• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Euthanza

Euthanza

Self Righteous Suicide
Jun 9, 2022
I'm not talking about parasuicide and those who want to recover.

This perspective is from my unrecovered suicidal point of view:

1. Suicide prevention is infantilizing suicide by involuntary hospitalization.
2. Suicide prevention is prime opponent of assisted suicide.
3. Suicide prevention is against freedom of bodily autonomy.
4. Suicide prevention is stigmatizing all suicides as mental illness and gaslighting all suicide as parasuicide.
5. Suicide prevention is disrespectful toward one's end of life decision.

Is the torture that suicide prevention (or the society in general) being held against us, the same symptoms and fundamental as what any psychopaths are doing to their victims?

I don't think saying "because I love you" or "it shows how much I care" argument but actually it is against my will, legitimize the torture as necessary medical treatment.

What do you think?

codedarchaeologist

codedarchaeologist

everybody ends up where the river meets the sea
Jan 21, 2023
I think a part of it is that it's difficult for the outsider to gauge whether you're parasuicidal or actually suicidal. And also, like said in this video, people want to believe that suicide is irrational because if their loved one ctbs, and it was a rational action, then they're left wondering whether they contributed to making life so unbearable. And then she also says that a lot of people don't want to face the fact that ctb is an option for themselves, and that's the logical conclusion of accepting the act as rational and therefore a valid option.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
Yes, absolutely. The idea that suicide must be prevented disturbs me, as such a thing is disrespecting a basic human right and just leads to unnecessary suffering and torture being experienced. Suicide prevention makes existence into an obligation that is so prison like, suicidal people are not the property of others, they don't own them, so pro suffering people have no right to decide for them and interfere.
Nothing could ever make suicide prevention justifiable, I think that most who support it are driven by their selfishness and delusions, but it's a very harmful thing to support the prolonging of suffering against the persons wishes.

D

Disaster

Experienced
Jan 24, 2023
Psychopathy is a condition of an individual. Suicide prevention is both organized and individual actions. Certainly those individual actions can be morally wrong and in some cases may be caused by psychopathy. And sometimes not. Sometimes decent people are indoctrinated into being pro-lifers. I may even have some "internalized pro-lifism" myself, though I am doing my best to reevaluate my views and make rational decisions about my stance here. Some people I dearly love, who are compassionate and value consent in other aspects of life are likely pro-lifers when it comes to right to end ones life. Of course some of the "suicide prevention" crowd, and especially the ones who are against the assisted suicide in hopeless medical situations seem to enjoy causing suffering in people. You can see how patronizing can the pro-lifers be against suicidal people. This is absolutely awful.

Reactions: Euthanza
D

discotastrophe

Mar 2, 2023
Yes, absolutely. The idea that suicide must be prevented disturbs me, as such a thing is disrespecting a basic human right and just leads to unnecessary suffering and torture being experienced. Suicide prevention makes existence into an obligation that is so prison like, suicidal people are not the property of others, they don't own them, so pro suffering people have no right to decide for them and interfere.
Nothing could ever make suicide prevention justifiable, I think that most who support it are driven by their selfishness and delusions, but it's a very harmful thing to support the prolonging of suffering against the persons wishes.
i don't agree with all of what you're expressing here but i think it's important to note that in some ways suicide prevention only makes sense on the basis of hpw it affects the loved ones of someone who chooses CTB. which is obviously important in certain ways, but also... having someone who's completely miserable with no desire or ability to recover and live a normal life stay around just to make OTHERS feel better? doesn't make much sense to me from an anti suffering and pro bodily autonomy standpoint. i do think there's something to be said for trying to empower people to make their lives better, or realize that certain problems won't be forever, or that you never know how you might be able to adapt to problems/circumstances in the future and sometimes it feels like you're in an impossible situation just because you can't see the solution until you're on the other side of the problem, but pushing this on people after they've made it clear that it's not helping them, and/or that they really genuinely do not want to recover seems like an infringement on bodily autonomy. especially considering that we're talking involuntary hospitalization, which really does not make the quality of life being lived any better (at the very least not while in the hospital). i think people are too caught up in society's structural definition of right and wrong, good and bad. in nature, death isnt inherently bad. it just is. life is important and so is death. even if it hurts people.

Reactions: Gloom and Euthanza
borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Constantly Sleepy Catgirl
Dec 28, 2022
I personally wouldn't say "psychopathy", as I don't feel comfortable applying such a term to so many people, but I believe that suicide prevention is largely based in short-sighted selfishness. People place more value on human life than on bodily autonomy, which I would consider a big problem.

Gloom

Gloom

Autistic Dumbass
Sep 20, 2020
I wouldn't say suicide prevention is psychopathic though I do understand where you're coming from, but I haven't been hospitalised so I haven't experienced how bad it can get. suicide prevention offers only short-term solutions (prolonging suicidality and making it feel repetitive) and pro-lifers want to think of themselves as loving, these factors make living all the more torturous. The key thing that they don't seem to understand is that choice matters so much when you're facing shit situations and a terrible life that are not the result of your choices at all. trying to take away the choice to ctb is so painful because for some of us there's no feasible way out, and it makes us feel like children that are to be controlled and disciplined.

anything we say relating to our suicidality is brushed off as nonsense or due to very poor mental health. if they really want us to live they should start treating us as humans in need and not some meat-bags that would be burden to take care of when they stop breathing.

H

H.O.Xan

Experienced
Feb 1, 2023
i would rather classify it as narcissism, projected to other ppl. it's like talking to a brick wall

OceanBlue

OceanBlue

Feminist
Jun 13, 2021
The society is made up of pronatalists, denying the right to die is very similar to pronatalism - forcing one's will onto others, exposing them to risks, ignoring the lack of consent.

Sadists, the lot of them.

Pidgeons_Sparrows

Pidgeons_Sparrows

-flying rat
Apr 16, 2023
I'm not talking about parasuicide and those who want to recover.

This perspective is from my unrecovered suicidal point of view:

1. Suicide prevention is infantilizing suicide by involuntary hospitalization.
2. Suicide prevention is prime opponent of assisted suicide.
3. Suicide prevention is against freedom of bodily autonomy.
4. Suicide prevention is stigmatizing all suicides as mental illness and gaslighting all suicide as parasuicide.
5. Suicide prevention is disrespectful toward one's end of life decision.

Is the torture that suicide prevention (or the society in general) being held against us, the same symptoms and fundamental as what any psychopaths are doing to their victims?

I don't think saying "because I love you" or "it shows how much I care" argument but actually it is against my will, legitimize the torture as necessary medical treatment.

What do you think?
It is kind of psychopathy because In reality i think many people prevent *only* because THEY benefit from you being alive

NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
Yes a lot of normie behavior is psychopathic but we accept it because it is common.