nigelhernandez

nigelhernandez

Experienced
Apr 14, 2020
My doctor is giving me a choice to take anti-androgens (cyproterone acetate) along with a DHT blocker (finasteride) so that my sex drive essentially plummets to the ground. I feel that sex/masturbation is too pointless as it's a never ending search for contemnent.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Homecoming and KleinerWolf
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
My doctor is giving me a choice to take anti-androgens (cyproterone acetate) along with a DHT blocker (finasteride) so that my sex drive essentially plummets to the ground. I feel that sex/masturbation is too pointless as it's a never ending search for contemnent.
Why is he giving you those meds?

Reactions: Fragile
D

Deleted member 8975

Do you have someone you can regularly have sex with? Is it enjoyable and mood lifting? If the answer to any of those questions is yes, don't kill your sex drive. Depressed people need every positive thing we can get!

Reactions: purplesmoothie, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, Good4Nothing and 1 other person
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
It is necessary for life to continue in this planet. Now, necessary for your quality of life seems subjective. You don't seem very interested in sex in the first place (or at least you seem to think it's a waste of time), so I think you'll be mostly fine with a reduced libido. Unless you are used to having it regularly, then I guess it can drastically change your mood.

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc and purplesmoothie
Borghesia

Borghesia

mors certa, hora incerta
Jan 5, 2019
Necessary? Absolutely not.

A waste of time? Literally everything on this planet is. The question is subjective and depends on what you stand to gain from it imo. Like, will taking these meds and killing your sex drive lead to an overall improvement of your wellbeing? If so, go for it.

Also, there's a huge difference between sex and masturbation. Say if you're in a relationship killing your sex drive will not only affect yourself but also your partner, most likely negatively. If you're just masturbating to waste time it's not much of a loss imo. Chances are you're in no condition to be in a healthy relationship anyway.

Reactions: lotus11, purplesmoothie, illneverBPromQueen and 1 other person
BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
The thing I want to know is this:

Cells multiply and, through sperm, cells from a parent become cells of the offspring.
Tracing this back long enough...are we made of dinosaur cells?

Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020

Cells multiply and, through sperm, cells from a parent become cells of the offspring.
I don't think so. I think life branched out enough by the time dinosaurs thrived on this planet, so we are not made of their cells. Chances are we "share" cells from another more ancient being with dinosaurs.

Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
Sex really plays an important role in our lives, it's not necessary to have sex or masturbate in order to live a good life, but many of our interactions and the way we see other people is shaped by sex in more than one way.

Taking hormones that play a role in your sexual functions can have very bad effects in your quality of life, specially if you are already depressed. Your sex drive is only one of many things that are affected by hormones, many other processes in your body will be altered, there's a reason why hormone therapies should be closely monitored with constant blood checks and other tests.

I think that there are less intrusive ways of reducing your sex drive, but doctors nowadays are giving hormones as if they were candy without considering your long-term health, so you should weight the pros and cons of getting into such treatment before taking this decision.

Reactions: miseryh8scompany and mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
I don't think so. I think life branched out enough by the time dinosaurs thrived on this planet, so we are not made of their cells. Chances are we "share" cells from another more ancient being with dinosaurs.
But we still have the same cells as dinosaurs?

Then why don't we have long tails and massive heads?

Shinkansen

Shinkansen

life is pain
Jul 14, 2020
I have never had sex in 28 years, these are sensations that I have never experienced, so I don't miss them and I survive anyway, my problems are other.
I don't care about having children or having a relationship, so sex is superfluous to me.

Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, illneverBPromQueen, Lupgevif and 1 other person
Borghesia

Borghesia

mors certa, hora incerta
Jan 5, 2019

All life on earth has evolved from single cell organisms. Yes in a way, all life is connected, but Homo Sapiens has not evolved from dinosaurs, we are mammals.

Reactions: not4us and Lupgevif
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
You don't miss what you don't want

Reactions: Skathon and purplesmoothie
BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
All life on earth has evolved from single cell organisms. Yes in a way, all life is connected, but Homo Sapiens has not evolved from dinosaurs, we are mammals.
But if we evolved from single cell organisms, why are single cell organisms still around.

As an aside:
God I like acting thick. It entertains me.
We share some cells, but we still have different DNA that gives us different cells.
You mean like how dinosaurs had tail cells and we have brain cells?

Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
But if we evolved from single cell organisms, why are single cell organisms still around.

As an aside:

You mean like how dinosaurs had tail cells and we have brain cells?
Well, I thought you were indeed curious/asking it genuinely, guess there is not much point in answering anymore, lol.

• Love
Reactions: BipolarGuy
Borghesia

Borghesia

mors certa, hora incerta
Jan 5, 2019

As an aside:
Well I'm glad you're just acting lol, I was afraid you might be from some ultra-religious creationist cult lmfao. Which is like, not a bad thing, some people are unlucky, I'd just be surprised if someone didn't know 5th grade biology.

BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
Well I'm glad you're just acting lol, I was afraid you might be from some ultra-religious creationist cult lmfao. Which is like, not a bad thing, some people are unlucky, I'd just be surprised if someone didn't know 5th grade biology.
I thought I might try the old
"If we evolved from monkeys how come there are still monkeys?"
line, but with microorganisms.

If I could have held it together longer I would have gone for
"Why don't we see animals evolve back to what they used to be before?"

Reactions: Deleted member 1465
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019

One of my exes described me as a dinosaur in the bedroom department...
But to answer your question no its not a big waste of time for me as i only last for 2 minutes.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrBlue and mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I thought I might try the old
"If we evolved from monkeys how come there are still monkeys?"
line, but with microorganisms.

If I could have held it together longer I would have gone for
"Why don't we see animals evolve back to what they used to be before?"
Don't :blarg: Many people are still looking for 'The Missing Link.' I found him, he lives in Baisingstoke.

Reactions: Circles and mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020

I used to have sex ALOT when in relationships and always needed a partner who was the same. i couldn't do the whole once a week if your lucky!!! but it slowly dwindled, to the point where i am not bothered about it at all!!! kinda crazy, clearly to do with how i feel/depression and so on. I still find women attractive etc, just have lost all interest, probably because i know i won't be getting involved with another women again.

Last edited:
Reactions: BipolarGuy and mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
Don't :blarg: Many people are still looking for 'The Missing Link.' I found him, he lives in Baisingstoke.
I've never understood thins thing about a missing link, or even what it's referring to!

V

voyager (D)

Jul 14, 2020
At times I took so many psychotropic drugs that my sex drive was almost extinguished. I just felt like a machine that eats, breathes and sleeps. I wouldn't do that if I were you.

purplesmoothie

purplesmoothie

Experienced
Sep 13, 2018
I mean asexual people exist so sex is definitely not necessary

Reactions: lofticries, Skathon, Worthless_nobody and 1 other person
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020
Mmmmm brain chemicals...... can't get me enough.....

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
miseryh8scompany

miseryh8scompany

Student
Dec 20, 2019
DO NOT use finasteride. Very bad drug. It can kill your sex drive, but it can do much worse things to your brain and nervous system. It has driven many people to suicide. The reason that I am on this forum is because I briefly used a medication that is similar to finasteride.

Google "finasteride brain" or "post finasteride syndrome" to understand how horrible a drug this is

Reactions: ADruinedmylife and Viro_Major
Viro_Major

Viro_Major

Rad maker
Jul 30, 2020
DO NOT use finasteride. Very bad drug. It can kill your sex drive, but it can do much worse things to your brain and nervous system. It has driven many people to suicide. The reason that I am on this forum is because I briefly used a medication that is similar to finasteride.

Google "finasteride brain" or "post finasteride syndrome" to understand how horrible a drug this is

Anti-acne drugs...

Indeed, here are the total Finasteride ADRs in WHO database, now exceeding 17,000. Recorded suicide cases hit 80 in the USA alone

2689D5E5 2CC0 4363 9DF7 EA3BE926E0B4

C4A495E5 DF3E 4C1E 8351 9D8E64302DC1

Never follow doctors' recommendations blindly. It's the norm they're leaving their studies under-trained about many many conditions as well as fail to maintain their knowledge up-to-date. It was the case decades ago already and is not bound to change anytime soon. Always DYOR

Last edited:
karaboudjan

karaboudjan

Tired
Sep 24, 2020
I've been taking an anti-androgen for a couple of years and can confirm that a side effect is that it dampens the libido. But my rough understanding is that having no sex hormones in your body is unadvisable because it can cause depression and other nasty things, so be sure to speak to a competent endocrinologist.

Reactions: checkouttime