• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

obei

obei

This is the only place where you can say “kys”
Aug 4, 2023
So I have F32.1 diagnosis, and Ive been struggling and developing depression since I was 12.
Also I have symptoms of BPD, but not quite a diagnosis because I have all the symptoms due to early childohood trauma (all this is what my doctor said)
So like, if I decide not to ctb, will I be able to live okay life with all this?
I have quite an issue with motivation and making myself do all the things I have to do, sometimes not even doing it even tho its really important (my mother called me lazy, so it might be laziness idk)
Also I have severe, and I mean severe attachment issues since I was 11 or 12.
I dont wanna let anybody down by ctbing… I mean there isnt a lot of people that care about me, but I do have a supportive family, a best friend, and a great doctor (that I got attached to ofc 💀)
Im so sad rn, I wanna ctb and stop my misery so badly but I dont want people to suffer because of me…

• Hugs
Reactions: ForgottenAgain, SVEN, lament. and 1 other person
H

Hotsackage

Paragon
Mar 11, 2019
Exercise and meditation, you will be OK. And maybe an antidepressant if it bothers u a lot

• Hmph!
  • Aww..
Reactions: UKscotty, ForgottenAgain, forfever and 4 others
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
Exercise and meditation, you will be OK. And maybe an antidepressant if it bothers u a lot
I've been exercising for years and meditating serveral days for half a year. Also been on Zoloft for about 9 months now. So uhhhh..when will it cure me? You seem pretty sure of yourself, clearly not pulling facts out of your ass, right? Any day now surely…
So I have F32.1 diagnosis, and Ive been struggling and developing depression since I was 12.
Also I have symptoms of BPD, but not quite a diagnosis because I have all the symptoms due to early childohood trauma (all this is what my doctor said)
So like, if I decide not to ctb, will I be able to live okay life with all this?
I have quite an issue with motivation and making myself do all the things I have to do, sometimes not even doing it even tho its really important (my mother called me lazy, so it might be laziness idk)
Also I have severe, and I mean severe attachment issues since I was 11 or 12.
I dont wanna let anybody down by ctbing… I mean there isnt a lot of people that care about me, but I do have a supportive family, a best friend, and a great doctor (that I got attached to ofc 💀)
Im so sad rn, I wanna ctb and stop my misery so badly but I dont want people to suffer because of me…
Yeah, absolutely possible to have depression, especially if it runs in the family, I think that's why I got it so bad. I think the BPD symptoms are key here, and despite the fact that some people pull advice out of their ass to fucking cute you or whatever, the fact is that you are LITERALLY DIAGNOSED and that's a fact. One thing about depression is that it likes to tell you it's all in your head (which funny enough is kinda true, depression do be in the brain) but it's not. Trust me, I've been there, depression is weird like that. Sometimes I try to die and other times I feel like I'm just overreacting and I think I'm just a normal person deluding myself (I'm not, depression isn't a fun thing to have and nobody would every have it for fun!)

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: LetMeBeSad, obei, MiMif and 2 others
H

Hotsackage

Paragon
Mar 11, 2019
I never said it would cure you lol. It will help you cope in stressfull situations, and just go with the flow as they say. It is not easy, and hell I will never be cured and I have the book of clinical mental illness. But moods change over time, it's up to you to decide the threshold you're willing take.

Reactions: forfever and divinemistress36
lament.

lament.

the Immortal
Jun 28, 2023
I used to have meditation in yoga classes in school, then later in life every week during my college tutor. That was honestly the point I dreaded most in my school/college life. Being alone with only my thoughts was horrible, meditation is (for me at least) was something that only made me feel worse, but I do think it's worth at least trying at least once if you believe it's something that won't having lasting negative effects on you. However if, like me - you do feel worse after I would recommend you stop rather than convincing yourself to carry on, feeling forced to do so or having false hope that it can help will only leave you feeling more empty, in my experience.

Anti-depressants are a whole other thing that are pretty hit or miss, which I won't go into detail about here. They do definitley, without a doubt affect your brain, but whether or not you like that affect is a very personal thing.

I never said it would cure you lol. It will help you cope in stressfull situations, and just go with the flow as they say. It is not easy, and hell I will never be cured and I have the book of clinical mental illness. But moods change over time, it's up to you to decide the threshold you're willing take.

Agreed that it won't cure you, but can potentially help with stressful situations, but trying to "go with the flow" can sometimes be more harmful than helpful. It depends on your mindset I guess, and your predisposition (prejudice/prior thoughts?? im not sure how to word this, sorry), on that kind of mindset. Hope OP can find a way to cope, and if they feel this is worth trying to cope then do so, but make sure you don't end up feeling worse with these kind of methods. :heart:

Sorry for rambling, think this is the longest post I've wrote on this site.

Reactions: Kimlett
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
Context matters. Don't you think a person doubting their clinically diagnosed depression will see your response and think they aren't worthy of depression?It seems pretty clear that they are using the "my depression isn't real" as a means to punish themselves. Yeah it won't cure you and can make things managable but your advice was given in a context that was very rude that implied they weren't depressed. I mean, their mother literally downplayed their depression by calling it lazy, don't you think telling someone to go exercise sounds similar?

Oh and nothing they said warranted advice, your input would be more welcome in the recovery section.

Reactions: reclaimedbynature and MiMif
permanently tired

permanently tired

Too exhausted to try again
Nov 8, 2023
Context matters. Don't you think a person doubting their clinically diagnosed depression will see your response and think they aren't worthy of depression?It seems pretty clear that they are using the "my depression isn't real" as a means to punish themselves. Yeah it won't cure you and can make things managable but your advice was given in a context that was very rude that implied they weren't depressed. I mean, their mother literally downplayed their depression by calling it lazy, don't you think telling someone to go exercise sounds similar?

Oh and nothing they said warranted advice, your input would be more welcome in the recovery section.
People downplaying mental illness rlly bothers me bc I feel I can't tell anyone

• Love
Reactions: LetMeBeSad and Abyssal
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
People downplaying mental illness rlly bothers me bc I feel I can't tell anyone
Exactly the same for me. I think I responded so strongly because it hit a nerve. Kinda feel like an asshole but what's a reply to the years of bottling up my depression for others? I'll fight all of SaSu if I have to over my pettiness

Reactions: LetMeBeSad and permanently tired
obei

obei

Aug 4, 2023

You are really right. Thank you so much for this, it really means a lot more than any advice that anyone would give, knowing someone understands and doesnt judge me. It does feel, when someone says "do exercise and youll be fine" like it is just my laziness and nothing more.

• Love
Reactions: ForgottenAgain and Abyssal
S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
Many people do cope with the nightmare of chronic depression, so yes, depending on the severity of your conditions you possibly can live without ctb. I guess the question is, do you truly wish to. And only you can decide that on.
If you have a look on the Recovery Section you may find folk who relate even better to your situation.
Every good wish as you continue to struggle through.

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
I have managed to stay alive with BDP and depression for 25 years so I'd say yes.

It's always up and down though, rarely in the middle for long.

It's hard to fight on all the time to do things like exercise, eat clean, meditation etc a lot of the time I think its not worth it. There are times I am really happy and grateful, others I am thinking if a rope will be long enough to reach the ceiling.

I think we each have to decide for ourselves.

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
You are really right. Thank you so much for this, it really means a lot more than any advice that anyone would give, knowing someone understands and doesnt judge me. It does feel, when someone says "do exercise and youll be fine" like it is just my laziness and nothing more.
If you haven't tried meds I would say definitely try them. Depression degenerates the brain, so if you can get on something that helps the brain stay strong it is worth it the sooner the better.

I know meds have their risks and don't always work, but they can help for sure. I am on meds and while I am still sat crying in a coffee shop and on this forum they are the reason I can get out of bed so they have helped...And hopefully you will have even better results.

obei

obei

Aug 4, 2023
If you haven't tried meds I would say definitely try them. Depression degenerates the brain, so if you can get on something that helps the brain stay strong it is worth it the sooner the better.

I know meds have their risks and don't always work, but they can help for sure. I am on meds and while I am still sat crying in a coffee shop and on this forum they are the reason I can get out of bed so they have helped...And hopefully you will have even better results.
Yeah ive been on meds for about a year and a half now

• Hugs
Reactions: LittleJem