• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

ChildrensITV

ChildrensITV

Arcanist
Mar 14, 2023
I am a figuratively-dribbling, depressed, tormented, unproductive mess. I am on the verge of tears most of the time. Nothing gives me a respite except sleep. I look forward to drinking at the weekend but for what? It doesn't even make me tipsy anymore. It's more like a placebo that makes me bloated. I used to play videogames - my one escape left. But I open the game, and within 20 seconds, I don't give a fuck about doing the mission.

The last 2 weeks, I have barely applied for jobs. I have had interviews but only cuz of applications I did weeks ago. I was crying 30 min before one interview recently. I hold it together just barely for the remote interview to happen, then I slouch back in my chair, again unable to do anything. I've been going through depression most of my life but the last few years have been rough, and then a recent loss over the last 2 months, culminating in a bigger loss in the last 2 weeks, has completely destroyed me.

I was a broken teenager. I am a broken man. If there were a fix that kept me alive, I would have found it by now. All that is happening is that I am getting older, missing out on more experiences, becoming more unattractive, less qualified, more depressed, and further behind my peers or even people younger than me.

The cloud of anxiety and depression is always there. Trying to have any positive or constructive thought is like trying to speak over an orchestra of anguish. I just get drowned out. I go to make a cup of tea: I get my cup, the cloud is there. I boil the kettle. The cloud is there while I wait. I go to the fridge to get milk. The cloud is there. It's always there. It's a constant backdrop. A constant background hum to my brain and soul.

It's so blatantly obvious that my life is a failure. I would have some thinking to do if I were at least successful in my career - if I had one success to my name in the last decade or so. I would need to think if this is the right thing to do. If my life hadn't been a failure for decades, there might be hope of recovering the real me. But things are so far gone and have been bad for so long that I don't need to think if this is the right thing to do. The only thing to think is: Can I muster the "selfishness", courage and resources to end it?

If I could just stop the cloud of anxiety and depression over me for a few hours a day, that would be something, but I can't unless I am sleep. I can't sleep all day and night. The only thing I can do to stop the unbearable anguish is sleep forever.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: whatevs, HopelessSoul, TimetoGo! and 9 others
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
The cloud of anxiety and depression is always there. I just get drowned out. I go to make a cup of tea: I get my cup, the cloud is there. I boil the kettle. The cloud is there while I wait. I go to the fridge to get milk. The cloud is there. It's always there. It's a constant backdrop.
It sounds like my problem (GAD) is like since then i can't be calm, no matter what you are doing, it's torturing.

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: ChildrensITV, freevoid and leavingsoon99
L

leavingsoon99

I'm at peace... Finally.
Mar 16, 2023
It's so blatantly obvious that my life is a failure. I would have some thinking to do if I were at least successful in my career - if I had one success to my name in the last decade or so.
Same. I have to make up reasons why I get out of bed every morning. I sometimes wonder what actually pushes (people who I would consider...) successful people over the edge to CTB. That's what I'm doing right now, is mustering up the courage and boost to do it. I don't even think about the pain anymore. Like you, I just want it to be over. Also like you, sleep is my one getaway from it all. I look forward to sleeping. My wish for you is to find peace, whatever you decide.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: ChildrensITV and freevoid
U

Unending

-
Nov 5, 2022
I'm really sorry, I feel for you and really relate.
Trying to have any positive or constructive thought is like trying to speak over an orchestra of anguish. I just get drowned out. I go to make a cup of tea: I get my cup, the cloud is there. I boil the kettle. The cloud is there while I wait. I go to the fridge to get milk. The cloud is there. It's always there. It's a constant backdrop. A constant background hum to my brain and soul.
I experience this. Any task is turned into torture by that cloud that follows if I don't be sure to completely zone out at all times. You couldn't of said it better.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ChildrensITV and freevoid
tiredangelgirl

tiredangelgirl

i'm sorry i'm trying my best
Aug 1, 2022
I felt this so deeply it hurts, sending you love and hope you feel some joy soon

• Hugs
Reactions: ChildrensITV, freevoid and BBBB
B

BBBB

Jan 13, 2023
"I am a figuratively-dribbling, depressed, tormented, unproductive mess. I am on the verge of tears most of the time. Nothing gives me a respite except sleep"

SAME HERE! šŸ˜ž

• Hugs
Reactions: freevoid
freevoid

freevoid

Student
Jul 11, 2022
I strongly relate to your experience, especially this:

The cloud of anxiety and depression is always there. Trying to have any positive or constructive thought is like trying to speak over an orchestra of anguish. I just get drowned out. I go to make a cup of tea: I get my cup, the cloud is there. I boil the kettle. The cloud is there while I wait. I go to the fridge to get milk. The cloud is there. It's always there. It's a constant backdrop. A constant background hum to my brain and soul.

CBT or meditation or positive affirmation is absolutely laughable in case like that. Like giving someone a rain jacket and telling them to walk into a hurricane, they'll be alright! -_- This is my 24/7 experience. I don't even get respite from sleep due to being an insomniac and having nightmares every single night.

Sorry you are suffering so bad

I hope we all find peace

Reactions: Zegers, heartbroken12 and leavingsoon99
ChildrensITV

ChildrensITV

Arcanist
Mar 14, 2023
CBT or meditation or positive affirmation is absolutely laughable in case like that. Like giving someone a rain jacket and telling them to walk into a hurricane, they'll be alright! -_-

Spot-on.

Reactions: Zegers and leavingsoon99
TimetoGo!

TimetoGo!

Mage
Aug 30, 2022
I am a figuratively-dribbling, depressed, tormented, unproductive mess. I am on the verge of tears most of the time. Nothing gives me a respite except sleep. I look forward to drinking at the weekend but for what? It doesn't even make me tipsy anymore. It's more like a placebo that makes me bloated. I used to play videogames - my one escape left. But I open the game, and within 20 seconds, I don't give a fuck about doing the mission.

The last 2 weeks, I have barely applied for jobs. I have had interviews but only cuz of applications I did weeks ago. I was crying 30 min before one interview recently. I hold it together just barely for the remote interview to happen, then I slouch back in my chair, again unable to do anything. I've been going through depression most of my life but the last few years have been rough, and then a recent loss over the last 2 months, culminating in a bigger loss in the last 2 weeks, has completely destroyed me.

I was a broken teenager. I am a broken man. If there were a fix that kept me alive, I would have found it by now. All that is happening is that I am getting older, missing out on more experiences, becoming more unattractive, less qualified, more depressed, and further behind my peers or even people younger than me.

It's so blatantly obvious that my life is a failure. I would have some thinking to do if I were at least successful in my career - if I had one success to my name in the last decade or so. I would need to think if this is the right thing to do. If my life hadn't been a failure for decades, there might be hope of recovering the real me. But things are so far gone and have been bad for so long that I don't need to think if this is the right thing to do. The only thing to think is: Can I muster the "selfishness", courage and resources to end it?

If I could just stop the cloud of anxiety and depression over me for a few hours a day, that would be something, but I can't unless I am sleep. I can't sleep all day and night. The only thing I can do to stop the unbearable anguish is sleep forever.
I feel your pain brother. Very difficult to lift that dark cloud once it grabs you.

O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022

'The cloud of anxiety and depression is always there', that's me also, in spades