• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

I

i187914

May 24, 2018
Photos:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attract...ml#photos;aggregationId=&albumid=101&filter=7

It has a low rail, no police duty, a 565 foot drop (7th highest in the U.S.) and no suicide barrier.

I don't see any chance of surviving a fall from this bridge.

I haven't gone through the list of other highest bridges in the U.S., but I wonder if any others compare well in terms of suicidability.

rio-grande-gorge-bridge.jpg

Props to @chronicpainnomore for yet another great idea, second only to his hypoxia shopping list.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: lionetta12, bridgegirl, iar and 5 others
Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside

Wizard
Jul 2, 2018
If you don't mind a little bit of bouncing around, the Sandia Crest is also a good location in NM. Tourists die there all the damn time. Try to do selfie stuff and its a real bad drop.

• Informative
Reactions: lionetta12 and mattwitt
I

i187914

May 24, 2018
@DeadInside It's more than just the problem of bouncing around. When you fall from a cliff like Sandia you don't fall directly down and there's a chance your body will get impaled on a rock that is jutting out lower down - maybe not far enough lower down that you will be dead. So you might slowly bleed to death or you might just linger in pain and lose a leg, an eye and/or break your spine from impact. I'm sure some people get 'lucky' and die directly but a bridge is less risky. A direct fall from a great height onto a hard surface is the best way if you have the nerve for this approach (big 'if' for most people, including me).

The nice thing about Rio Grande Gorge bridge is you could hang out up there as a sightseer for a while with a flask of alcohol (a flask to hide the alcohol in case police happen to come by and pick on you). Once you're liquored up enough, you make a beeline for the railing and there's nothing between you and the rocks 600 feet down.

Last edited:
Reactions: lionetta12, bridgegirl, hi-okbye and 3 others
Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside

Wizard
Jul 2, 2018
True. It's not perfect .... hell probably just be faster to go into the south valley and cause some trouble.... be dead in just a few lol.

Reactions: mattwitt
I

i187914

May 24, 2018
True. It's not perfect .... hell probably just be faster to go into the south valley and cause some trouble.... be dead in just a few lol.

:) Also not my preferred route.

For me it's either nitrogen or jumping off a bridge. If they sold nembutal OTC at my local pharmacy, that would obviously be my first choice since it's basically the perfect peaceful death. But, barring that, I'm not going to roll the dice on it since nitrogen is just as peaceful when you get past the logistical issues. And jumping from a height is the least complicated but hardly peaceful before or during even if you're drunk or high.

Reactions: raindrop9, get.some.sleep, mattwitt and 2 others
Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside

Wizard
Jul 2, 2018
I would prefer the pill route myself. No heights or jumping for me ... which means I will probably accidentally fall to my death some random time.
No luck wondering drunk in bad neighborhoods either : (

Reactions: get.some.sleep and mattwitt
I

itsallover

Arcanist
Jun 29, 2018
I really wanna jump. That is my preferred method. I live in NYC so there's lots of high bridges. Anyone else interested in this method? I wanna feel like I'm flying for a few seconds.

Reactions: ephemeral and mattwitt
Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside

Wizard
Jul 2, 2018
It really is. Walking over it is no fun. Think they have a roller coaster with it too : ) for those who like that kind of thing.

Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside

Wizard
Jul 2, 2018
I really wanna jump. That is my preferred method. I live in NYC so there's lots of high bridges. Anyone else interested in this method? I wanna feel like I'm flying for a few seconds.
I am scared of that method for sure. I would have to be pushed.

mattwitt

mattwitt

# 978
Jun 28, 2018
If you take up skydiving you could get a lot more than just a few seconds.

Reactions: Dead_Inside
I

itsallover

Arcanist
Jun 29, 2018
If you take up skydiving you could get a lot more than just a few seconds.
I am absolutely done with life. I always knew in the back of my mind that I would jump one day.

Reactions: ephemeral, Dead_Inside and mattwitt
mattwitt

mattwitt

# 978
Jun 28, 2018
I am absolutely done with life. I always knew in the back of my mind that I would jump one day.
Well there's more options nowadays... Before it was like jumping, slitting wrists, hanging, guns, drowning in bathtub, toaster in bathtub, and trains were the only options people thought they had.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dead_Inside
Egg

Egg

Aug 7, 2018
The scenery around the Rio Gorge bridge is too beautiful. I would be too distracted to think about jumping. But considering there's only a 4 foot railing I'm surprised there aren't more deaths at this site.

Reactions: bridgegirl
Egg

Egg

Aug 7, 2018
All things considered this seems like a pretty feasible option.

hi-okbye

hi-okbye

7.7.2023<3
May 5, 2023
personally i would love to jump, i feel like i would impulsively do it before i had time to be too scared. unfortunately there's no high buildings by my area, and i also hate the way the body ends up after :/

Lookoutbelow

Lookoutbelow

Jump to it
Sep 14, 2023
@DeadInside It's more than just the problem of bouncing around. When you fall from a cliff like Sandia you don't fall directly down and there's a chance your body will get impaled on a rock that is jutting out lower down - maybe not far enough lower down that you will be dead. So you might slowly bleed to death or you might just linger in pain and lose a leg, an eye and/or break your spine from impact. I'm sure some people get 'lucky' and die directly but a bridge is less risky. A direct fall from a great height onto a hard surface is the best way if you have the nerve for this approach (big 'if' for most people, including me).

The nice thing about Rio Grande Gorge bridge is you could hang out up there as a sightseer for a while with a flask of alcohol (a flask to hide the alcohol in case police happen to come by and pick on you). Once you're liquored up enough, you make a beeline for the railing and there's nothing between you and the rocks 600 feet down.
Love the "beeline" comment. I think that is one of the keys to a successful jump. Beeline over a rail. Do not stop to look.

• Love
Reactions: hi-okbye
Egg

Egg

Aug 7, 2018
Love the "beeline" comment. I think that is one of the keys to a successful jump. Beeline over a rail. Do not stop to look.
Right. I haven't done much study of bridges but the Tripadvisor photos that @i87914 provided above demonstrate how open the Rio Gorge bridge is to the kind of thing. Usually high places like this that are easy to scale have a lot of protections to prevent our favorite hobby. Rio Gorge almost seems purpose built for us. In any major city, getting access to a height like this will be problematic. Which makes it almost worth making a trip to this bridge to carry out the final act. I doubt there are many high places in the country as open as this but I am open to enlightenment on this matter if anyone knows better. You would need to be fairly committed to carry it out because the photo above looks very daunting as the last thing you see as you scale the rail is a massive drop. So SI will be massive. But compared to the potential for error with pharmaceutical approaches this seems failure-proof. I don't even know if alcohol would be enough to overcome the SI here.

Another good view of the drop is visible in the proposal scene from Natural Born Killers, which was also filmed on this bridge:

Lookoutbelow

Lookoutbelow

Jump to it
Sep 14, 2023
Right. I haven't done much study of bridges but the Tripadvisor photos that @i87914 provided above demonstrate how open the Rio Gorge bridge is to the kind of thing. Usually high places like this that are easy to scale have a lot of protections to prevent our favorite hobby. Rio Gorge almost seems purpose built for us. In any major city, getting access to a height like this will be problematic. Which makes it almost worth making a trip to this bridge to carry out the final act. I doubt there are many high places in the country as open as this but I am open to enlightenment on this matter if anyone knows better. You would need to be fairly committed to carry it out because the photo above looks very daunting as the last thing you see as you scale the rail is a massive drop. So SI will be massive. But compared to the potential for error with pharmaceutical approaches this seems failure-proof. I don't even know if alcohol would be enough to overcome the SI here.

Another good view of the drop is visible in the proposal scene from Natural Born Killers, which was also filmed on this bridge:

I don't look forward to jumping. I chose it for a couple of reasons. Nothing to purchase or set up and once you go there is no turning back. I don't worry as much about height as some do. I look from my jump spot and think "looks plenty high enough for me." It is 16 stories onto concrete and asphalt. It amazes me how many people think jumping is somehow not reliable. I feel like you do about the pharmaceutical approach. Too much room for error and failure. I'm not looking forward to dying so when I do it I just want it to be done. I've come to accept that jumping will be terrifying, but only for a few seconds. If you would like to discuss anything about jumping or whatever you can PM me. I've done a good amount of research. Good luck with your plans.

Reactions: hi-okbye
Egg

Egg

Aug 7, 2018
I don't look forward to jumping. I chose it for a couple of reasons. Nothing to purchase or set up and once you go there is no turning back. I don't worry as much about height as some do. I look from my jump spot and think "looks plenty high enough for me." It is 16 stories onto concrete and asphalt. It amazes me how many people think jumping is somehow not reliable. I feel like you do about the pharmaceutical approach. Too much room for error and failure. I'm not looking forward to dying so when I do it I just want it to be done. I've come to accept that jumping will be terrifying, but only for a few seconds. If you would like to discuss anything about jumping or whatever you can PM me. I've done a good amount of research. Good luck with your plans.
Yeah this is starting to make more sense to me. After studying PPH inside and out and exploring different pharmaceutical options I thought I had it all figured out until I came across a recent comment by about aspiration pneumonia and various other potential complicating issues that can arise with orally administered sedatives (arrythmia, cardiogenic shock), none of which I had learned about in PPH. So I am leaning away from oral pharmaceuticals and I don't have the connections to obtain IV pharma. So I think jumping is going to be the way to go. I don't live in New Mexico so getting there will be a minor complicating factor. But compared with the complications of other techniques I think it's really minor. I would like to explore other high places that could be options, as I live in a large city where access to rooftops of tall buildings is tightly controlled. So bridges are likely to be way to go. It would be great if there was a list of "Consumer Reports 10 Best Bridges To Jump To Your Death". But maybe we can compile our own here.

Lookoutbelow

Lookoutbelow

Jump to it
Sep 14, 2023
Yeah this is starting to make more sense to me. After studying PPH inside and out and exploring different pharmaceutical options I thought I had it all figured out until I came across a recent comment by about aspiration pneumonia and various other potential complicating issues that can arise with orally administered sedatives (arrythmia, cardiogenic shock), none of which I had learned about in PPH. So I am leaning away from oral pharmaceuticals and I don't have the connections to obtain IV pharma. So I think jumping is going to be the way to go. I don't live in New Mexico so getting there will be a minor complicating factor. But compared with the complications of other techniques I think it's really minor. I would like to explore other high places that could be options, as I live in a large city where access to rooftops of tall buildings is tightly controlled. So bridges are likely to be way to go. It would be great if there was a list of "Consumer Reports 10 Best Bridges To Jump To Your Death". But maybe we can compile our own here.
I guess I should consider myself "lucky".
Where I live almost all of the tall buildings (hotels/condos) have outside walkways.

Egg

Egg

Aug 7, 2018
You mentioned 16 stories. I looked up what that would look like and it makes me queasy that it doesn't look taller than this:

d151c7bd-afb2-480d-b2ce-819bf8e7c0aa-3.JPG

If it failed, man that would be a mess to survive.
I guess I should consider myself "lucky".
Where I live almost all of the tall buildings (hotels/condos) have outside walkways.

I just assumed most hotels would have locked windows at higher floors. Finding one with an outside walkway sounds like a research project.

If you're including condos, I guess in theory you could search on Airbnb for high-rise condos, rent a night and do the deed without impacting the owner of the rental much - he might have to deal with the police a bit the next day but you could add a little extra as a tip on the bedside table I guess.
Your username makes sense given your favorite method :)

Last edited:
Lookoutbelow

Lookoutbelow

Jump to it
Sep 14, 2023
You mentioned 16 stories. I looked up what that would look like and it makes me queasy that it doesn't look taller than this:

d151c7bd-afb2-480d-b2ce-819bf8e7c0aa-3.JPG

If it failed, man that would be a mess to survive.
The picture is just an odd perspective. If you can imagine the person in that grey car standing on top of the building they would be a speck. If you get the chance to look out of even 10 stories I believe you would think it is plenty high enough.

BluesRunTheGame

BluesRunTheGame

Blackpilled
Dec 15, 2020
A five-year-old thread I know, but that drop looks downright sexy. I wonder what happened to OP.

Egg

Egg

Aug 7, 2018
The picture is just an odd perspective. If you can imagine the person in that grey car standing on top of the building they would be a speck. If you get the chance to look out of even 10 stories I believe you would think it is plenty high enough.

Got it. Is there a rule of thumb for what height is survivable onto concrete? Assuming you're not a cat. You don't sound like one.
...that drop looks downright sexy.
The only thing that bothers me about the drop in OP's photo is that you land on earth rather than rock but at that height I doubt it matters much.

OP also left an interesting link to American bridges broken down by state and height.

When you compare the numbers, this New Mexico bridge is also multiple times higher than most bridges in the U.S.

It looks like the average is around 200 ft whereas this one is close to 600 ft.

Last edited:
Lookoutbelow

Lookoutbelow

Jump to it
Sep 14, 2023
Got it. Is there a rule of thumb for what height is survivable onto concrete? Assuming you're not a cat. You don't sound like one.

The only thing that bothers me about the drop in OP's photo is that you land on earth rather than rock but at that height I doubt it matters much.
There is something like 140ft - 160ft. I don't pay much attention to that. I just looked and decided that's plenty high enough for me. If I survive that, then fuck it. You are always going to here stories about people surviving falls from any height imaginable. Nothing is 100%. When it's time for me to go. I'm just hopping the rail and rest will take care of itself. I don't worry about body position or anything like that. The concrete will take care of that. There is a protrusion sticking out at the bottom of my jump site. I may even be cut in half, who knows? Meow, meow....meow, meow, meow.

Egg

Egg

Aug 7, 2018
A protrusion. Eeuw.

That reminded me of a scene in the movie "Men" where the character played by Jessie Buckley watches her boyfriend falling past the window of her apartment as he jumped or fell to his death and is impaled on a railing when he hits the ground. I guess you wouldn't feel that kind of thing for very long but geez I don't want to find that out. It looked brutal in the movie but the character did look very dead. So it's probably more of an "eeuw" reaction for the living but not so much for the suicider.

Lookoutbelow

Lookoutbelow

Jump to it
Sep 14, 2023
A protrusion. Eeuw.

That reminded me of a scene in the movie "Men" where the character played by Jessie Buckley watches her boyfriend falling past the window of her apartment as he jumped or fell to his death and is impaled on a railing when he hits the ground. I guess you wouldn't feel that kind of thing for very long but geez I don't want to find that out. It looked brutal in the movie but the character did look very dead. So it's probably more of an "eeuw" reaction for the living but not so much for the suicider.
Studies of jump survivors all state that they have no recollection of hitting the ground. So, this is good news. One survivor said it was like falling asleep while watching TV, you can't recall falling asleep. One minute your awake and the next minute your asleep. This helps a lot with wondering if it will be painful. No pain, just terrifying.

Reactions: BluesRunTheGame
Egg

Egg

Aug 7, 2018
Studies of jump survivors all state that they have no recollection of hitting the ground. So, this is good news. One survivor said it was like falling asleep while watching TV, you can't recall falling asleep. One minute your awake and the next minute your asleep. This helps a lot with wondering if it will be painful. No pain, just terrifying.
That's good information. I wouldn't have thought there would be studies of jump survivors but it makes sense that there are. I need to read more about this stuff.

Reactions: Lookoutbelow