A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020
I've attempted many times with pills. After researching, I have good confidence with SN. I'd hang completely or partial but have nothing to hang from. But I don't think I'll be able to get my hands on anti-nausea med. What does a botched SN attempt look like? Just vomiting if I can't keep it down?
But I'm giddy happy. Like I'm about to quit a job I hate.

Last edited:
Reactions: eeyore9128, purplesmoothie and falloutcarter13
I

inactive

Student
Jul 26, 2020
SN with the absence of an antiemetic is risky. I wouldn't bother trying without one.

Reactions: purplesmoothie
falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
I'm not taking an antiemetic with mine either. It would just be too hard in my situation and could draw attention and suspicion. Tbh I read just as many failure reports where people puked with the recommended AE dose as I have of people puking without it. SN is a salty poison and your body is going to want to get rid of it either way. Willpower, holding it down as long as possible and redosing when necessary, is what I'm counting on. And there don't seem to be any permanent consequences of failing with SN, none that I've read.

• Hugs
Reactions: ninaevol, eeyore9128, alexit and 1 other person
nerve

nerve

fat cringey shut-in
Jun 19, 2019
Unsuccessful SN attempts can be due to either user error or medical intervention. If someone measures incorrectly, doesn't have a second dose on hand, honestly throws it all up (seems rare) or whatever, it seems like they just wake up and feel weird for a few hours / days. If emergency services gets to you, they give Methylene blue, which helps the blood start carrying oxygen properly again and there's no real lasting damage.

The anti-emetic thing is a big topic of discussion. There are lots of instances of people taking an AE, but then throwing up, and dying anyway. General consensus seems to be that AEs are important for an SN CTB, but not a hard requirement.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...nd-experiences-information-google-docs.29900/

A lot of stories here of people vomiting whether or not they took an AE. The failed attempts section might be of particular interest to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: alexit and falloutcarter13
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
No, it isn't weird to be excited about being finally able to end all the suffering.

Reactions: SeekingPeace2000, purplesmoothie, stillweary and 2 others
A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020
Unsuccessful SN attempts can be due to either user error or medical intervention. If someone measures incorrectly, doesn't have a second dose on hand, honestly throws it all up (seems rare) or whatever, it seems like they just wake up and feel weird for a few hours / days. If emergency services gets to you, they give Methylene blue, which helps the blood start carrying oxygen properly again and there's no real lasting damage.

The anti-emetic thing is a big topic of discussion. There are lots of instances of people taking an AE, but then throwing up, and dying anyway. General consensus seems to be that AEs are important for an SN CTB, but not a hard requirement.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...nd-experiences-information-google-docs.29900/

A lot of stories here of people vomiting whether or not they took an AE. The failed attempts section might be of particular interest to you.
thanks. I've read and researched the how but didn't know about the failures thread. Named after me :)

• Hugs
Reactions: nerve
RedDEE

RedDEE

Life sucks and then you die.
May 10, 2019
Getting your hands on anti-nausea medicine is EASY. Just walk down to the store and steal some. Hell, Benadryl acts as a semi-effective anti nausea medicine, and it will sedate you, too.

A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020
Getting your hands on anti-nausea medicine is EASY. Just walk down to the store and steal some.
But I thought it had to be prescription not just stuff you could buy at a pharmacy without a prescription.

RedDEE

RedDEE

May 10, 2019
But I thought it had to be prescription not just stuff you could buy at a pharmacy without a prescription.

The prescription stuff probably works better than Over The Counter stuff - but OTC will be somewhat effective, too. Better than nothing, right?

A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020
The prescription stuff probably works better than Over The Counter stuff - but OTC will be somewhat effective, too. Better than nothing, right?
I don't know. If you say so. I thought it acted differently but I'll look again.

falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
I don't know. If you say so. I thought it acted differently but I'll look again.
You can't get the proper antiemetic OTC in most countries. Even if you could, you wouldn't want to follow @RedDEE 's advice...getting caught stealing an antiemetic would just make a bad situation worse. You want something with a dopaminergenic MOA to effectively suppress the nausea caused by SN - there's a pretty comprehensive list of meds that will work on Stan's Guide, in the research section.

RedDEE

RedDEE

May 10, 2019
Sorry to give bad advice. I'm sort of a hoodlum, and shoplifting is the norm for me.

I don't know much about SN, but I am somewhat of a drug geek. I didn't realize it would need a special type of anti-emitic to work. I thought all antiemitics were the same - ya learn something knew everyday. Sorry people!

Reactions: alexit and falloutcarter13
A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020
Sorry to give bad advice. I'm sort of a hoodlum, and shoplifting is the norm for me.

I don't know much about SN, but I am somewhat of a drug geek. I didn't realize it would need a special type of anti-emitic to work. I thought all antiemitics were the same - ya learn something knew everyday. Sorry people!
No worries. You were offering advice. It's on me to research. Thanks for taking the time.

Reactions: falloutcarter13