SmellyRat

SmellyRat

Arcanist
Nov 5, 2018
Is there a reason not to add 800mg of propranolol into 25g SN in 50ml of water. I've got like 2400mg of the stuff so thats 3 drinks that could be made.

I got a magnet stirrer so it isn't a problem its gonna probably take like 5min to dissolve into 50ml of water.

Yesterday i tasted some propranolol and it wasnt actually that bad so it might make the sn taste different.

Reactions: Lostandlooking and TerminallyAlive
U

Umbrellaterm

All parents are evil incarnate
Oct 22, 2020
Why wouldn't it? Pph recommends it.
It's supposed to be a lethal combination.

Why would you require a magnet stir?

Yes it will definitely taste different. That much propranolol is very bitter.

Reactions: SmellyRat
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Makes your heart slow down.

• Love
Reactions: Metalhead and SmellyRat
U

Umbrellaterm

All parents are evil incarnate
Oct 22, 2020
Reactions: deleted, TerminallyAlive and SmellyRat
SmellyRat

SmellyRat

Arcanist
Nov 5, 2018
To say the least.
That amount leads to acute cardiac arrest.

Sounds good to me.
I think i have heart problems due to alcoholism anyways so a heart attack if SN doesn't kill me:heart:
I just want to lose consciousness fast.

Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019
I also question adding propranolol to the final mixture.

If you add it to the mixture and then vomit shortly thereafter, seems to me a lot would be lost?

Also, this is a very large dose, which might also induce vomiting through different receptor pathways? I do not know.

From the internet (hopefully copied from the package insert for propranolol): Propranolol is highly lipophilic and almost completely absorbed after oral administration. However, it undergoes high first-pass metabolism by the liver and on average, only about 25% of propranolol reaches the systemic circulation. Peak plasma concentrations occur about 1 to 4 hours after an oral dose.

I intend to take it a couple of hours ahead of time and maybe once the day before to help calm me down at a lower dose. (I was put on propranolol for migraines years ago and was amazed that it completely wiped out my anxiety too - it made me numb).

I feel compelled to add that this is for me. Everyone's physiology is different. I know mine pretty well as far as medications I have received during my life and am taking measures to tweak (minor tweaks) the proposed regimen in the hopes of mitigating some distress.

Last edited:
Reactions: Robyn, deleted, Meditation guide and 1 other person
SmellyRat

SmellyRat

Arcanist
Nov 5, 2018
I also question adding propranolol to the final mixture.

If you add it to the mixture and then vomit shortly thereafter, seems to me a lot would be lost?

Also, this is a very large dose, which might also induce vomiting through different receptor pathways? I do not know.

From the internet (hopefully copied from the package insert for propranolol): Propranolol is highly lipophilic and almost completely absorbed after oral administration. However, it undergoes high first-pass metabolism by the liver and on average, only about 25% of propranolol reaches the systemic circulation. Peak plasma concentrations occur about 1 to 4 hours after an oral dose.

I intend to take it a couple of hours ahead of time and maybe once the day before to help calm me down at a lower dose. (I was put on propranolol for migraines years ago and was amazed that it completely wiped out my anxiety too - it made me numb).

I feel compelled to add that this is for me. Everyone's physiology is different. I know mine pretty well as far as medications I have received during my life and am taking measures to tweak (minor tweaks) the proposed regimen in the hopes of mitigating some distress.

Yes, this was my concern aswell.
PN recommends you take the propranolol in the SN drink, yet propranolol takes 1 hour for its effects to work making it useless wtf.
Since propranolol is used to fight phobias and fears taking it a couple of hours might work?.

Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019
Yes, this was my concern aswell.
PN recommends you take the propranolol in the SN drink, yet propranolol takes 1 hour for its effects to work making it useless wtf.
Since propranolol is used to fight phobias and fears taking it a couple of hours might work?.

I am guessing (given the dose and regimen) that the propranolol might have been added to the regimen as a fail-safe in case the SN for some reason does not work or is treated early. If found the focus would be on treating the acute toxicity of SN, while the propranolol would be a hidden factor. Please note though, that this is speculation - I cannot read the mind of the author :)

Personally, I am not planning to use propranolol for its toxic effect as it can cause heart irregular heart beats (which I cannot stand and is very distressing to me). I am only planning to take a little over the recommended dose to mitigate anxiety about an hour before in the hopes that it will help to calm me down.

Last edited:
SmellyRat

SmellyRat

Arcanist
Nov 5, 2018
Personally, I am not planning to use propranolol for its toxic effect as it can cause heart arrhythmia (which I cannot stand and is very distressing to me). I am only planning to take a little over the recommended dose to mitigate anxiety about an hour before in the hopes that it will help to calm me down.

Same here.
Propranolol isn't even reliable since you need 8g.
For me propranolol will be used to overcome SI and anxiety which we all fear.

Reactions: Surgeon
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Going back to the original question, I think it's too much propranolol to dissolve in such a small amount of water, especially when it'll already be full of dissolved SN. I can't say for certain, but I imagine you'd have a ton of sediment to deal with or even a paste. Won't be easily ingestible. Probably best to take them separately and use enough water to properly dissolve.

It's also going to be quite bitter, so by mixing the two, you end up with super bitter, super salty liquid. Just making things worse, imo.

Reactions: BeautifulMosaics and SmellyRat
SmellyRat

SmellyRat

Arcanist
Nov 5, 2018
Going back to the original question, I think it's too much propranolol to dissolve in such a small amount of water, especially when it'll already be full of dissolved SN. I can't say for certain, but I imagine you'd have a ton of sediment to deal with or even a paste. Won't be easily ingestible. Probably best to take them separately and use enough water to properly dissolve.

It's also going to be quite bitter, so by mixing the two, you end up with super bitter, super salty liquid. Just making things worse, imo.

Exactly.
It might be better idea to take alot of propranolol hours before which is when its most effective to help lower panic and anxiety.

Reactions: BeautifulMosaics and k75
reticen

reticen

Student
Nov 5, 2020
Exactly.
It might be better idea to take alot of propranolol hours before which is when its most effective to help lower panic and anxiety.
How much do you mean by 'a lot' in this case? Taking the 800 more than an hour beforehand could incapacitate you before SN time. Personally I am going to take a smallish amount (5x40mg maybe) about 45 minutes before in order to prevent tachycardia and to exponentiate the rate of hypoxia.

Reactions: stevieu, BeautifulMosaics, Keto and 4 others
SmellyRat

SmellyRat

Arcanist
Nov 5, 2018
How much do you mean by 'a lot' in this case? Taking the 800 more than an hour beforehand could incapacitate you before SN time. Personally I am going to take a smallish amount (5x40mg maybe) about 45 minutes before in order to prevent tachycardia and to exponentiate the rate of hypoxia.
I'm not sure, but i know propranolol is probably best atleast 1 hour before to give it time to work.

Reactions: stevieu, BeautifulMosaics and Meditation guide
reticen

reticen

Student
Nov 5, 2020
I'm not sure, but i know propranolol is probably best atleast 1 hour before to give it time to work.
For a normal 40 mg dose an hour is recommended. That will prevent tachycardia. But you could very likely be dying from SN for a full hour in which case the massive 800 propranolol dose will hit at a good time.

Reactions: AbsoluteNothingness and Weary Soul
S

Steamm

Arcanist
Feb 28, 2020
Here I only find propranolol in capsules, don't know how to mix it with sn

Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019
For a normal 40 mg dose an hour is recommended. That will prevent tachycardia. But you could very likely be dying from SN for a full hour in which case the massive 800 propranolol dose will hit at a good time.

That is a very good point! I wonder if taking that large a dose of propranolol would induce nausea via pathways other than those covered by meto? (Rhetorical question - I do not want to increase my chances of nausea.)

C

Crumbledank

May 14, 2020
Is there a reason not to add 800mg of propranolol into 25g SN in 50ml of water. I've got like 2400mg of the stuff so thats 3 drinks that could be made.

I got a magnet stirrer so it isn't a problem its gonna probably take like 5min to dissolve into 50ml of water.

Yesterday i tasted some propranolol and it wasnt actually that bad so it might make the sn taste different.

propranolol taken at same time as SN wouln't make much sense since you'd be unconscious usually from SN before the propranolol has had any anti-anxiety or heart slowing effect, I think. Unless a massive dose works much quicker...

R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
I will be taking propranolol 30-45 minutes before the SN. It needs time to start working. I'm not sure why that isn't clarified in the PPH.

Reactions: stevieu and aminend
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
I think if you were taking a standard dose of propranolol, an hour ahead would make sense. But with such a large dose, you risk passing out early and messing up plans if you time it wrong. The more you take, the less time you probably need. Maybe it makes sense to take a small amount first so that definitely kicks in on time and the rest closer to the SN?

Here I only find propranolol in capsules, don't know how to mix it with sn
Just take the capsules or open them and use the powder inside.

That is a very good point! I wonder if taking that large a dose of propranolol would induce nausea via pathways other than those covered by meto? (Rhetorical question - I do not want to increase my chances of nausea.)
So I was going to do this anyway because I have a stomach condition and take lots of Zofran daily, but I've been hearing it's now recommended to take both Meto and Zofran for nausea. Each works on different receptors, so it might help.

But based on all my own research, nausea is probably going to happen to some degree anyway, as well as some vomiting. You just want to try to postpone it as long as you can.

Reactions: BeautifulMosaics and AbsoluteNothingness
SmellyRat

SmellyRat

Arcanist
Nov 5, 2018
propranolol taken at same time as SN wouln't make much sense since you'd be unconscious usually from SN before the propranolol has had any anti-anxiety or heart slowing effect, I think. Unless a massive dose works much quicker...

Which is why we're all scrambling are heads thinking why PN in the PPHB ever recommended propranolol in the SN mix in the first place? when propranolol takes 1 hour to work.
giphy.gif

S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Propranolol at 20mg starts to work and takes away the worst of my tremors at about twenty to thirty minutes after I take it.

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019

Which is why we're all scrambling are heads thinking why PN in the PPHB ever recommended propranolol in the SN mix in the first place? when propranolol takes 1 hour to work.

Yes, an overdose should work quicker. The original goal of taking propranolol was to lower blood pressure and help induce unconsciousness along with SN, making the method more peaceful. It's a bonus that it also helps with physical anxiety symptoms.

I am prescribed 120mg propranolol for anxiety. It takes way less than an hour to kick in. I never take more, but I think it's safe to assume more = faster.

Edit: Also, I'm not up to date with whatever PN is pushing these days, but not long ago he was telling people to take 2g propranolol with SN. That also changes things.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, aminend and SmellyRat
Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019
In my opinion, I think Stan's guide said it best: It is a luxury item.

I intend to use it for its anxiolytic effects, regulation of heart rhythm, and the information in the PPH that said it could potentiate SN (although I read an older version of the PPH that called for a dose of 2000).

(I know it is an idealistic thought and hopefully this does not come off as sounding cold, but I wish there was a double-blind way to collect data. I worked in Pharma for many, many years and am very familiar with data collected to determine medication efficacy and safety).

Thanks to everyone for all of the information posted here :)
Yes, an overdose should work quicker. The original goal of taking propranolol was to lower blood pressure and help induce unconsciousness along with SN, making the method more peaceful. It's a bonus that it also helps with physical anxiety symptoms.

I am prescribed 120mg propranolol for anxiety. It takes way less than an hour to kick in. I never take more, but I think it's safe to assume more = faster.

Everyone's metabolism is different. When a product label claims 1 hour to kick in, that is the mean/median time to onset of action for all participants in the study. This will vary from person to person. I am not sure that more = faster... I would have to research this!! :)

Last edited:
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Of course it does depend on the individual and how they metabolize different meds. But my experience has always been that the more you take of something, the more intense the effects get and the quicker they're felt.

Basic example: alcohol. Drink a beer, you might or might not feel it a little. Drink 20 beers at the same time, what would happen?

I know when I was on 20-40 mg propranolol, it took awhile to kick in and wasn't very effective for me. 120 is a lot quicker and usually makes me tired. An educated guess is more would be felt more, sooner.

Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019
Of course it does depend on the individual and how they metabolize different meds. But my experience has always been that the more you take of something, the more intense the effects get and the quicker they're felt.

Basic example: alcohol. Drink a beer, you might or might not feel it a little. Drink 20 beers at the same time, what would happen?

I know when I was on 20-40 mg propranolol, it took awhile to kick in and wasn't very effective for me. 120 is a lot quicker and usually makes me tired. An educated guess is more would be felt more, sooner.

You may well be right. From personal experience this has not been the case for me, thank you for writing this, I will look into it!! (Although, I can honestly say I have never had 20 beers at the same time - never tried that funnel thingy in college :wink:)

Last edited:
Reactions: k75
SmellyRat

SmellyRat

Arcanist
Nov 5, 2018
Edit: Also, I'm not up to date with whatever PN is pushing these days, but not long ago he was telling people to take 2g propranolol with SN. That also changes things.

I don't think anyone is.
It's gone from 2g to 1g to 800mg so using this logic it's probably better to go with 400mg 1-2 before so it can take full effect:heart:

Reactions: BeautifulMosaics and k75
D

Despairing

Student
Oct 25, 2019
To say the least.
That amount leads to acute cardiac arrest.
How do you know this? So the propranolol mixed with sn will cause a heart attack thereby it wont be peaceful? I dont think this is the case. The reason it is advised to mix propranolol with sn is because it makes the sn take effect quicker and reduces the fast heart beat that would have occurred without propranolol.
The propranolol is mixed in with the sn drink in the PN video. This would make the propranolol instant release.

Last edited: