hfdepression30

hfdepression30

Experienced
Mar 30, 2021
In regards to successful suicides via hanging, does anyone know whether partial or full suspension is the most common?

Not that it matters, I guess, I'm just curious because on TV it's always the classic case of kicking a chair from under your feet, but in reality I wonder if partial suspensions follow the majority of deaths. For example, if someone hangs themselves in the woods, I would assume it's partial suspension unless they took something with them to stand on or climbed the tree first.. what do you think?

I've been planning to leave by charcoal, but I'm wondering if all this planning is just a distraction or delay, and whether it's easier to just follow the majority and leave by hanging

Reactions: death137
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
Full suspension

Reactions: EmptyManForever and LifeQuitter2018
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Agree. Partial suspension seems like a modern method. People in the past used full suspension.
300px-Modern_Problems_Require_Modern_Solutions.jpg

People have access to worse anchor points nowadays :ehh:

• Yay!
Reactions: Lucifer'sRight and LifeQuitter2018
sparkie

sparkie

Student
Mar 14, 2021
I'm with you with the planing thing being a delay Im still not sure if I'll be strong enough to do it but a bottle of vodka might help

Reactions: eternalmelancholy
eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021
I'm with you with the planing thing being a delay Im still not sure if I'll be strong enough to do it but a bottle of vodka might help

I think it is a good idea to lower your inhibitions through the use of alcohol or benzos. But just enough to numb yourself and not too much to the point where you are likely to mess up your attempt.

I also think binding your hands somehow would be a good idea, although I am not sure how to implement this just yet.

Reactions: Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, Ramirez and sparkie