he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I don't think it's just that but it is a big part of life

Reactions: Ghost2211, GravityUtilizer and botanormal
StringPuppet

StringPuppet

Lost
Oct 5, 2020
Yes. It actually even happens with other mammals too. Nature is just designed for some to get fucked over

• Aww..
Reactions: Ghost2211, SmellyRat and GravityUtilizer
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Yes, basically. It's an evolutionary trait to want to gain more and be more. It's also an evolutionary trait to see those that are more attractive or successful than us as a source of frustration. Why bother trying to be the alpha if you don't care that the alpha is better than you? It's how nature pushes you to try to be the best and strongest by wanting what the others have.

Personally I just don't give a damn if people are more attractive or more successful.

Reactions: SmellyRat
GravityUtilizer

GravityUtilizer

Born to lose
May 22, 2020
Yes, basically. It's an evolutionary trait to want to gain more and be more. It's also an evolutionary trait to see those that are more attractive or successful than us as a source of frustration. Why bother trying to be the alpha if you don't care that the alpha is better than you? It's how nature pushes you to try to be the best and strongest by wanting what the others have.

Personally I just don't give a damn if people are more attractive or more successful.
Yeah but it's like even when you know things are evolutionary traits 'you' can't stop yourself being the 'you' who wants/is frustrated by these things! And it is indeed frustrating.

• Hugs
Reactions: SmellyRat and Ghost2211
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Yeah but it's like even when you know things are evolutionary traits 'you' can't stop yourself being the 'you' who wants/is frustrated by these things! And it is indeed frustrating.
The purpose of evolutionart traits is to make us do things that will continue the species and better the species as far as nature is concerned. I don't honestly know why some people myself included or excluded from that. I've never cared what anybody else has or what anybody else really thinks. Then again I guess I haven't gotten that far in life, so perhaps lacking that evolutionarily trait is a negative lol

• Hugs
Reactions: GravityUtilizer, Dead beat dad, demuic and 1 other person
Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
I once read a quote one guy wrote it went "I was always giving out about not having any shoes until I came across a person who had no feet".

Reactions: GravityUtilizer, dropdeadfred and Ghost2211
VisionsOfHell

VisionsOfHell

Experienced
Oct 31, 2020
I felt that way too for a bit. Especially the fact that people who won the genetic lottery can have so much disdain for people less fortunate made me very angry. Sometimes just staring at an ugly wall gave me comfort because it was the only thing that didnt mock me(I hope that makes sense). Looking outside and seeing happy, healthy people is still torture to me, knowing that this was once me and will never again be me.

Reactions: GravityUtilizer, dropdeadfred, Ghost2211 and 1 other person
SmellyRat

SmellyRat

Arcanist
Nov 5, 2018
I felt that way too for a bit. Especially the fact that people who won the genetic lottery can have so much disdain for people less fortunate made me very angry.

That pisses me off too.
People are such scumbags.

Reactions: Ghost2211
Dead beat dad

Dead beat dad

Enlightened
Mar 5, 2019
My Grandpoppa used to say:
'the better you look, the more you see'
The media glamourizes wealth and looks and its everywhere you go these days.
You don't need wealth or looks to be kind and nice, sure it helps but give me a skint and plain person with a heart of gold over a wealthy, handsome douchebag any day.
DBD

• Love
Reactions: GravityUtilizer, KleinerWolf, Ghost2211 and 2 others
dropdeadfred

dropdeadfred

Boarding the bus to Everlasting Dreamland ♡
Oct 19, 2020
Yes. It actually even happens with other mammals too. Nature is just designed for some to get fucked over
Not to derail OP's post but... Reeeeeeealllllyyyy. Do you have a link to anything? I can't find anything when I search.

G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
Has always been that way for me. Always been hard to take.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: GravityUtilizer and KleinerWolf
StringPuppet

StringPuppet

Lost
Oct 5, 2020
Not to derail OP's post but... Reeeeeeealllllyyyy. Do you have a link to anything? I can't find anything when I search.

I meant that other species have hierarchies not that they adhere to our standards of beauty lol

Reactions: NightmareTour, dropdeadfred and SmellyRat
Weather

Weather

Student
Oct 18, 2020
I think a large part of life is also watching good things happen to bad people.

• Aww..
Reactions: GravityUtilizer, NightmareTour and SmellyRat
Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
My Grandpoppa used to say:
'the better you look, the more you see'
The media glamourizes wealth and looks and its everywhere you go these days.
You don't need wealth or looks to be kind and nice, sure it helps but give me a skint and plain person with a heart of gold over a wealthy, handsome douchebag any day.
DBD
I think your grandpa was meaning to look harder and deeper to be able to see more. That might be my misunderstanding.

Why do people only look up and never down. The average worldwide income is only around 8000 euro per year. One of my taxi driver once said he'll rent out his house and collect his disability and live like a king in Thailand because the euro goes a long way.

VisionsOfHell

VisionsOfHell

Experienced
Oct 31, 2020
That pisses me off too.
People are such scumbags.
Dont hate the players hate the game. Most people (99% atleast) cant think independantly and act solely based on biology, societal norms etc.

Reactions: GravityUtilizer