• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Squidward

Squidward

This is as brave as I know how to be...
Apr 18, 2018
I don't think it necessarily requires emotion, I've always imagined it being quite difficult to prevent an independent AI from pondering access to it's own power button.

Reactions: sserafim
L

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
It's not inherently rational or irrational. Seems almost pointless to think of it in terms of irrationality since everyone who kills themselves thinks they are acting rationally.

FitsTime

FitsTime

Wizard
Feb 22, 2024
Suicide is comparable to natural death, except you choose the party date and theme!

Every day, just know that you are closer to dying than living; there's no need to decide on death.
I agree.
You die of a natural death, because your body and your mind had enough. When you suicide it is the same, it just happens earlier.

Arihman

Arihman

Efilist, atheist, pro-right to die.
Jun 8, 2023
Unless one commits suicide for reasons that are ultimately detached from reality, such as believing you must kill yourself because otherwise you'll be horribly raped by an invisible demon, it is a rational decision. That's because life can't solve any problem it didn't first create, and the goods can't meet any need that life itself didn't cause you to have.

Remove the need, and you remove all the negatives, without paying any price in deprivation of positives, since the value of that "good" would also be gone. The dead couldn't care less about what goods they would have experienced had they stayed alive, therefore, short of providing evidence of a worse afterlife, any claim that they are worse off for dying is but a case of living people projecting their own addictions onto the dead.

Based on that, and with exceptions such as the one above, suicide is a fully rational decision, because it aligns with the universal interest in avoiding unnecessary suffering. And all suffering in life is ultimately, in the grand scheme of things, unnecessary, because again it's not there for some noble purpose or necessity, it's there only because humans want life to exist. That they want it to exist doesn't prove that life needs to exist, or that its absence would be a tragedy, objectively speaking, however.

Last edited:
Gustav Hartmann

Gustav Hartmann

Arcanist
Aug 28, 2021
I don´t believe in a free will, subconscious algorithms run permanetly and present us their output as our free decision. And yes, like every algorithm they are based on logic.

• Informative
U

uzuf86

Too many mistakes and regrets
Jan 1, 2024
Generally humans are not automatically ctb but then there are unfortunate people like me and others on this site who suffer with endless mental problems that ruin their thinking and reasoning.
Then they fall into that spiral of making mistakes and suffering that never ends until the day comes where things are too late and impossible to fix. All this eventually makes ctb a rational decision