I

ifeelsobad

Experienced
Aug 23, 2022
All the ones I have been to are horrible. Are there any actually good ones in the us Especially around new york area

gonnaregretthis

gonnaregretthis

Oct 2, 2023
All the ones I have been to are horrible. Are there any actually good ones in the us Especially around new york area
Sort answer is no. Long answer is... well I don't wanna reveal a lot of personal info so DM me if you want.

Long answer made short: Some places are "nice" but not actually good to you and they get worse by the second. The psychiatric system is meant to subdue, not heal.

Reactions: Action
Akanea

Akanea

Student
May 24, 2023
Issue is hospitals are oversaturated, underfunded and medical personnels are overworked, underpaid. But somehow they is never enough money for hospitals and they are closing beds and entire departments because of lack of personnel and funding (there is always money for war though). I know a nurse that worked in an hospital and that was just brutal how much work she had to do. So you're treated by a nurse that might be at the end of a 14h shift, still 10 patients to see, she can't be efficient because there is only one -whatever medical machine- in the department because no money and she has to take a shit for like 2 h but if she does another nurse might take the medical device and she'll go home later…

colormesuprised

colormesuprised

Aug 19, 2023
Short answer: no
Long answer: no.. but it depends where you live, it can be worse depending on how mental health is viewed in that country.
When I was in the hospital, my roommate was 26 and I was 26, nextdoor a grandma was 80. There were so many of us there it was like a prison. All in for different things, it was terrifying. All we did was lay in bed and time would pass and they would give you food and pills. One of the worst experiences in my life.