• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Is the universe evil?

• Yes its evil

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • No its not evil

Votes: 25 56.8%

• Total voters
Darkover

Darkover

Illuminated
Jul 29, 2021
Being anti-natalist in my view automatically makes me think the universe is evil or flawed. I mean it's the properties of the universe that allowed for life and evolution to take place. We suffer without sufficient cause because of the universe.

By not having children we're trying to limit the suffering. But the big monster that caused it all is all around us.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
Yes of course, it's a horrific tragedy how anybody has to suffer at all. Life is an abomination that never should have existed and only causes harm, it'd be better to me if all was erased, existence itself really is the true problem. Existing is nothing but meaningless and unnecessary suffering, it's evil how existing beings have been tormented so senselessly all throughout history as a result of this tragedy.

DizzyFolfy

DizzyFolfy

Gone~
Jul 9, 2022
Cruel? Sure. Scary? Sure. But evil? Probably not, imo. I think evil comes from humans and the world we've built around us.
The indifferent universe just does its thing, and we're just teeny little creatures clinging to a wet ball in space.
There's probably civilizations out there who have figured it out, who have evolved in just the right way, who's pretty much a utopia where everybody just enjoys the wonders of the universe all the time, where suffering is only a fictional concept and everything's always positive, and sadly we're not one of them.

DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
Humanity has created its own evil on the Earth by pollution and overpopulation. Unemployment, queues, trouble, housing shortage, overcrowding, bullying, loneliness, competition, extinction of species, wars, crimes, pollution, pandemics and climate change depend on overpopulation. Industrial civilizations will self-annihilate. Overpopulation is the root of all the evils that afflict our planet. It there is a creator, this evil should originate from the creator.

T

thenamingofcats

annihilation anxiety
Apr 19, 2024
It depends on what your core beliefs are about meaning and why we're here. I'm a naturalist so I would say no, not evil, it just is.

Reactions: davidtorez
sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
The universe is probably either cold and apathetic or straight up cruel and evil. Earth is a prison planet; it's literally hell. People are enslaved for the majority of their adult lives. The human condition is one of modern day slavery. We have to work to survive because life is just a struggle and game of survival. I hope that there are other planets out there which are utopias, and not like this hellscape called Earth. I wish that I could go to a different planet

Last edited:
sickgirlzis

sickgirlzis

the most optimistic pessimist
Apr 17, 2024
it's just cruel I guess, but not evil. but that's just how life is. honestly you just have to become strong to bear it all and then you will find enjoyment

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Whether the universe is evil or not depends on whether it is "conscious" or not.

Maybe the universe is the brain of a god and what happens in it is what this god thinks.

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
I don't think that the universe is good or evil, rather it's neutral. Our universe isn't some sentient being with bad intentions. It's just a place where we live in. We go by the idea that there is no God then the universe is just neutral. The formation of life was something that came about as a result of chance and here we are.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
The universe doesn't give two shits about good and evil. These are just concepts created by humans and so they only matter to us. I'm sure other sapient species if they're out there have their own bases for morality and what could seem evil to them is actually good for us or Vice versa. Even we humans can't fully agree on what good and evil exactly entail.

Besides, the universe is just a place that doesn't even have a governing body (that we know of) so calling the universe evil would be like calling the Pacific Ocean evil. Just because evil stuff happens in it doesn't mean the place has any capacity to do anything about it.

Now whoever created and/or runs the universe, that's a different story. That guy is definitely evil whoever he is. Fuck him.

Aphex Triplet

Aphex Triplet

Ozymandias
Apr 15, 2024
Being anti-natalist in my view automatically makes me think the universe is evil or flawed. I mean it's the properties of the universe that allowed for life and evolution to take place. We suffer without sufficient cause because of the universe.

By not having children we're trying to limit the suffering. But the big monster that caused it all is all around us.
I don't think it's either good or evil, but it's definitely chaotic.

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024
Trauma puts you in the mindset that it is evil even though the world is neutral . My brain tells me everything and everyone is a potential threat

davidtorez

davidtorez

Experienced
Mar 8, 2024
The universe is indifferent to me it seems. Bad people prosper, good people suffer. Cosmic meaninglessness abounds. In the end nothing matters.

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim
B

betternever2havbeen

Elementalist
Jun 19, 2022
For the most part I don't think so but when you think about horrific diseases like cancer and dementia it does make you wonder. Why does your body just decide to slowly kill you painfully? Or your mind goes so that literally in the end the only things that still work are your breathing mechanism and your ability to feel pain. If that's not evil and sadistic I don't know what is. It's like we're designed to suffer as much as possible.

Eudaimonic

Eudaimonic

I want to fade away.
Aug 11, 2023
I don't think the universe is evil.
Unless there is a God--and even then, it may be a blind idiot God--it's simply indifferent, callous though that may seem.
Furthermore, it is the capacity for suffering that one ought to take issue with.
Suffering could theoretically be eliminated through genetic-pharmacological interventions.
Our physical and mental pain sensitivity is calibrated to a wholly different environment than this one.
Consciousness is not inherently problematic. Sentience (as we know it) is.

Last edited:
DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
The universe is indifferent to me it seems. Bad people prosper, good people suffer. Cosmic meaninglessness abounds. In the end nothing matters.
Bad people prosper and good people suffer - you are right about that. At least, that is what happens in civilization. In nature, where we belong, different rules apply. Society creates physically weak people with poor eyesight who would not survive in nature. This leads to a change in the human being in civilization that is contary to the course of nature. In the future, humans will have poorer eyesight and become physically weaker. However, we are only domesticated humans forced to live in a made up civilization. In the end nothing matters - everything is limited in time.