its-about-time

its-about-time

nope
Mar 19, 2022
Idk. People kill themselves all the time. Lots of people. My close friend, two of her clients separately did that last night, and it has me once again thinking about how it's not the end of the world. Don't get me wrong. It's sad and I'm trying to be sensitive to my friend. But it just seems inconsequential. People take their lives, some of those around them will suffer maybe tremendously, but life is full of suffering anyways— and the rest of the world keeps on spinning.

So what if I die? I pulled my SN out of its hiding spot and assembled my anti-nausea and anxiety cocktail into its own special bottle after that friend left today. Would it be such a big deal if I just went for it? Why do I need to be sure it's "what I really want" or really care in the first place?

• Hugs
Reactions: conveniently_dead, Un-, DarkRocket and 5 others
C

Carlotta16

The Best I Can Do is Nothing
Mar 16, 2022
Idk. People kill themselves all the time. Lots of people. My close friend, two of her clients separately did that last night, and it has me once again thinking about how it's not the end of the world. Don't get me wrong. It's sad and I'm trying to be sensitive to my friend. But it just seems inconsequential. People take their lives, some of those around them will suffer maybe tremendously, but life is full of suffering anyways— and the rest of the world keeps on spinning.

So what if I die? I pulled my SN out of its hiding spot and assembled my anti-nausea and anxiety cocktail into its own special bottle after that friend left today. Would it be such a big deal if I just went for it? Why do I need to be sure it's "what I really want" or really care in the first place?
I completely agree with you

Reactions: its-about-time
S

Seeking_Peace

Arcanist
May 18, 2022

You're right.

Reactions: its-about-time
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I do not see my death as being a big deal at all personally, after all my life is so meaningless and insignificant, and death is inevitable for us all anyway. Life is just a pointless experience that we go through for the sake of it. We will all be forgotten about someday and that is just the way that life is. I feel like people make a big deal out of death as it is sad for those left behind and many people fear it, but as you said if someone was to die the world would just carry on.

Reactions: Un-, DarkRocket and its-about-time
rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
We all die. It's just a question of when. So it doesn't matter. I've never achieved anything and never will. I really don't understand why I'm still here. I'm barely human. I don't want help. My life can't be solved.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lost in a Dream, Dead Meat, Hollowman and 2 others
Judy Garland

Judy Garland

HoHum
Mar 23, 2022
We all die. It's just a question of when. So it doesn't matter. I've never achieved anything and never will. I really don't understand why I'm still here. I'm barely human. I don't want help. My life can't be solved.
I'm with you there.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat and rationaltake
O

outatime_85

Warlock
May 17, 2022
Not only does my life not matter, I have made so many bad choices that it is unrecoverable, and even if I wanted help, I do not have a family structure that would allow for that.

That said, when the clock stops or I stop the clock myself, no one in my family will miss me or shed any tears.

Even though everyone knows I am suffering, if I cashed out on my terms, they would still ask the standard question: "Why didn't they ask for help?"

It's like some people who say if you need anything, just ask, but in the back of their mind, they are hoping you don't ask them for anything.

The whole thing is just symbolic.

• Hugs
Reactions: DarkRocket, Dead Meat, Deleted member 31858 and 2 others
September5th

September5th

You can get better. But the choice is always ours.
May 17, 2022
Well, it's the end of the world, but only for the person who went ahead and did it. That's the beauty of it, I guess.

• Love
Reactions: Dead Meat, its-about-time and rationaltake
rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
Well, it's the end of the world, but only for the person who went ahead and did it. That's the beauty of it, I guess.
Die and the world dies with you.

• Love
Reactions: Dead Meat and its-about-time
C

chloramine

Arcanist
Apr 18, 2022
I think it depends? My life means almost nothing to me and dying would be more of a relief than anything, but losing one of the people I care about would be devastating. I would never force them to stay alive, but I would try to help make living not suck.

I also think suicide is a big deal in the sense of how it reflects upon our world. If someone kills themselves, that doesn't mean they made a bad or illogical decision. It can be a sign that our society is screwed up and hurting people and I think that's a big deal.

Reactions: Lost in a Dream and DarkRocket