coolgal82

coolgal82

she/her, terminally silly :3
Sep 10, 2024
I havent seen any discussion of this so i thought i'd ask if anyone had any answers.

Also bonus question, when you prepare the drink how long after that do you have to finish it?

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov and nihilistic_dragon
thenorthern

thenorthern

Sep 19, 2024
I tasted a tiny amount, it seems as though it will just be a very salty solution. Not much you can do, maybe a hard candy in your mouth.

lilac-moonbeam

lilac-moonbeam

it/she
Jul 16, 2024
From what I know, the key is to have as little as you can in your system food-wise to prevent the risk of vomiting. I don't know if masking the taste is something many people have experimented with or what would be best.
With SN basically being curing salt, it would just be like the taste of swallowing a bunch of salt at once.
If that seems too overwhelming of a taste, you could try using a straw to drink it.

You could also hypothetically take benzocaine to numb the feeling in your mouth / taste buds. Using mouthwash prior to using it could also potentially help. I don't know if using something like a flavor mixture / hydration booster you would put in water would have any effect on the SN's reliability or effects.
This is all just speculation on my part.

• Love
Reactions: thenorthern
RoseGarden

RoseGarden

Alone & Unloved
Apr 10, 2024
I taste tested mine prior to chickening out and it just tastes like very salty water. About as salty as the ocean, but without any fishiness.

Reactions: DeusVult
nihilistic_dragon

nihilistic_dragon

Dead already. Just need to dispose of my body now.
Aug 6, 2024
From reading many SN posts on this forum, I know some people used gum or candy. I am thinking you can maybe also rinse your mouth with mouthwash after drinking? SN is my backup method so I would also like to know the best way. I hate salt and am quite apprehensive I won't be able to gulp it down.

sevennn

sevennn

Experienced
Sep 11, 2024
why mask taste when it might go back out the mouth. still taste it anyway. maybe hard candy. ok to swallow saliva. it's not food. so think ok

coolgal82

coolgal82

she/her, terminally silly :3
Sep 10, 2024
why mask taste when it might go back out the mouth. still taste it anyway. maybe hard candy. ok to swallow saliva. it's not food. so think ok
wdym? because if it tastes bad im more likely to throw it up

J

justpathetic

Pathetic
Sep 15, 2024
Sweet balances salty so anything sweet should help with the taste. Maybe sip a sweet drink after? I'm not sure.