cogmachine

cogmachine

hurk urk blergh
Feb 22, 2023
i have someone i really love, but i don't know how much i can handle living like this. trying to get them to hate me only hurt both of us, now i just feel guilt for planning despite them seeing a future with me. i would like to know whether that one person (or multiple of them) feel more like a burden to you or a reason to continue fighting, a light at the end of the tunnel.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep and devoutweiss
devoutweiss

devoutweiss

Missionary
Mar 5, 2023
I feel you. Living for someone is beyond difficult and you can never be truly certain whether or not you can trust it's the right person to live for. And if it is, one of you need to leave the other first.

Despite this, living for someone healthily can be a source of mortal peace. While we're here, having someone to put us entirely at ease so easily. My person is a light at the end of the tunnel always. If he stays, I'm safe. If he leaves, I will finally be put to eternal sleep.

If you take anything from this, be it this; live for the right person.
Don't live for someone not worth living for. If you need any advice, feel free to ask.

Reactions: cogmachine and AllMyDreams
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That sounds like a difficult situation to be in, I know that at least I could never suffer only for the sake of other people, as the reality is that I was forced here so unfairly and nobody is obligated to continue existing. The fact is that we all have to die and lose everything someday and losing people is just an inevitable consequence of life being brought here. But after all, it's a personal decision deciding what is best.

Reactions: JuliaOnTheNet
D

downndone2

Living in misery
Jan 23, 2022
My grown kids and dogs but it becomes harder everyday! I hate myself so much!

Reactions: stardust00
AllMyDreams

AllMyDreams

Experienced
Dec 12, 2021
I'm undecided whether I'm the only "real" person (and that everything around me is a simulation, since I can't get into the head of other people), or whether the world is real, and people will continue to exist after I die.

I think about ctbing often, but the reason I keep living is because I tell myself: if the world is real, I'll hurt my loved ones a lot by killing myself. And if the world isn't real, then it doesn't matter how much I mess up my life anyway. So I carry on. It honestly takes the pressure off in a way.

Also wholeheartedly agree with @devoutweiss.

Reactions: cogmachine and stardust00
TimeHasCome6

TimeHasCome6

Feb 26, 2023
i have someone i really love, but i don't know how much i can handle living like this. trying to get them to hate me only hurt both of us, now i just feel guilt for planning despite them seeing a future with me. i would like to know whether that one person (or multiple of them) feel more like a burden to you or a reason to continue fighting, a light at the end of the tunnel.
I posted a thread recently related to this and the answer I got consisted of remembering a pro-choice method. I keep giving myself reasons to stay alive, including a mentally I'll sister who has caused some of these problems. It is still a light at the end of the tunnel. If you can't handle it then don't. If you want o stay for them then stay. Simple things can often still be hard. You could try asking this person for help. I'm not saying you need to call 988 or tell somebody your suicidal. Just for emotional help with whatever your going through. Again, you don't have to tell them your suicidal. Just ask for some emotional help. If that doesn't work then maybe that should tell you something. In the end though, it's you're choice. It's your life and you should decide what to do with it. If you want something to live for maybe your are t ready to die yet. If you want to sever connections then maybe you are. Be brave and good luck. I hope you find some peace soon.
I have a few people. I of course have my parents, but lately they have been more of a burden than a light. My sister has BPD and treats me horribly sometimes, but she is in the middle of getting help and I don't want to mess that up. She's also a really cool person when she's not having these problems. I find her a light at the end of my path. I also like somebody and they are a great friend. I can't a
Talk to them about anything without judgment and they almost make me forget my problems. I think that once my sister goes off to a year long residential then it's thier decision weather or not I live. If they reject me I'll probably kill myself and that will be completely fine. I of course find them a light in my path. I hope you can figure things out. Good luck.
I can talk with them* pleas excuse my typo.
*please* lol

Last edited:
Reactions: cogmachine and stardust00
cogmachine

cogmachine

hurk urk blergh
Feb 22, 2023
I posted a thread recently related to this and the answer I got consisted of remembering a pro-choice method. I keep giving myself reasons to stay alive, including a mentally I'll sister who has caused some of these problems. It is still a light at the end of the tunnel. If you can't handle it then don't. If you want o stay for them then stay. Simple things can often still be hard. You could try asking this person for help. I'm not saying you need to call 988 or tell somebody your suicidal. Just for emotional help with whatever your going through. Again, you don't have to tell them your suicidal. Just ask for some emotional help. If that doesn't work then maybe that should tell you something. In the end though, it's you're choice. It's your life and you should decide what to do with it. If you want something to live for maybe your are t ready to die yet. If you want to sever connections then maybe you are. Be brave and good luck. I hope you find some peace soon.
I have a few people. I of course have my parents, but lately they have been more of a burden than a light. My sister has BPD and treats me horribly sometimes, but she is in the middle of getting help and I don't want to mess that up. She's also a really cool person when she's not having these problems. I find her a light at the end of my path. I also like somebody and they are a great friend. I can't a
Talk to them about anything without judgment and they almost make me forget my problems. I think that once my sister goes off to a year long residential then it's thier decision weather or not I live. If they reject me I'll probably kill myself and that will be completely fine. I of course find them a light in my path. I hope you can figure things out. Good luck.
I can talk with them* pleas excuse my typo.
*please* lol
they already know everything about the situation and reason for being suicidal, just doubtful on how it might help, and burdening someone with knowledge is already tough enough to handle with guilt, but they still try with the moral support, which i'm eternally grateful for. thank you for your throughout response and a story. i'm glad both of you are working on it. i hope and wish for the best to the both.
I feel you. Living for someone is beyond difficult and you can never be truly certain whether or not you can trust it's the right person to live for. And if it is, one of you need to leave the other first.

Despite this, living for someone healthily can be a source of mortal peace. While we're here, having someone to put us entirely at ease so easily. My person is a light at the end of the tunnel always. If he stays, I'm safe. If he leaves, I will finally be put to eternal sleep.

If you take anything from this, be it this; live for the right person.
Don't live for someone not worth living for. If you need any advice, feel free to ask.
i understand completely how you feel. one person can make all the difference, as difficult the guilt is to handle, as well as being alive despite the odds being against you in that regard. if they move on i'll rest and there will be no more. how did you realise they were "the one" as you put it?

Last edited: