A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
I spent a bit of time looking for nitrogen to buy. Not much luck.
There is, however, a lot, and I do mean A LOT of stores selling liquid nitrogen. AFAIK liquid nitrogen is just very cold nitrogen.
And so a probably stupid idea came to my head - what if I buy a lot of liquid nitrogen, pour it into... I don't know, a bucket, on the floor, whatever, and just let it evaporate?
What about buying a large tent, setting it up, and then bringing the liquid nitrogen bucket in and sit in there with it? Would that work?

edit: so it turns out nitrogen is somewhat lighter than air. Should I decide on this method, I'd need to make some holes in the tent so that it pushes the oxygen out. Does that sound reasonable?
I don't have any real date yet, so I can safely fuck around with ideas for now.

Last edited:
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
so it turns out nitrogen is somewhat lighter than air. Should I decide on this method, I'd need to make some holes in the tent so that it pushes the oxygen out. Does that sound reasonable?
if its lighter then air then wouldnt it go out the holes instead of the oxygen? kind of like a helium balloon? (unless i have it backwards)

Last edited:
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Nitrogen isn't the only gas in town. If you are in the US, you haven't been looking very hard

A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
Nitrogen isn't the only gas in town. If you are in the US, you haven't been looking very hard
Heh. Yes, that's one of the troubles - I am indeed not in the US.
Argon is a strictly industry thing. Needs all sorts of licenses and strange words I don't understand.
Extra points: biblical sounding words! I'm from Israel.

A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
One of your compatriots was able to obtain both N and fentanyl patches, so that may be an option. He is no longer with us. I'm not sure if helium is an option there either.