• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Daxter_87

Daxter_87

In great pain. Suicide in progress (hopefully).
May 28, 2023
Firstly, sorry, but don't PM me for sources. It's kind of redundant to say this every time, but I have to, otherwise some people will start PMing me.

Apart from that, as the title suggests, can I permanently delete all my search history on this forum, the store I bought SN from, etc., or is it kind of pointless to bother? By that I mean if the police, or whoever is in charge of investigating my death, has access to all this, no matter what I do. I've already deleted emails and stuff like that, but I wonder if they can retrieve such data if they really want to. I don't care what they think of me, I don't care if they violate my privacy. I couldn't care less, they can do whatever the hell they want. I'm just asking to protect you guys, this website, and the remaining SN sources.

For what it's worth, I now use DuckDuckGo, but I - stupidly - used to browse this site with Chrome before, so there's still a search history there. For some unknown reason, Tor doesn't work on my current phone, or at least it didn't last time I tried.

Darkover

Darkover

Illuminated
Jul 29, 2021
your internet service or mobile network providers keep records of every website you visit, your ISP can still see your browsing history even if you delete it from your device or use incognito mode. Deleting your browsing history only removes it from your device, not from your ISP's records. This applies to both traditional ISPs and mobile data providers

you need to use a virtual private network (vpn) or only tor browser to hide your internet activity

Upvote 0
Daxter_87

Daxter_87

May 28, 2023
your internet service or mobile network providers keep records of every website you visit, your ISP can still see your browsing history even if you delete it from your device or use incognito mode. Deleting your browsing history only removes it from your device, not from your ISP's records. This applies to both traditional ISPs and mobile data providers

you need to use a virtual private network (vpn) or only tor browser to hide your internet activity

So, there's no point in bothering to delete my Chrome search history, etc., because they can find it anyway, right? Unfortunately, Tor doesn't work on my current phone, and I've really tried.

Thanks for your insight, by the way.

Reactions: tbroken
Upvote 0
tbroken

tbroken

Wizard
Feb 22, 2024
So, there's no point in bothering to delete my Chrome search history, etc., because they can find it anyway, right? Unfortunately, Tor doesn't work on my current phone, and I've really tried.

Thanks for your insight, by the way.
Exactly.
And as an ICT Sysadmin, i can tell you that i don't even fully trust VPNs. I use a 'no-logs' one, but you'll never know...

Reactions: Daxter_87
Upvote 0
Daxter_87

Daxter_87

May 28, 2023
Exactly.
And as an ICT Sysadmin, i can tell you that i don't even fully trust VPNs. I use a 'no-logs' one, but you'll never know...

I'll leave it as it is then. One less chore, I suppose... I mean, I would bother cleaning everything if it did any good, because I care, but seeing that it's useless and just adds another complication to my already exploding, overwhelmed head...

• Hugs
Reactions: rozeske
Upvote 0
tbroken

tbroken

Wizard
Feb 22, 2024
I'll leave it as it is then. One less chore, I suppose... I mean, I would bother cleaning everything if it did any good, because I care, but seeing that it's useless and just adds another complication to my already exploding, overwhelmed head...
Using VPN is still a good choice, you find good ones for 2 euros(dollars) a month. Otherwise you can try the combo Open VPN + VPNBook or other similar vpn sites. But you have to study a little bit to configure it.

PS: i use CyberG**** VPN and if i cannot use tor or similar, i just use chrome with a profile that i created using VPN.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Upvote 0
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
I wouldn't worry about it. No one is coming after the site.

Suicide methods can just as easily be found on Wikipedia.

Upvote 0
Unicr0n

Unicr0n

Stuck in a black hole...
Mar 26, 2024
I'd recommend physically destroying your hard drives to make it harder for them to figure it out anyway. They can recover info from a wiped hard drive but not a destroyed one. Subpoenas take a long time and they aren't likely to care that much about where you got your supply from since SN is common.

Upvote 0
vitbar

vitbar

Escaped Lunatic
Jun 4, 2023
Google don't, or claim not to, store your complete search history. By default it is 18 months. Depending on country the same applies to your ISP. In the UK it is 12 months.

Upvote 0
MyTimeIsUp

MyTimeIsUp

I often wonder if there is an afterlife, do you?
Feb 27, 2024
What about if you reset your phone (or whatever device you're using), then give it to a homeless person or something? Can't be traced then. Or chucked it in the river. I've thought about doing this

Upvote 0
Daxter_87

Daxter_87

May 28, 2023
Using VPN is still a good choice, you find good ones for 2 euros(dollars) a month. Otherwise you can try the combo Open VPN + VPNBook or other similar vpn sites. But you have to study a little bit to configure it.

PS: i use CyberG**** VPN and if i cannot use tor or similar, i just use chrome with a profile that i created using VPN.

Thanks for your suggestion. It's valuable information, and I hope other users will find it useful, but unfortunately, I have neither the means to rent a VPN myself, as I live with my parents, nor the brain capacity to study anything. It's not that I'm intellectually disabled or anything, because I'm not, and it would be unethical of me to say otherwise, but I have great difficulty just eating a meal, for example. That speaks for itself...

After some thought, I think I'll end up deleting everything I can, because even if it's useless, it can't hurt to do it.

I wouldn't worry about it. No one is coming after the site.

Suicide methods can just as easily be found on Wikipedia.

Well, I think we disagree on that. The media, the judiciary in some countries, like Italy, parents who have lost their children, the pro-lifers in general, are all against this site, and they surely want to shut it down for good. My family will probably be no different if they find out I was on this forum; who knows, they might even actively campaign against it...

Similarly, in the case of SN, it's not just about the method itself, which it is, because they're restricting access to it, but also about the few specific remaining sources that sell to private individuals, no business licence or anything like that required. What I don't want them to discover is where I bought it from, lest they try to shut it down too. This kind of information is not on Wikipedia, as far as I know.

I'd recommend physically destroying your hard drives to make it harder for them to figure it out anyway. They can recover info from a wiped hard drive but not a destroyed one. Subpoenas take a long time and they aren't likely to care that much about where you got your supply from since SN is common.

I use a mobile phone, so I don't think there's a hard drive to destroy, but I don't know much about that. And the only laptop I have is already pretty much annihilated; you'd think it had survived a war or something. Fortunately, I haven't used it to browse this forum or anything like it.

I just hope you're right about them not caring where I bought SN from.

Google don't, or claim not to, store your complete search history. By default it is 18 months. Depending on country the same applies to your ISP. In the UK it is 12 months.

I hope this is true. I'll probably clear all my data in both Google Chrome and DuckDuckGo before I leave, and hope for the best. Not that I have many other options, honestly.

What about if you reset your phone (or whatever device you're using), then give it to a homeless person or something? Can't be traced then. Or chucked it in the river. I've thought about doing this

It's a smart idea and a nice gesture to give away what you don't need and want to get rid of before you leave. But I don't think it's realistic in my situation, and I don't know any homeless people where I live. I'm not saying there aren't any, because there may well be, but I'm such a shut-in that I don't even know my own town or its people. The same goes for rivers, because I don't think there are any close by, at least not close enough for me to walk to. I'm really a shut-in.

All in all, I'm really grateful for all your suggestions, but I think I'll stick with what I said above - delete everything on a superficial level and hope for the best. I hope I don't come across as a jerk, in the sense that I'm asking others for advice only to do what I have in mind. I just don't think I have many options in my situation; a lousy situation. I suck ass at everything, and I'm very dysfunctional. If I succeed at CTBing - and I damn well hope I do and will do everything in my power to achieve it - that's a feat in itself. Or a miracle.

• Love
Reactions: Unicr0n
Upvote 0
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
You are of course always advised to do what you feel is best. I'm just saying I wouldn't lose too much sleep over this site.

We are protected by the US' first amendment, the site isn't going anywhere.

Upvote 0