymore
May 31, 2018
damn, i always thought head-first was the way to go? this is more complex than i thought
Head first would be best, but learning how to fall head-first is one of the hardest skills to learn in skydiving. It would be really easy to mess up while trying to go head first and land on your butt or feet or something. This is especially true for a leap off a building, where you are building toward terminal velocity; control is harder.

Reactions: appalachian moon, Paisley, Salvacion and 4 others
J

justwannadie

May 20, 2018
Head first would be best, but learning how to fall head-first is one of the hardest skills to learn in skydiving. It would be really easy to mess up while trying to go head first and land on your butt or feet or something. This is especially true for a leap off a building, where you are building toward terminal velocity; control is harder.
http://www.dropzone.com/safety/Lear...ndbook_-_Chapter_3_Flying_Your_Body__796.html
I find it a little funny that I'm looking up skydiving guides in order to commit suicide, but I found this guide with instructions on how to position yourself to go headfirst. Not sure how accurate it is, but you're the one with experience. It says bringing your arms back a few inches (slightly holding them to your sides, I imagine) and extending your legs will help. I don't know if this will work.
7144-large_bryan3_6.gif

Hope this just doesn't make me backslide. Obviously, mid free-fall, it'll be too late. Anyway, I read your story too @chronicpainnomore and I'm so sorry. I have a chronic illness too and it's the only reason I want to go. But there's no cure for my condition. It's so sad that there's at least a treatment to ease your pain, and doctors haven't helped you. Especially since you're a veteran. You don't deserve this at all. I hope someone helps you before it's too late.

Reactions: appalachian moon, Salvacion, lady_godiva and 3 others
chronicpainnomore

chronicpainnomore

May 31, 2018
http://www.dropzone.com/safety/Lear...ndbook_-_Chapter_3_Flying_Your_Body__796.html
I find it a little funny that I'm looking up skydiving guides in order to commit suicide, but I found this guide with instructions on how to position yourself to go headfirst. Not sure how accurate it is, but you're the one with experience. It says bringing your arms back a few inches (slightly holding them to your sides, I imagine) and extending your legs will help. I don't know if this will work.
7144-large_bryan3_6.gif

Hope this just doesn't make me backslide. Obviously, mid free-fall, it'll be too late. Anyway, I read your story too @chronicpainnomore and I'm so sorry. I have a chronic illness too and it's the only reason I want to go. But there's no cure for my condition. It's so sad that there's at least a treatment to ease your pain, and doctors haven't helped you. Especially since you're a veteran. You don't deserve this at all. I hope someone helps you before it's too late.
That's called tracking, and it's pretty much a modification of the position I mentioned (called box-man) and it causes forward lateral movement. It's definitely only useful at terminal velocity, it's very iffy if there will be enough airspeed to make the head go lower than the feet at sub-terminal velocity.

Reactions: Paisley, dano6533, Lastdays and 1 other person
J

justwannadie

May 20, 2018
That's called tracking, and it's pretty much a modification of the position I mentioned (called box-man) and it causes forward lateral movement. It's definitely only useful at terminal velocity, it's very iffy if there will be enough airspeed to make the head go lower than the feet at sub-terminal velocity.
Yeah, I thought so :/ Not as useful outside of terminal velocity. Wish this was easier.

Reactions: dano6533, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and chronicpainnomore
blackbile

blackbile

Jun 7, 2018
You have to make sure you land on your head, otherwise survival is more likely. Maybe less likely the higher you go...but still. I knew a guy who jumped from 9 stories up and survived, he's paralyzed now. I hate the thought of a failed suicide leaving you handicapped forever...never wanted to jump from high up for that reason. It's hard to control your body in just the right way to do the job.

Reactions: dano6533, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Tiburcio
chronicpainnomore

chronicpainnomore

May 31, 2018
You know, if jumping's your thing, and you have some spare cash, take skydiving lessons! If you want to CTB, just take your rig off in freefall (they have automatic deployment devices these days, so it's not enough to just "not pull") and if not, you've learned an awesome new hobby. It really is something to consider. The changes in mood I experienced were incredible. I was on top of the world when I was jumping. If I wasn't messed up now, I'd still be doing it.

Reactions: appalachian moon, Paisley, dano6533 and 1 other person
J

justwannadie

May 20, 2018
You have to make sure you land on your head, otherwise survival is more likely. Maybe less likely the higher you go...but still. I knew a guy who jumped from 9 stories up and survived, he's paralyzed now. I hate the thought of a failed suicide leaving you handicapped forever...never wanted to jump from high up for that reason. It's hard to control your body in just the right way to do the job.
Yeah, paralysis is my worst fear. That would be terrible. Headfirst is a guaranteed death but if I screw it up just slightly in the air, I flip around and land on my back or legs. It's easy to control your position when you're diving into a pool, but this is a 2-3 second fall. Things can change so quickly. I could use as many suggestions as possible from everyone.

Reactions: appalachian moon, Salvacion, dano6533 and 2 others
R

ron_g

Experienced
Nov 25, 2018
I thought this is an interesting thread. Any other opinions about comment #4?

J

jake3d

Enlightened
May 29, 2019
9 stories can be survived (with major damage). Anything higher than 10 is pretty much guaranteed to kill you if you land onto a hard surface such as pavement. But it will likely hurt like hell before you die.