• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

wildflowers1996

wildflowers1996

Arcanist
Oct 14, 2023
I feel like I am a selfish coward

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: juna, fleshgarden, Praestat_Mori and 4 others
Dark Moon

Dark Moon

Wizard
Sep 21, 2022
No, it takes courage to plan your method, override the suicidal instinct and go through with it.

Reactions: juna, halleyscomet, Forveleth and 11 others
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
There's nothing cowardly about suicide. To even attempt it takes a lot of courage and at the end of the day, you didn't choose to be alive. Unless if you are caregiver, especially to a child, you are in no way obligated to continue on with living. You are not selfish or cowardly for considering suicide as an option. That's just something people say to shame and guilt trip suicidal people.

Reactions: juna, Forveleth, caliban and 7 others
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
It's the brave mans/woman's way out

Reactions: juna, Nihil2, Forveleth and 4 others
P

PanaxMan

Student
Apr 11, 2023
I feel like I am a selfish coward
No, here is my sort of logical outlook on why people CTB.(if people knew me, I play the role of devil's advocate.

If you got something wrong with your head, you have a choice. I will respect that
If your family hates your ass and your friends/significant other backstabbed you, I will respect that.
If you are in debt (money), I will respect that.
If you have been thru trauma, either s3xually and by death of another person, I will respect that.

People who decided to CTB selfishly, should try to seek help. But if help doesn't come then you die a coward.

Reactions: divinemistress36
Spectre

Spectre

I'm looking for a man in finance, trust fund, 6'5
Nov 27, 2023
Even if it is why should that matter to you? You're dead anyways.

Reactions: juna, caliban, ijustwishtodie and 4 others
turbomightbegone

turbomightbegone

🎣
Nov 13, 2023
as other people said, it takes immense courage to get over SI and actually attempt to take your life. suicide isn't cowardly at all,, i myself cannot bring myself to attempt as of right now. cbting takes a lot of willpower to do, please do not see yourself as a coward if you decide to attempt.

Reactions: juna, wsx-rt and sserafim
Beyond_Repair

Beyond_Repair

Disheartened Ghost
Oct 27, 2023
No, I don't think so. I believe it's brave in a way because you are taking life into your own hands, and doing something that you know is best for your situation even though it's naturally terrifying

Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I always found it strange when people called suicide "cowardly" because the average person is terrified of death and dying. We all have survival instinct and most people want to live as long as possible. It takes courage to commit suicide. Suicide is not the coward's way out. In fact, it's the opposite. It takes bravery to attempt and I lack this, so I'll probably be forced to keep living against my will

Reactions: random_user, Beyond_Repair, Spectre and 5 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think it's interesting to flip it. What is 'brave' about living? How many people lead exceptionally 'brave' lives? Some do. Don't get me wrong. Ironically, people who knowingly put their own lives in danger we tend to think of as the 'bravest'- firefighters, soldiers, stunt performers, extreme sports competitors and we actually applaud all that endangerment of life. But, how many people really challenge themselves in life?

Sure, it can be considered brave to survive an illness or struggle through terrible circumstances. Why are we doing it though? I expect most people do it either for themselves- they still think they can grasp back a life they find worth living. Or, they probably keep on fighting for those who rely on them.

So then I suppose it depends. Do we see any value or hope left in living a reasonable life? If not, what are we striving and suffering for? How is it even logical to fight for something you don't want? That doesn't seem brave to me. It seems foolish. Just how badly will our suicide affect those around us? We may try to hang on for them. Maybe you could call that brave.

Still, if we can't. If we succumb to whatever is troubling us- we were basically defeated by whatever it was. How fair then is it for those left to say that they now genuinely can't cope? Their pain is more real than ours was. They expected us to suck it up and carry on- no matter how severe our situation was but now- they can't. Will they consider themselves 'cowardly' for letting a suicide really get to them? I doubt it. They have double standards.

Ok- there's the issue that we knowingly inflicted that pain on them and we could have avoided it. Still- how many people here are here in the first place because of past trauma in childhood? We're supposed to reframe all that though in order to forgive and continue to live. Why can't they do that?

Reactions: Drago369, sserafim, Hollowman and 3 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Suicide is never the coward's way out. It's the opposite.

It needs a lot of courage and a honorable suicide is always preferable.

Reactions: Spectre and sserafim
angel31

angel31

sause
Jun 14, 2023
I dont think so… I would recommend reading "the sorrows of young werther" by goethe, a rlly good book i also relate a lot to but also has pretty interesting part about exactly that question in it <3

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Who cares? I know I'm a coward but I'm not cowardly in admitting that I am one. So many aspects of life are far scarier than death and I'd much rather die in the least terrifying ways possible.

Reactions: Spectre, Praestat_Mori and EyesOfNight
markimobzzdeasui

markimobzzdeasui

Life is a cruel joke
Oct 24, 2021
People often say this and I always ask in my mind, way out to what? Like if one is in a war that that person needs to fight but instead that person chooses to remain in the comforts of his home and family, maybe you can say that. But with suicide there is no way out to anything. It's just death, nothingness and complete annihilation of the person's mind,body,reality,life and existence. If anything, the person is maybe taking a courageous step of never experiencing anything in this world which is filled with one distraction after another, one deciet after another, rich and govt tormenting the poor for their pleasure. All this happen in this world because most people are not courageous enough to find answers within themselves whether through religion, spirituality, scepticism, philosophy, science and analytical thinking. In such a case, a suicidal person is even more courageous than most that live here. It's not easy to fight that survival instinct and ultimately end it, that has lead most people to create more generations of humans that suffer because of them and has also led to so many wars and conflicts throughout the human history. That's just my opinion though.

Last edited:
rotciv

rotciv

Something In The Way
Mar 25, 2023
The brave ones can all stay here, I'm out.

Reactions: Spectre, Praestat_Mori and EyesOfNight
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Proud Normie
Sep 19, 2023
I always found it strange when people called suicide "cowardly" because the average person is terrified of death and dying. We all have survival instinct and most people want to live as long as possible. It takes courage to commit suicide. Suicide is not the coward's way out. In fact, it's the opposite. It takes bravery to attempt and I lack this, so I'll probably be forced to keep living against my will
Additionally, the average person will tell you that life is a blessing, right? So how could forgoing that blessing be anything but brave?

It's a stupid expression born from frustration and confusion.

Reactions: sserafim, Praestat_Mori and ijustwishtodie
SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Sitting in the darkness.
Feb 28, 2023
"Cowardice" is a made up idea anyway, to manipulate people into doing things.

Reactions: sserafim, Spectre, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
No, in my case suicide is the rational solution to prevent pointless suffering in an existence that was always so meaningless and undesirable in the first place, I have no interest in having the ability to suffer for decades on end just to die slowly and painfully from old age.

I'd always prefer to not exist no matter what especially as nobody can suffer from the absence of everything, I find comfort in death as it's the one escape from the futile and torturous burden of existing as a human. It's so dreadful to me when people act like suicide is the worst outcome no matter what even know the existence of life was the most horrific tragedy in the first place, there's no point to existing, it's completely unnecessary.

Reactions: sserafim, ijustwishtodie and wsx-rt
F

final_countdown12

Student
May 7, 2024
Depending on the cirscuntance and how it is executed i think its a form of courage.
Cowards surely cant CTB, since its fucking hard.

Reactions: Hollowman and sserafim
trappedinthislife

trappedinthislife

May 13, 2024
Imo, no. Like the others said, it takes a lot of courage to perform such a thing, considering there's guilt, fear and what not. To me, CTB is a way to say "I am tired of hiding in fear, I am tired of tolerating, and I am here to tell the world I have had enough. I'm not afraid anymore. I want to go, and I will."

Reactions: random_user and Yarani
astonishedturnip

astonishedturnip

Like Christine Chubbuck, but sadder
Jan 16, 2024
I was thinking of this on the walk in to work and wondered if we had a thread on this lol. Sixth sense kicking in when it's least needed, as usual.

The truth is that, sometimes it is. If you are a criminal who commits suicide to evade justice or avoid serving your sentence after you hurt or killed innocents, abused children, ruined lives... If you are someone killing themselves to spite an ex, emotionally hurt someone else, avoid supporting a child who needs you (meaning you would rather die than step up as a parent, not a regular parent with depression btw)... Yes, you are a coward, and selfish.

However I doubt this applies to 99% of cases on SaSu. It takes a lot of guts to live, true. But SI is no joke. Our bodies scream at us to live, at all hours (even if our minds don't). It takes serious bravery to go against all of that biological wiring. Moreover there's nothing particularly courageous about suffering through a shitty life. Just feels like masochism at a certain point.

Reactions: wsx-rt
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Not at all. I don't see trying to prevent any future suffering from occurring as cowardly. I see it as rational and logical

Reactions: Hollowman and sserafim
Optimu$

Optimu$

Death Is Non Negotiable
May 10, 2024
In my mind suicide is only ever the cowards way out if you've committed a serious crime (like rape, murder, terrorism etc) and you choose to take your own life after the act.

Suicide outside of this is normally not something I would consider cowardly but should never be done on a whim.