nigelhernandez

nigelhernandez

Experienced
Apr 14, 2020
I've been made fun of many times in school for being dark skin. I actually wouldn't mind being black if I was light like Obama or Trevor Noah (though their biracial not black). I was even talking to a friend last year who's female friend said I had a nice voice but I was too dark skinned and had bad teeth.

This adds to suicide fuel.

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Despondent, Woodnote, lostangel and 1 other person
4eyebiped

4eyebiped

Mage
Dec 28, 2019
I am going to be real with you here. Have a seat a moment and hear me out. The biggest problem I see with the above is that you are listening to kids at school. That is no way a reflection of the real world or reality. That is the last place to seek opinions or advice. Kids are stupid, cruel, immature, sheep and another 40 plus words that makes anything they say completely irrelevant.

I already did a post about the psychology of bullies. To summarize, they will say whatever they think will get under your skin. They also choose easy targets.

You being dark skin absolutely does not make you an ugly person. Sure there are preferences, but not absolutes.

Seriously, ignore them. They are simply full of teenage shit.

• Love
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, Searchinghope, madbananas and 5 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Is it worth it to breathe when you have a lung problem?

Edit: The singer Seal is one dark skinned mf with horrible facial scarring, and he was married to Heidi Klume ffs. Give no fucks about what such people think, they are trapped in ignorance, and it is ignorance to give such power over one's life to others who are equally powerless. Far better to have compassion for their narrow mindedness and move on from them, otherwise they are a superfluous anchor on the boat of your life. Their praise would be equally valueless.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, madbananas, Myforevercharlie and 1 other person
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
Is it worth it to date when you're ugly?

Of course it is. You'll never meet someone if you don't try.
There's an abundance of wonderful people out there asking themselves the same question.
Talk to them. You never know what might happen.

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob and Myforevercharlie
mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
If I recall correctly you posted a picture of yourself in another thread and you weren't actually ugly at all. Quite good looking.

Taking your question at face value, I would say yes, it's worth it. You might still find someone you are attracted to.

• Love
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob and FireFox
FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
I've been made fun of many times in school for being dark skin. I actually wouldn't mind being black if I was light like Obama or Trevor Noah (though their biracial not black). I was even talking to a friend last year who's female friend said I had a nice voice but I was too dark skinned and had bad teeth.

This adds to suicide fuel.
@nigelhernandez Hey i am black female too and i have issues with my skin colour ( i am a brown girl). I never come across a black person on this site.
I am 23 how old are you? Are you male or female

Colourism is so rampantent in society people who are mixed race, light skinned black tend to be favoured and desired more by society

It doesnt help with black beauty shops promoting light skin bleaching creams as well as adverts. Constantly seeing light skinned It is natural to feel the way you do . I dont blame you. Our world made you this way

To answer your question yes yes yes!
People deserve happiness and love escpially as we live in this weird world . You deserve love and happiness too
There are lots of people in this world who dont meet society standards of beauty and have go on to find love.
In the Uk there is a show called the undateables in which people with disablities and disfigurements look for love. It so heartwarming to watch

Katie piepr was a model . Very beautiful woman she had acid thrown on her face by her jealous ex boyfrined . she is npw married and had a baby

Love is truly is blind.
All i say say is fuck society as so damm shallow and fuck peoples opinions.
Once you stop giving a fuck it feels so liberating .
An opinion is not fact rememeber.
Live your life, embrace your skin . and more importantly just be a wonderful person you are
There lots of beautiful dark skinned women and men
- naomi campbell
- idris elba the actor
- lupita nyong
Take care love firefox
If I recall correctly you posted a picture of yourself in another thread and you weren't actually ugly at all. Quite good looking.

Taking your question at face value, I would say yes, it's worth it. You might still find someone you are attracted to.
@mathieu that is wonderful thing to say to the person who created the thread
I hope they see this uplifting comment.
@nigelhernandez The People out there who may think you are ugly but the others out there who will see the beautiful person you are.
I hate seeing people feeling sad and upset over peoples mean comments. It is not right and not fair.

Last edited:
Reactions: RileyTanaka
lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
I'd say go for it because why not. I suppose you would need patience because of rejection and people being prejudice. But if you choose to do it. Best of luck.

Reactions: Good4Nothing and Myforevercharlie
Throwawaysoul

Throwawaysoul

Mage
May 14, 2018
Too dark? That's crazy. Dumb white girls spend thousands on tanning products and services. All to end up looking like leather face by the time they're 40.

My teeth are my suicide fuel too. It seems almost EVERY American has prefect, blindly white chiclet teeth.

• Hugs
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob
nigelhernandez

nigelhernandez

Experienced
Apr 14, 2020
Too dark? That's crazy. Dumb white girls spend thousands on tanning products and services. All to end up looking like leather face by the time they're 40.

My teeth are my suicide fuel too. It seems almost EVERY American has prefect, blindly white chiclet teeth.

To be fair, most people who tan their skin don't want to be African dark, they want to be olive tanned like Southern Europeans.

Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Personally I will never date because of my looks, but I feel like this is more of a psychological insecurity problem than one that is a direct result of being ugly.

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob