thatguyakira123

thatguyakira123

Experienced
Apr 10, 2018
If you've followed my posts in the Random Thoughts thread then you know due to my anxiety disorder I have trouble sleeping. Tried all the basic things. No caffine before 3pm, taking amytripline, taking lexotan, making sure I don't see light or hear sounds. But alass I have nights like tonight where I only get 2 hours sleep and wake up energized. Is there a way for me to knock myself unconcious using a hammer or some other method so that I can sleep?

• Aww..
Reactions: narval
eguiö

eguiö

Dec 16, 2021
You would be unconscious for a few seconds and then wake up with a giant headache. I would try more sleep inducing medications, benzos or even quetiapine.

Reactions: thatguyakira123
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
olanzapine 10mg will knock you out for 18 hours at least it does me it's a really strong sedative but its a antipsychotic to treat schizophrenia
amytripline is weak compared to olanzapine, two amytripline 5mg will put me to sleep for 1 hour if i'm lucky

• Love
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
There are the Z-medications. Like zopiclone. You could ask your psychiatrist. In a high dosage this forces you to sleep. I read it is nearly impossible not to sleep if you take a high dosage.
But be cautious you can get addicted from it. Be careful. I wish you the best!

thatguyakira123

thatguyakira123

Experienced
Apr 10, 2018
Thanks for the suggestions. I'd definately check them out and see what could work best for me.

thatguyakira123

thatguyakira123

Experienced
Apr 10, 2018
olanzapine 10mg will knock you out for 18 hours at least it does me it's a really strong sedative but its a antipsychotic to treat schizophrenia
amytripline is weak compared to olanzapine, two amytripline 5mg will put me to sleep for 1 hour if i'm lucky
What side effects have you experianced with Olanzapine, if you don't mind me asking?

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
What side effects have you experianced with Olanzapine, if you don't mind me asking?
drowsiness brain fog confusion, forgetfulness, and a lack of focus and mental clarity and memory problems, not recommended if you've got a day job
Olanzapine blocks serotonin receptors more strongly than dopamine receptors

thatguyakira123

thatguyakira123

Experienced
Apr 10, 2018
Thanks for the info.

Reactions: Darkover
_Seeking

_Seeking

I'm only here for this moment
Dec 16, 2021
You could ask your doctor for Zyrem, it is GHB and comes from a special pharmacy, doctors will prescribe it when nothing else works. I have found that I can't have any caffeine at all, it doesn't matter if it's early in the day, once I gave it up I was able to get more sleep.

S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Try a sleeve (12 capsules) of benadryl. I promise that will black you out for at least 3 hours or so. You won't feel rested. Passing out from drugs has a very different effect from natural sleep.

Reactions: OpheliasFlowers and thatguyakira123
Kristicide

Kristicide

I am a prisoner locked up behind xanax bars
Dec 16, 2021
Ambien, tizanidine, (Imitrex- if it's new for you), xanax (you may get sleepy taking 3-4mg at oncr). Norco, Lortab, Soma, Oxy, Vicodin

thatguyakira123

thatguyakira123

Experienced
Apr 10, 2018
You won't feel rested. Passing out from drugs has a very different effect from natural sleep.
And thats another problem, both Amytripaline abd Lexotanil make me feel sleepy during the day. With me it's less of a sleeping pill I need nad something to shut my brain up. Unfortunately I can't afford to go to a psychiatrist for perscriptions (because even thought health care is free here psychiatrists are private for some reason).

S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
And thats another problem, both Amytripaline abd Lexotanil make me feel sleepy during the day. With me it's less of a sleeping pill I need nad something to shut my brain up. Unfortunately I can't afford to go to a psychiatrist for perscriptions (because even thought health care is free here psychiatrists are private for some reason).
Then just start with 4 benadryl, and take 2 more every 30 mins until you lose consciousness. 4 will probably be enough.

WadeingThru

WadeingThru

Experienced
Feb 25, 2022
If you've followed my posts in the Random Thoughts thread then you know due to my anxiety disorder I have trouble sleeping. Tried all the basic things. No caffine before 3pm, taking amytripline, taking lexotan, making sure I don't see light or hear sounds. But alass I have nights like tonight where I only get 2 hours sleep and wake up energized. Is there a way for me to knock myself unconcious using a hammer or some other method so that I can sleep?
Drink till you pass out.

• Love
thatguyakira123

thatguyakira123

Experienced
Apr 10, 2018
Drink till you pass out.
This is what pisses me off about pro lifers and svaior complexers it's because of them alcohol is expensive and that didn't even put a dent in drinkers. If anything it only made the rich richer.

You can get a pack of 24 benadryl at the dollar store. My method costs 25¢-50¢
My man is thinking smart here

thatguyakira123

thatguyakira123

Experienced
Apr 10, 2018
So it's been 8 nights since I haven't got a good nights sleep. Lastnight I was able to take some Amytripaline to get me to sleep but this also resulted in me being sleepy during the morning and going back to sleep in the morning. Tonight I just slept from 11 to 2am and I am currently wide awake refreshed of which is the wrong time to feel like this.

Just took 2 lexotanil and just waiting for it to work. I just know I'm gonna be forced to sleep in the day again. I don't know why my brain just doesn't shut up and let me sleep at nights and feel refreshed during the day. I literally can not work like this. I have stuff to do in the day and reverse sleeping like this is causeing me to not do these things.

Reactions: whatevs
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
This drug made me feel like I had been beaten in my sleep and I slept at most 9h. Never again.

Ambien worked well for 2 weeks and from then on it did nothing. Sublingual melatonin (dissolvable), helps in my experience. I used Douglas Labs, dunno if that brand is still around.

Reactions: OpheliasFlowers and Darkover
thatguyakira123

thatguyakira123

Experienced
Apr 10, 2018
Melatonin never worked for me. Went to see a doctor about it today. He treated it like it wasn't a big deal until I explained to him how my Anxiety affects me. Then he recommended a Psychiatrist he also wants me to come back to take a blood test. Going to a psychiatrist is pointless cuz I've been through it before and it was a failure, my dad also went to a bunch of psychiatrists at the same place the doctor recommened and they treated him like a lab rat. I don't wan't to suffer the same fate. So my mom and I agreed to continue with the lexotanil for now.

Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
I've been having the same problem. I can fall asleep easily, but these days it is seeming impossible to stay asleep for long enough to feel rested and be able to function during the day. It's a real "quality of life" issue. I'm sorry you're dealing with this, too.

Sunset Limited

Sunset Limited

I believe in Sunset Limited
Jul 29, 2019
Sleep is a whole with a healthy body. Those who have a healthy and happy life usually sleep well. So the main thing to do for a good sleep is to repair your life. This is often not possible. I am in this situation too. I have a sedentary life because I don't work. I have depression. So it would be a miracle if I slept well. Since I couldn't repair my life, I chose symptomatic treatment. Even if it is wrong, there is no other option.

I sleep with 7.5 mg of mirtazapine + 300-500 mcg of melatonin. Sometimes I add 40mg of propranolol. My room is light and soundproof. I wake up 2-3 times. I sleep again most of the time. When I can't sleep, I take an additional 3.5 mg dose of mirtazapine. It is known that sleeping in this way is not equivalent to natural sleep. Still better than little or no sleep. Get well soon.

• Hugs
Reactions: thatguyakira123 and OpheliasFlowers
I

indigomoon

Student
Mar 6, 2022
I know drugs have been mentioned so I won't repeat any of those. I've suffered from insomnia for years. Here are a few things that help me: make sure the room is cool. A warmer room makes it harder for you to fall asleep. No lights, obviously. I try not to look at my phone in bed. I also have a table fan that I run for background noise and air circulation. Just makes it more comfortable for me. These don't work every night but without them things would be worse. Hope maybe one of the things I mentioned will help.

• Hugs
Reactions: thatguyakira123 and OpheliasFlowers
Weebster

Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
Look up a sleep meditation on YouTube

Reactions: OpheliasFlowers
W

WhiteyBulger

Mar 17, 2022
Came here to suggest this.
Isn't quietapine (love the name..so cryptic) a blend of different generics---a sedative, an anti-anxietal, etc.? How does one get this? Does one need to go through other meds fort before doc will prescribe? Or should I chance it and order what is purported to be quietapine (or other PURPORTED) meds though one of those online pharmacies? Are they legit?

I

indigomoon

Student
Mar 6, 2022
Isn't quietapine (love the name..so cryptic) a blend of different generics---a sedative, an anti-anxietal, etc.? How does one get this? Does one need to go through other meds fort before doc will prescribe? Or should I chance it and order what is purported to be quietapine (or other PURPORTED) meds though one of those online pharmacies? Are they legit?
I would be careful ordering quetiapine online. This is a med that can have multiple serious side effects. I took it for the longest time for sleep. But I developed a side effect that caused me to have a problem with the electrical system in my heart. It's called a prolonged QT interval. It has the potential of being deadly. I now have to see a cardiologist every 6 months because of this and have to watch what meds I take in the future because some will make this condition worse. If I was you, I would discuss it with your doctor and see what they say.

Reactions: Sunset Limited
Sunset Limited

Sunset Limited

Jul 29, 2019
Michael Jackson knew the answer to that question. R.I.P.

Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
Sleep is a whole with a healthy body. Those who have a healthy and happy life usually sleep well. So the main thing to do for a good sleep is to repair your life. This is often not possible. I am in this situation too. I have a sedentary life because I don't work. I have depression. So it would be a miracle if I slept well. Since I couldn't repair my life, I chose symptomatic treatment. Even if it is wrong, there is no other option.

I sleep with 7.5 mg of mirtazapine + 300-500 mcg of melatonin. Sometimes I add 40mg of propranolol. My room is light and soundproof. I wake up 2-3 times. I sleep again most of the time. When I can't sleep, I take an additional 3.5 mg dose of mirtazapine. It is known that sleeping in this way is not equivalent to natural sleep. Still better than little or no sleep. Get well soon.

After doing all this, are you awake and functional during daytime hours?

Sunset Limited

Sunset Limited

Jul 29, 2019
After doing all this, are you awake and functional during daytime hours?
90% yes. Insomnia is real nightmare. I can understand why Michael Jackson tried drugs like midazolam, propofol to sleep. On days when I couldn't control my insomnia, I remember only getting 2 hours of sleep in 48 hours. I have never experienced anything more terrifying than this. It was torture that I was constantly conscious of.

Reactions: Cathy Ames