gerot

gerot

Nov 25, 2019
I want to know if i could take those instead of propanolol because this is what i have from one relative. I will try tomorrow one pill of 50 mg metoprolol succinate to see how will react.

L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
Compare ingredients online

Reactions: autumnal, Isadeth and gerot
Isadeth

Isadeth

Visionary
Jun 12, 2020
Since both are beta blockers I don't see why not, but I haven't looked too much into their chemical structure in similarity. There probably is a reason propranolol was the medication of choice, but it could have just been due to propranolol being prescribed fairly easily to most. Definitely look more into it or maybe someone else can chime in with a more concrete answer.

Reactions: autumnal and gerot
L

laserfocus111

Student
Feb 11, 2020
Metoprolol is more cardioselective than propranolol (binds only to beta 1 receptors, instead of beta 1 & 2 receptors where more organs get involved).

That aside, I guess they're just telling you what's tried and tested.

Reactions: autumnal, gerot and Isadeth
gerot

gerot

Nov 25, 2019
I saw that propanolol is not recommended if you have a history of asthma, which I had when I was little and took treatment until I was 15 years old. Until the age of 20 I did not have respiratory attacks and I did not take any treatment because I stopped going to the consultation because my parents thought I was fine. I honestly don't know whether or not to include beta-bloker in the protocol...

Attachments

• 20200623_215218.png
    20200623_215218.png
    430.8 KB · Views: 9