• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Tommysway

Tommysway

Apr 18, 2024
Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum and English isn't my first language, so bare with me.

I have though about cbt for many years but never took real steps to realize it, until a few months ago. Won't bore you with the details, but I feel that life ain't gonna be comfortable for me ever. Lost hope and don't see reasons to continue fighting to make myself comfortable/happy

Yet I still feel the strong urge to talk with people about it, that a close to me. Especially close friends. Maybe because it would make me feel less lonely or maybe I want someone to validate my decision or maybe, deep down, i just want someone to talk me out of it.

Anyways i don't feel it's fair to put someone in that position and i feel that it is useless anyways, because my feeling towards life isnt gonna change. What do you think ? Do you talk about it? And if so, does it help you in anyway?

Last edited:
B

bipbapbop

Experienced
Mar 7, 2024
It depends on who your friend is but I wouldn't really recommend it. I thought my bff would understand because she has passive SI but instead she just freaked out when I told her I tried to CTB. Now I feel like I have someone watching me instead of supporting me.

Upvote 0
catladyJ

catladyJ

Apr 17, 2024
In my experience, it can be very hard on other people, especially close friends and family. I have one friend that I talk about it with, but I'm wracked with guilt every time I do, which is part of why I've joined this forum. She wants to know if I decide to CTB and for our relationship I think that's fair, but I don't want to cause her undue stress and worry by talking it out beforehand.

Upvote 0
halleyscomet

halleyscomet

halley
Mar 26, 2024
Yes.

Does it do anything? No. Will it cause you more pain in the long run? Absolutely. But for me personally, I wouldn't want people to be blind sighted by my ctb I find it needlessly cruel. I choose to be as open and honest as possible, if I'm going to exit from this world either way I may as well do it with nothing left to hide.

Upvote 1
Eudaimonic

Eudaimonic

I want to fade away.
Aug 11, 2023
I'd say it generally is, especially since most people are not pro-choice and tend to react negatively. If they are depressed or suicidal themselves, they may understand better, but it's highly dependent on the person. I try to avoid it, but I still sometimes mention it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
AkaRed

AkaRed

Come on! Let’s go, we’ll make our future together.
Apr 20, 2023
Really REALLY depends on the friend, what they know of your mental health, what you know of theirs, shared history, everything.

Most people don't react very well in my experience, and its understandable as to why, but its often just made me feel worse. Not to be overly pessimistic, but it is worth thinking about if you don't think you can handle a negative reception from them.

If they're good to you, they'll listen and try their best to help. Wishing you the best.

<3

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov
Upvote 0
L

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
Depends. I've had the range of responses from complete acceptance to having the cops sicced on me.

Upvote 0
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Depends if you want to CTB or you want help.

If you want to CTB then talking to others is a bad idea as we have a moral obligation to intervene.

If you want help or are not sure then a friend is a good start.

Upvote 0
BlockHammer

BlockHammer

Confused loser
Oct 25, 2023
Maybe first you have to know what tkind of person you want to share with, i have some good friend of mine, they were good people but they absolutely not build for suicidal talk like this. In fact i can guess judging by their belief and how do they talk about a certain topic that most of my friend aren't build for suicidal convo. I know this's gonna be cliche but yeah like everybody said, better know your friend tendancy first when it came to sensitive topic

Upvote 0
E

Endisclose

Experienced
Oct 23, 2023
CBT is cognitive behavioural therapy which is a legitimate subject of discussion with friends.. I presume you mean CTB here.. which is not so straightforward. You may talk about it if you're seeking help. If you wanna CTB you can't expect them to be quiet. I think it would be a litmus test of sorts for the friendship anyway.

I think over the course of time even if the friend were "understanding" it'll be a strain on the relationship and people's patience wears out eventually and one gets abandoned. One can find help by oneself on the internet.. Or maybe go to a landmark forum.. Maybe the friend can point you towards something like that.. That could help. I'd avoid talking about it repeatedly. Nobody likes a moaner. I've found the truth about that all too painfully so..

Last edited:
Upvote 0