• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Does western cultures make people more bubbly?

• Yes

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Maybe..

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • I dunno...

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
I feel that Asian-asians are kinda weird apart from the mainstream Korean or Japanese cultures that people enjoy, and I'm probably not even a fan of Korean culture at all, but seem to be fond of Japanese cultures.

I seem to prefer being around westernised asians a lot more than say a person who live in Asia all their life.
I'm not sure if it's because I feel more connected to westernised asians,
but I'm certainly more inclined to hear about their lifestyle or life in general.
Something about western cultures that makes people more bubbly and creative.

I find that quite fascinating,

what do u make of it?

Reactions: Sensei
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Yeah, it could be. It's all about the different culture.
For example, it's not the same a spanish speaker from Spain than one from Argentina (just like me) lol

• Love
Reactions: KleinerWolf
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
FOBs who become Americanized after a year are some of the most shallow and materialistic people I ever met. Everything must be Gucci, LV, Mercedes, and Audi. Anything less and they look down on you like you're a peasant. The women in particular always have some old geriatric American around them but they only see him as a wallet. 20 something year old Thai woman with a 75 year old retired American is pretty common sight.

Asians born in America adopt the same attitudes as white Americans. Some are humble and down to earth, some are stuck up and snobby. I think every race has them.

KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
FOBs who become Americanized after a year are some of the most shallow and materialistic people I ever met. Everything must be Gucci, LV, Mercedes, and Audi. Anything less and they look down on you like you're a peasant. The women in particular always have some old geriatric American around them but they only see him as a wallet. 20 something year old Thai woman with a 75 year old retired American is pretty common sight.

Asians born in America adopt the same attitudes as white Americans. Some are humble and down to earth, some are stuck up and snobby. I think every race has them.
FOBs are not westernised,
Besides only tacky asians dig luxury items anyway.
I believe that's not a general trend for Americans.

When I said westernised asians, I guess you could say I was referring to those who grew up in western countries since birth/early on in life or those who naturally adopted the local environment.

Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
I consider myself to be pretty westernised because I was born and grew up in the UK. I do prefer other Asians who are like me as we have a similar mindset/similar experiences etc and I can relate to them more. I don't know if I'd say that western cultures make people more bubbly.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
As a Westernized Asian, I do find it far easier to get along with other Westernized Asians. I don't really get what you mean by more bubbly though. Do you mean they get more obsessed with bubble tea? Because that practically becomes some Asians' whole personality.

S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
As a Westernized Asian, I do find it far easier to get along with other Westernized Asians. I don't really get what you mean by more bubbly though. Do you mean they get more obsessed with bubble tea? Because that practically becomes some Asians' whole personality.
LOL, boba tea is the shiznit though. It's like any other person's obsession with Starbucks. I think more westernized asians are open minded about things or at least liberal in their thought process, whereas real asians tend to be conservative, a bit nationalistic of their respective countries, but still love westernized materialism.

Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
I'm an Asian born in India but lived most of my life in Europe. Yes the Asian here integrated to the culture of here Asian in India follow their own culture norms.

• Love
Donk

Donk

Useless since day 1
Jan 3, 2020
I'm a westernized Asian and I'm far from bubbly. I find Asian cultures very interesting especially Japanese. I love their language, food and cars. OP I get a sense from reading your threads that you have an issue with your ethnicity. Sounds kinda cheesy but you can't expect others to love you if you don't accept yourself for who you are in the first place. Peace.

• Love
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
I'm a westernized Asian and I'm far from bubbly. I find Asian cultures very interesting especially Japanese. I love their language, food and cars. OP I get a sense from reading your threads that you have an issue with your ethnicity. Sounds kinda cheesy but you can't expect others to love you if you don't accept yourself for who you are in the first place. Peace.
you'd only support something if it's your spiritual truth.
pretending you are someone you are not just because others expect you to doesn't make sense to me.
I love myself for who I am, not what others expect me to be.
Thanks for the advice tho.

It's good that people like Asia.
I'm all for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime
S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
I've always thought the opposite after having travelled in asia for many years and growing up in the west and taking a liking to asian people there and at home as well. I generally dislike the culture of my home country (US) as it places a high value on stupid things like contact sports (NFL), fast food, insane suburban transit schemes, etc. But my view is that most of the asians who come into the US won't have the dysfunctions of the US Rub off on them too hard until the third generation. But people must know traditional culture is eroding even in asia.