• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Oguzok

Oguzok

forever young...i want to be forever young
Nov 24, 2023
This is probably not okay at all, but which of us here is okay. I already feel suicidal, but it seems like it's not enough, I would like to know how to stop being afraid, maybe some mantras that I should repeat to myself over and over again. I just want to be truly ready...

• Hugs
Reactions: SMmetalhead36 and annxietty
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I don't believe death should be feared especially as we are all just going to die anyway, we are destined for nothing but to die, in fact I see existence as nothing more than process of just waiting to die, we are all just slowly dying. And I personally see death as the only comfort as I believe it to be nothing more than an eternal, dreamless sleep where all is finally forgotten about. In fact I'd always prefer for this existence to disappear into nothingness, only non-existence is ideal to me.

Reactions: Fractal, Umacon, borderlinee and 3 others
Upvote 0
letsgetittogo

letsgetittogo

Barbiturate Summer :p
Nov 11, 2023
Stop thinking of it
This is so funny and so simple yet so true. Just don't overthink it. We have no idea what truly comes after death, it's all about being asking yourself "does whatever lies beyond death seem more worthwhile than my current existence?" I feel that for most of us, the answer is "yes". I'm personally ready to take that risk.

whether it's reincarnation, heaven or non-existence, they all seem like a better alternative than my current life :)

• Love
Reactions: rozeske, Chronicoverwhelm, bipolar22 and 1 other person
Upvote 0
annxietty

annxietty

“Is there no way out of the mind?”
Mar 27, 2023
Stop thinking about it seems a good plan but really hard to put in practice specially since we all here think about dying daily, fearing death is normal, like a previous comment said you have to think if whatever death brings you is better than whatever your life is, do you have hope? do you hope life gets better? If you still think life is worth living you will never stop fearing death, if you think life is worthless then you will be afraid of death but you will compare it with your life and realize quickly that death is a better state than living. I dont really think there is a good tip to stop being afraid of death, its a fight we have to fight by ourselves...

Reactions: Guy Smiley
Upvote 0
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
read journey of the souls by michael newton. It kind of comforted me a little bit

Upvote 0
L

lebrodude

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2022
What works for me is reminding myself death is inevitable.

I'll take a walk on a busy street and realise that myself and everyone I see are going to die, there's no escaping it.

I don't really fear death as much as I fear the dying process, I can just hope that's quick.

Reactions: Fractal, pthnrdnojvsc, Joarga and 1 other person
Upvote 0
M

Mortelles

Feb 3, 2024
Think of the peace that comes with it. A long nap perhaps. If you're scared of death which most of us are it means that you're not ready. Which is fine some of us will never be ready.

Upvote 0
dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
Everybody is afraid of it. It's hardcoded in us. It's a fear to overcome. As @lebrodude said it is inevitable, the question is how long do you want to wait? Unfortunately, the only answer is "just don't be afraid." The only way I can think of is to measure out the pros and cons of living. I've personally got a lot of cons and very few pros yet am still here. I fear what's going to come after, I fear the actual process of death.

In the times that I was able to try I felt so miserable, and knew that my misery was going to continue until I was old. It made the thought of death relieving instead of scary. Not relieving enough though as I'm still here.

Reactions: Chronicoverwhelm and Guy Smiley
Upvote 0
T

the old man

Dec 23, 2023
When you fall asleep at night you don't know your asleep, sure other people can see your sleeping but you don't know it yourself. To me dieing is just the same you don't know your dead, you just fall asleep never to wake up again unless as some believe there is an afterlife of some sort but only those that have died will ever know.

Upvote 0
Guy Smiley

Guy Smiley

Just another lost soul
Jan 4, 2024
If you're scared of death which most of us are it means that you're not ready. Which is fine some of us will never be ready.

I really don't think that's always the case. I think many people who kill themselves (or attempt to) were afraid of death when they did it. It's just a matter of a person's pain and suffering becoming a stronger motivation to end their life than fear of death is to keep living.

Reactions: InAgony, Joarga, Aim and 1 other person
Upvote 0
S

SMmetalhead36

Ready to have my forever date with suicide
Oct 6, 2023
I agree with funeral cry.

Upvote 0
mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
This is so funny and so simple yet so true. Just don't overthink it. We have no idea what truly comes after death, it's all about being asking yourself "does whatever lies beyond death seem more worthwhile than my current existence?" I feel that for most of us, the answer is "yes". I'm personally ready to take that risk.

whether it's reincarnation, heaven or non-existence, they all seem like a better alternative than my current life :)
It seems to work for me

Upvote 0

4g1vvvven

🔍 Looking for the nicest exit 🚪
Feb 14, 2023
It's not death but dying that frightens me
Death sounds great

Reactions: Fractal, TiredOfAllThis and pthnrdnojvsc
Upvote 0
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
I guess you never really stop being afraid. The mind is usually not too excited about the unknown. It all comes down to how much you are done with this life and how much you are desperate enough to attempt and face whatever awaits after death.

Reactions: Fractal
Upvote 0
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
-It's going to happen one way or another and, there's nothing you can do to stop it ultimately.

-Billions of people. Hundreds of billions of creatures have already gone through it. Your ancestors have all done it. When the time comes, you'll likely be alone but it won't be something that no one else has had to face. If they can do it, so can we.

-Hopefully, it will be quick!

- Sometimes, the fear of something is much worse than experiencing the thing itself. Have there been events in life you have built up a dread for? Then, the moment comes and you cope better than you thought you would? Maybe, hopefully death will be like that. Part of the fear is surely because it's the unknown. When we start to experience it, it won't be unknown anymore. Ever been in terrible pain before? You fear how you would cope with terrible pain when you think about it. When you experience it, you simply don't get the choice but to either put up with it, take strong pain killers or, call for an ambulance. Experiencing something is different to thinking about it. Let's just hope the experience is more peaceful than some of our worst fears.

Probably depends what it is you're afraid of though... Death, pain, judgement, afterlife?

Upvote 0

26mmmm

Experienced
Feb 12, 2024
This is probably not okay at all, but which of us here is okay. I already feel suicidal, but it seems like it's not enough, I would like to know how to stop being afraid, maybe some mantras that I should repeat to myself over and over again. I just want to be truly ready...
Maybe you are not too far gone, once you get to the point where death is your only route towards happiness and peace you will not fear it as much.
As for fearing the actual process of death, look for a less gruesome and painful way to go, there are probably enough methods out there.

Upvote 0
E

eashanm

Master
Feb 22, 2023
- Look at nature, how effortlessly creatures expire. At our monastery when the cats or cows near their end, they simply stop eating, lie down under a tree in the pasture and release the body.

- Stoics and yogis both say that to overcome the fear of death one must think of it constantly in the proper manner. Daily meditation involves withdrawing consciousness from the body–a preview of death. By practising meditation we are inoculating ourselves with a minute dose of daily death and thereby developing some control over the dying process.

Here's a few quotes on Death:

Quotes:
It hath often been said, that it is not death, but dying, which is terrible. — Henry Fielding

To die completely, a person must not only forget, but be forgotten, and he who is not forgotten is not dead. — Samuel Butler

Death is the supreme festival on the road to freedom. — Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Man is the only animal that contemplates death, and also the only animal that shows any sign of doubt of its finality. — W. E. Hocking

After your death, you'll be what you were before your death. - Arthur Schopenhauer

A first sign of the beginning of understanding is the wish to die. - Franz Kafka

-It's going to happen one way or another and, there's nothing you can do to stop it ultimately.

-Billions of people. Hundreds of billions of creatures have already gone through it. Your ancestors have all done it. When the time comes, you'll likely be alone but it won't be something that no one else has had to face. If they can do it, so can we.

-Hopefully, it will be quick!

- Sometimes, the fear of something is much worse than experiencing the thing itself. Have there been events in life you have built up a dread for? Then, the moment comes and you cope better than you thought you would? Maybe, hopefully death will be like that. Part of the fear is surely because it's the unknown. When we start to experience it, it won't be unknown anymore. Ever been in terrible pain before? You fear how you would cope with terrible pain when you think about it. When you experience it, you simply don't get the choice but to either put up with it, take strong pain killers or, call for an ambulance. Experiencing something is different to thinking about it. Let's just hope the experience is more peaceful than some of our worst fears.

Probably depends what it is you're afraid of though... Death, pain, judgement, afterlife?

The issue is that even after billions of people have died, there has been little progress or education on Death. As it was written in the Mahabharata. It's still a taboo. Honestly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
WiltedGirl

WiltedGirl

Jan 9, 2024
I will die black out drunk. I sometimes randomly remember the concept of death and feel extreme anxiety, even if I have suicidal idealization.

Upvote 0
PoorYorick

PoorYorick

Jan 4, 2024
Since all is in your head, all is in what you believe in. I believe there is no good god that wants us to be saved. Probably there is some kind of creator, but they don't give a damn about individuals. When you die, all is gone. So what to be afraid of? Falling in an eternal sleep?

You don't belive me? Start to. Try to join this thinking. Force yourself. Maybe kind of support group would help, something like church.

If you strongly believe in something, try to find sources to contradict it. Talk to someone, who can persuade it.

Makes sense?

Upvote 0