aspx

aspx

Mar 25, 2019
I've been thinking about this for a while now. The main reason why I didn't kill myself yet (and I believe most people here) is because we don't want to cause any more emotional pain to anyone else.
I've come up with only one idea so far: being admitted to a psych ward/hospital for an indefinite period of time, that would include being a vegetable. That way, people would be just sad instead of extremely sad (lol).
I was also thinking about death by natural causes and/or someone killing you, that'd be dying but no one would know that you intended to die, hence minimizing the emotional pain to others.

Does anyone here have any ideas? Thanks.

Reactions: Superfluous, DeepMind, dandan and 5 others
M

Marawa

HereButNot
Dec 30, 2018
I don't have any good ideas but I"ve been trying the same thing myself.
Do you have any pre existing conditions like high blood pressure you could stop medication? Do you have any mobility issues that might make a fall seem intentional? Vision problems?
I'm looking for an "accident" to but it's not out of love. I just don't want the bastards to grind me down * and feel they've won.

Reactions: NearlyIrrelevantCake, Superfluous, Redt2go and 2 others
aspx

aspx

Mar 25, 2019
The only thing I might have is psychosis. I could make it worse by using some drug, but I wouldn't do it.
If you're looking for an accident, maybe drinking a lot of alcohol and walking on some busy street waiting for some car to hit you. I don't know if that would work tho.

It's funny how a lot of people that don't want to die end up dying unintentionally and here we are, looking for a some way to do it.

Reactions: NearlyIrrelevantCake, HellinHeaven, Superfluous and 4 others
enzyetee

enzyetee

Mar 21, 2019
Well you could go to the slums and wear jewelries so they would rob you then you fight back then they'll kill you... Well that's my country...

Reactions: aspx
Redrock

Redrock

Student
Mar 5, 2019
If you don't want to wait until everyone dies around you, you have to be a little selfish

Reactions: NearlyIrrelevantCake, Superfluous, Pickles79 and 9 others
alizee

alizee

Arcanist
Jul 22, 2018
I guess you could leave your family and make them hate you beforehand. You tell them you're breaking contact and then after an extended time you act on suicide. Basically you love them so much to become the hated person and so they don't think about you. You also have to make sure they will never be notified of your suicide.

In all honesty you should care more about yourself if you suffer so much for suicide.

Reactions: Superfluous, crea_the_hopeless, aspx and 1 other person
aspx

aspx

Mar 25, 2019
Well you could go to the slums and wear jewelries so they would rob you then you fight back then they'll kill you... Well that's my country...
That's my plan, lol. If someone tries to rob me on a normal day, I will fight back.

If you don't want to wait until everyone dies around you
That's a lot of time to wait, I don't want that, lol.

I guess you could leave your family and make them hate you beforehand. You tell them you're breaking contact and then after an extended time you act on suicide. Basically you love them so much to become the hated person and so they don't think about you. You also have to make sure they will never be notified of your suicide.
That's a very good idea, thank you. I hope it'll help someone.
I can't act like this with my family, does anyone else think the same?

Reactions: Superfluous and Marawa
sonax22

sonax22

god
Mar 25, 2019
I've been thinking about this for a while now. The main reason why I didn't kill myself yet (and I believe most people here) is because we don't want to cause any more emotional pain to anyone else.
I've come up with only one idea so far: being admitted to a psych ward/hospital for an indefinite period of time, that would include being a vegetable. That way, people would be just sad instead of extremely sad (lol).
I was also thinking about death by natural causes and/or someone killing you, that'd be dying but no one would know that you intended to die, hence minimizing the emotional pain to others.

I'm currently trying out a way I came across..I'm not sure it will work but I'm seeing some little progress..it's definitely slow but it's natural..!
I'm working towards cardiac arrest or even a heart attack..by raising my blood pressure,eating bad food that cause heart trouble,also got some other factors that help like stress,anxiety and sedentary lifestyle..
I'm doing this because I relate to you when it comes to not wanting to hurt your family.
I hope you find your way.
Good luck to you in whatever you do <3

Reactions: aspx and Marawa
P

Powderedmonster

Student
Mar 6, 2019
The people who worry about hurting their loved ones show reduced risk of suicide because the fact that they don't want to hurt people shows that they feel connected to or important to those people in some way. Those who don't have any loved ones to worry about or are in so much agony that they feel completely disconnected from all of their loved ones and therefore can't even fathom the impact their death would have on them, are likely to kill themselves. Suicidal desire is comprised of two things according to lead suicidiologist Thomas joiner: perceived burdensomeness and thwarted belongingness. Caring about your loved ones is indicative that you don't feel totally disconnected socially. In order to kill ourselves, we need to feel pretty much disconnected from others.

When I was extremely suicidal last October (but couldn't do it because of my survival instinct), I knew my family cared about me, but they simply could not understand what was happening. I was in agonizing antidepressant withdrawal, everything was unbearable, every second was torture, and my family did not even know, let alone understand how bad things were. And I couldn't think of anyone but myself when I decided to die. I didn't even feel connected to my family, and frankly, still don't. I was all alone. Maybe you don't need to die if you have a support system that you don't want to hurt. Just throwing that out there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Superfluous, Mr. Hang Man, crea_the_hopeless and 5 others
W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
I wouldn't recommend planning to go into a psych ward for a long stay. They try to move people on and do care in community because they're underfunded, and they're really not fun places. Where are you from?

Reactions: crea_the_hopeless and aspx
Thin Chew

Thin Chew

世界以痛吻我 要我报之以歌
Mar 3, 2019
For me, if I die. I don't care about if my parents will cry or sad. It's their problem. They made me do this. Ya. It might be disrespectful. But after you know my family. You wouldn't think it as 'disrespectful'

Reactions: Superfluous, Cookiedough8956, OnlyMercy and 4 others
L

Longman

Student
Jan 9, 2019
There were several "how to induce illness" threads in the recent times:
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/how-to-induce-illness.4416/
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/how-to-get-cancer-make-a-tumour-grow.13493/
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/cardiac-arrest-and-heart-attack.13705/
Some users try to induce their desired illness by eating junk food/smoking/alcohol abuse/other "natural" activity, but imho this is useless. Let's assume that people who lead such "unlealthy" lifestyle are 50 times more likely to get selected illness than average person. But if initial chance (for average person) to get this illness during lifetime is low (for example, 1/5000), would you be satisfied with chance equal 1/100? If yes, that would be some kind of self-deception.

Looking towards methods which are used to induce illnesses in lab animals would be more perspective.

Reactions: Superfluous
Umbra

Umbra

Trans Girl
Mar 15, 2019
No, they'll be sad no matter what. Just remember once you're dead you won't care how others feel.

Reactions: Powderedmonster, Superfluous, detached and 1 other person
N

neveranyhope

Mar 27, 2019

I've always had a fantasy of hiring a hit man to kill myself. But I would never have enough money for that, I don't think. Although, who knows. There are a lot of crazy people out there who will do anything for a couple thousand dollars. But finding that much cash at this point is not going to happen.

My biggest issue is I know my family won't be bothered (my siblings might but they've emotionally distanced themselves from me so much that I"m sure they'd do fine - they all have their own issues anyway), but my father will be pissed over the wasted money and I've never had anything to give him in return. I have a 401K that can about cover my credit card debt, but I wouldn't have anything to cover the costs of cleaning out my apartment etc.

My other big concern is my cats. Iv'e mentioned before they are the only ones who have been by my side since I graduated school in 2006 and they are very healthy. The thought of them being euthanized or going to my mother who is abusive to pets is causing me a lot of distress.

Reactions: Superfluous
W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
I wonder whether to write a note and if that means people would move on more quickly. I don't know, I can't write anything whenever I try, so maybe I just can't. I don't want my family to blame themselves and I would want them to accept it's better this way. Maybe certain things make it easier to move on.

Reactions: aspx, Redrock and SweetGoldenLake
aspx

aspx

Mar 25, 2019
I wonder whether to write a note and if that means people would move on more quickly. I don't know, I can't write anything whenever I try, so maybe I just can't. I don't want my family to blame themselves and I would want them to accept it's better this way. Maybe certain things make it easier to move on.
I think you should try it, even if it sounds cliche, it's your family for god's sake. One thing is for sure, it would be a lot easier if you leave a note saying that you commited suicide (or whatever you wanna do) than they not knowing what happened to you.
About they blaming themselves, this may occur whether you leave a note or not, but the chances of that occurring with a note left is too low.

Reactions: Superfluous and Redrock
ShadowOfTheDay

ShadowOfTheDay

Hungry Ghost
Feb 14, 2019

You could tell your family you want to visit the grand canyon, then jump to your death with a camera tied around your neck, so people assume you were just trying to get the best angle for a photo. I would seriously do this, but my family already knows how chronically suicidal I am, and they would never believe it was an accident.

Reactions: Superfluous, aspx and Redrock
W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
I think you should try it, even if it sounds cliche, it's your family for god's sake. One thing is for sure, it would be a lot easier if you leave a note saying that you commited suicide (or whatever you wanna do) than they not knowing what happened to you.
About they blaming themselves, this may occur whether you leave a note or not, but the chances of that occurring with a note left is too low.
I probably will try. I've already spoken to my Dad about being suicidal, last time we were talking about it I told him I was going to find a way to end my life, so I don't think they wouldn't understand what happened. I haven't spoken about it so much with anyone else, but they know how unwell I am/have been for the past 3 years. What would you write in a note?

• Wow
Reactions: Superfluous, dandan, OnlyMercy and 1 other person
Redrock

Redrock

Student
Mar 5, 2019
I probably will try. I've already spoken to my Dad about being suicidal, last time we were talking about it I told him I was going to find a way to end my life, so I don't think they wouldn't understand what happened. I haven't spoken about it so much with anyone else, but they know how unwell I am/have been for the past 3 years. What would you write in a note?
https://archive.ashspace.org/ashbusstop.org/Note.html

Reactions: crea_the_hopeless
aspx

aspx

Mar 25, 2019
What would you write in a note?
I'd write something saying how much I love them and it's not their fault. I'd also include something explaining how's the files organized on my computer and instructions on how to destroy the data and sell everything that is mine.
But if I'm going to die soon, no one would know that it was a suicide. I think it's the best for everyone.

dandan

dandan

One more attempt on life.
Feb 18, 2019
im in a very much similar situation, I even believe my mom wont answer my whatsapp messages anymore cause she's expecting me to ctb
so is my brother....
I have called suicide for a long time. lately even more... and more serious... yup, yesterday I was amazed how I am REALLY considering to ctb, it sucks
but regret wont let me live a good life

Reactions: aspx and crea_the_hopeless
P

Powderedmonster

Student
Mar 6, 2019
im in a very much similar situation, I even believe my mom wont answer my whatsapp messages anymore cause she's expecting me to ctb
so is my brother....
I have called suicide for a long time. lately even more... and more serious... yup, yesterday I was amazed how I am REALLY considering to ctb, it sucks
but regret wont let me live a good life
Your mom won't answer your messages because she's expecting you to ctb? Why not try to support you and get you help? That's messed up...

Reactions: Superfluous and aspx
dandan

dandan

One more attempt on life.
Feb 18, 2019
Your mom won't answer your messages because she's expecting you to ctb? Why not try to support you and get you help? That's messed up...
she already tried and did her best for 18 years.... she's tired... so I'm I .... she loves me dude... she just dont have anything more to say... she's said everything..

poor mom, she didnt deserved this... neither did I .... :(
well she wont respond my "I want to die " messages, I'm sure if I said, "hey mom, listen, im at work but I need to speak to you" , sure, she would answer... .she loves me :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Superfluous, aspx, crea_the_hopeless and 2 others
DeepMind

DeepMind

Mar 26, 2019
The only thing I might have is psychosis. I could make it worse by using some drug, but I wouldn't do it.
If you're looking for an accident, maybe drinking a lot of alcohol and walking on some busy street waiting for some car to hit you. I don't know if that would work tho.

It's funny how a lot of people that don't want to die end up dying unintentionally and here we are, looking for a some way to do it.

:)) Sorry, but this mad me laugh, it's true.

Those people that don't want to die die and those people that want to die have to put in extraordinary effort.

Last edited:
Reactions: voltage268, thiswillkillme and aspx
P

Powderedmonster

Student
Mar 6, 2019
she already tried and did her best for 18 years.... she's tired... so I'm I .... she loves me dude... she just dont have anything more to say... she's said everything..

poor mom, she didnt deserved this... neither did I .... :(

well she wont respond my "I want to die " messages, I'm sure if I said, "hey mom, listen, im at work but I need to speak to you" , sure, she would answer... .she loves me :D
Oh I see. I was just wondering because my friend recently abandoned me for being suicidal so I wondered if the situation was the same, or if I could maybe get some insight on his perspective by asking about your mom. But I see it's a different situation :)

Reactions: Superfluous and aspx
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I don't think there is, unless said family has already cut one out of their lives. I believe that no matter the manner of death, whether by suicide, accident, natural or unnatural causes, there will always be grief to the survivors. It is inevitable. However, there are ways to mitigate this such as writing (delayed) notes explaining, and also the method as well as steps taken to mitigate the effect it has on family and others.

Reactions: aspx and Superfluous
snowman626

snowman626

Mage
Jan 28, 2019
and/or someone killing you,

that would be 100x worse than you killing yourself cause now your loved ones will have anger towards the person who killed you and want revenge but most likely wouldn't be able to get it. even if its something that looks accidental like a car running you over, there will still be blame and anger. imagine if its something like random murder, they will never heal and might even cause THEM to want to kill themselves to escape the pain.

Reactions: aspx
E

ElysiumRain

Sep 9, 2023
Avoiding hurting family is tough (those who have an attachment & need to reach you at all times), but I believe friends, or more distant family may be different. More specifically, those you don't have to pull some sort of stunt to "sever ties" with (which will still hurt them), those you can possibly "fade out" from and not have it affect them (or even be noticed). This, of course, also highly depends on their degree of attachment. Maybe you'd tell some people you have working relationships with that you're going to move to an isolated place where you are hard to reach, but will get back when you can, or any other way to make it so that not being able to reach you isn't a cause for alarm (maybe you don't need to talk to some of them at all...some might have assumed you changed phone numbers/contact methods if they try to reach you all of a sudden and can't). Give it maybe 3 or 4 years or more, I'm not sure. At that point I could picture people going "I wonder how so & so is doing", at most, but not have to find out or even better contemplate the possibility of what may have taken place at that point. Also it might help if your CTB station of choice isn't discoverable so that you don't scar anyone you don't intend to (and also better if the place has features best for decomposing, best for nature...etc...not sure if this exists).

Last edited:
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I think it's almost impossible not to hurt family. The "best method" with probably the "least" pain for a family would be having an unforeseen accident but that's also almost impossible to have. There will always be grief about the death and the loss of a loved person.

Last edited: