heavyeyes

heavyeyes

Oct 9, 2022
It seems like no matter what I say my loved ones will interpret my suicide however they want to. Nothing I say will spare them any pain. They will inevitably make my death about themselves.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Reflection, the_path_of_sorrows, ebg and 8 others
Kinasea

Kinasea

Oct 1, 2024
Well im not sure if your religious, but assuming dying is how i imagine it you wont be able to care or not. i guess what you leave in a letter depends on what you want. Theyll probably be sad no matter what you say, so just say whatever you wanna say and let whatever you want be known. And even if you dont wanna leave a letter thats ok too! At the end of the day its about what you wanna do and however they take it is however they take it

Reactions: heavyeyes
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I'm sorry you have to go through this. When I was very suicidal last year and every time I tried to write a note my brain was empty like a void. I didn't really know what to write or say at all. However, a while ago I found a draft - very simple, basically it says "I'm free from my pain". If loved ones/friends don't understand the desire to die bc of unsolvable problems we are suffering from during our life time it's pretty hard and probably still impossible to understand why there was no other option for us regardless how detailed our note ever is.

• Love
Reactions: lv-nii and heavyeyes
coolgal82

coolgal82

she/her, terminally silly :3
Sep 10, 2024
i would feel bad if i didnt, atleast for my online friends cus theyd have no idea.

borderlinee

borderlinee

Oct 6, 2023
Honestly I don't think it matters at all once you're dead, but I'll probably leave something for my friends. It's not really worth it, just if you want to.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Personally yes, I think it's worth leaving something. I just think it shows you cared enough about their feelings to try and explain it. I've appreciated it when loved ones left me notes after natural deaths.

Plus, just in terms of legality, it makes it clearer that it was a suicide and no one else was involved.

You can always write that words likely won't be enough to explain it all but you want to try and express how you felt.

I suppose it depends on what you're trying to achieve with the note. I'd hope that mine might go some way to alleviate any guilt. As in- I purposefully didn't tell people because there's nothing they could have done to help and, I didn't want them to try to stop me. This is something I wanted since childhood. Plus, to ask them to forgive me if they feel angry. That it wasn't my intention to hurt them. That I hung on for as long as I could.

Do you know what you want to express to them?

• Love
Eole2.0

Eole2.0

LF FR/German CTB partner
Aug 27, 2024
At first I wanted to say many things but the more I think about it, the more we don't care about the reasons. What really matters in the end is to make sure that the person to whom this note is intended does not feel guilty.
I think of my mother saying that and our violent past to suffer the repeated assaults of my father being younger and I have long resented him for not having left with us but it happens from time to time to put me in her place and imagine that she was and is still under His grip 30 years later. I don't blame her anymore... In the end, my farewell note will only contain words of kindness for her even if, as she has often said to me, she will die of grief....
But in other hand she just think I was sick and it was unavoidable thing

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I don't think a suicide note can spare any pain of your family or get them to interpret your life the way you want them to. However, a suicide note can be used for closure and, for that alone, it's worth it to write a suicide note

Reactions: heavyeyes and alienfreak
Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sleep is good, death is better.
Sep 2, 2024
I think it's worth doing to offer closure and at least some sort of explanation (if they aren't already aware of your reasons). But you're not obligated to provide this for them, and you don't have to leave a note behind if you don't want to.

Reactions: heavyeyes and alienfreak
Tommen Baratheon

Tommen Baratheon

1+1=3
Dec 26, 2023
I think leaving no note at all will be worse for the ones left behind. They may never understand the choice you made, but I would still leave a note.

Reactions: heavyeyes, jusbug and alienfreak
A

athiestjoe

Passenger
Sep 24, 2024
Absoulutely a personal preference. For me, at least, I am leaving behind (it is already written) an explaination, reassurance that absolutely nobody including them had any part of my decision. I admit I do feel a little selfish as I do ask them to please not have any sorrow or sadness and to continue living their lives happily. It does feel hypocrtical of me to make such a request and I have considered removing any sort of request like that but ultimately I don't want anyone to linger on the thought of me or to think they could/should have done anything. It's my choice and so I do feel obliged to explain this was not a whim, not impulse but something that was well thought out.

Whatever you decide though is your decision to make and there is no right or wrong answer to this.

I hope you find everything you are looking for and get peace & serenity, with whatever you opt to do.

• Love
T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
I think if I was going to do it, I would write a note. I promised a friend who knows my struggles that they would receive one last message from me but they wiped their socials so they won't see it until after likely because I think they plan on coming back in a few months. I'd also leave one for other people I feel are important in my life and also just one general note to everyone explaining why and all that. In total, so long as I'm not forgetting anything, I'm thinking it would probably be about 6 notes or so.

Anyways, I do think you should just because of closure.

heavyeyes

heavyeyes

Oct 9, 2022
Thank you everyone so much for the helpful replies ❤

I decided I should write at least one note to my father since I think he's the one who will take my loss the hardest. I'll owe him an explanation above anyone else because he's always been there to support me one way or another. I just wish it was easier. When I try to write anything I cry

• Love
Reactions: yellowjester and tinyboxer
yellowjester

yellowjester

Experienced
Jun 2, 2024

I decided I should write at least one note to my father since I think he's the one who will take my loss the hardest. I'll owe him an explanation above anyone else because he's always been there to support me one way or another. I just wish it was easier. When I try to write anything I cry
Reading your posts always warms my heart

T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021

I think that's the right thing to do (I use 'right' loosely because there really is no right or wrong, It just feels right to me).I hope your father can find comfort and closure in the note and the explanation. I've attempted to write a suicide note and it certainly isn't easy in the slightest, but maybe a few tips can help. Try to write in short bursts, stopping when you feel tears coming, or maybe start with a rough draft that no one will read, just to get your thoughts out which you can refine later. Taking your time is the biggest part. The option of ctb will always be there if you want to create that note first at your own pace.