G

godhelpme313

Dec 18, 2022
Idk I feel like sometimes this is actually an addiction. It brings relief to think about it but after the relief you are worse then where you started. It is a thought addiction or mental obsession that colors the view of the world. Everything becomes part of the addiction and a reason or motivation to die. The world is complex enough that if you think it you will find it. I think maybe the addiction model is the best way to look at this. The solution is to stop taking the fix (planning, buying, executing) and instead stay with whatever is happening by using healthy coping strategies. Over daily practice the addiction can be mostly extinguished. There are no cures for addictions but can be fully managed. I think maybe I recover by taking away the pleasurable high that comes with imagining the muzzle blast of the 45, etc.

Reactions: Shivali and Regen
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
I think if you want to recover the best thing you can do among other things is to start thinking more about life than afterlife, good luck to everyone.

Reactions: godhelpme313
G

godhelpme313

Dec 18, 2022
Good point Zegers. Thank you

Reactions: Zegers
Dizzylady80

Dizzylady80

Experienced
Nov 5, 2020
It's true, I've dealt with addictions and suicidal ideation is definitely one of them. Negative associations could help, like trying to think of something you really don't like (vomit, poop, etc) whenever you have those intrusive thoughts. What I try to do is put a big "X" over the the thoughts when they pop up (my mind works in images sometimes) and imagine them on a paper burning away. Catching them in this way before it turns into active fantasizing helps me

theboy

theboy

Illuminated
Jul 15, 2022
Not is addiction
Is a health problem