W

wieu73

Student
Oct 20, 2023
I found SN source which is shipping from Malaysia can I believe this one?
It says they use Fedex which is reliable shipping country
It says they use Fedex which is reliable shipping country

KillerIsMe

KillerIsMe

Aug 26, 2023
Currently stuck in US customs for a little over a week. Let's see if I get the cops at my door.

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
I think I might know which source you're referring to…
Is the abbreviation of this source is TIG?

KillerIsMe

KillerIsMe

Aug 26, 2023
reports vary, so don't discount the stuff entirely. I'm still going to give it a shot.

hershberger

hershberger

Student
Dec 28, 2019
reports vary, so don't discount the stuff entirely. I'm still going to give it a shot.
I'll second that the reports vary...ordered from tig in June (sent to US with no problems). The two issues with tig based on info from other SS posters are:

1. The paperwork included with the delivery was contradictory. One sheet listed it as almost pure nitrite, while another sheet had it as around 6% nitrite, which is obviously far below any chance of ctb-level purity.
2. The aquarium tests posted here were inconclusive. My interpretation - and mine alone - was that it was possibly pure enough for ctb. The tests were not definitive.

I suppose I should be a guinea pig and test my unopened tig SN. Unfortunately, there are some logistical issues which might make that difficult. The general opinion here is that tig is either a risky option or no option at all.

Reactions: LittleBlackCat
IsThisEverything

IsThisEverything

Nov 1, 2023
The website says its nitrite and 99% pure. Is the consensus that this is false? I'm tempted to order but don't want to waste my money or risk customs if it's a dud.