• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

PinkyStat

PinkyStat

It’s killing me
Jun 4, 2023
I have searched a little bit about bitter almonds and it seems that there is a small amount of cyanide on them, If I eat a lot of them or smash them and dissolve to try to make HCN is it possible to kill me? I dunno this does not seem to be very complicated so i have my doubts

• Informative
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Deathisbetter and Sweet Tart
MiraiShisen

MiraiShisen

Student
Jun 15, 2023
I have searched a little bit about bitter almonds and it seems that there is a small amount of cyanide on them, If I eat a lot of them or smash them and dissolve to try to make HCN is it possible to kill me? I dunno this does not seem to be very complicated so i have my doubts
Maybe you can but level of uncertainty is high... you can end up worse than before and alive. So I would suggest you to try other reliable methods or try to find pure cyanide so you can measure what dosage you will use.

• Informative
Reactions: PinkyStat and Praestat_Mori
K

kionu09

Jun 3, 2023
no its not possible. if you would be 5 years old maybe...

• Informative
Reactions: PinkyStat and Praestat_Mori
Sweet Tart

Sweet Tart

Arcanist
May 10, 2023
I wonder if it would be possible to extract the cyanide from a large quantity of bitter almonds by steeping them in alcohol or water. I have created extracts for baking, lol, but don't have the chemistry knowledge to answer this question.

Reactions: PinkyStat, Praestat_Mori and Deathisbetter
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
There's a search bar ... :smiling:

Reactions: PinkyStat and Sweet Tart
befree

befree

Time to do more enjoyable things _____Goodbye_____
Mar 22, 2022

Reactions: PinkyStat and Sweet Tart
Sweet Tart

Sweet Tart

Arcanist
May 10, 2023
There's a search bar ... :smiling:

The idea of using poisonous plants or other minimally processed ingredients from nature is romantic in a way, tho likely to be painful, from what I've read. I'm not against using chemicals to ctb at all, but I don't feel confident in my ability to synthesize a chemical (if this is even the correct terminology for describing the process).

One thing that may be certain is that, it if done correctly, it is an effective method, as there doesn't seem to be anyone reporting back after trying it, lol.

mekurin

mekurin

Heading for something better than this
Jul 9, 2023
The idea of using poisonous plants or other minimally processed ingredients from nature is romantic in a way, tho likely to be painful, from what I've read. I'm not against using chemicals to ctb at all, but I don't feel confident in my ability to synthesize a chemical (if this is even the correct terminology for describing the process).

One thing that may be certain is that, it if done correctly, it is an effective method, as there doesn't seem to be anyone reporting back after trying it, lol.
You would need to eat a ton of almonds. Many seeds have cyanide in them for example around 2.5Oz of apple seeds could kill you I think but you would have grind them up and in all honesty synthesis is better. I did chemistry as a student. Plenty of fun chemicals you can easily make. Mix Bleach and pretty much any ammonia compound to make mustard gas. You can even pee into bleach to get knocked out. Trust me if you are looking to ctb synthesis isn't difficult. HCN is a 10/10 for the job. You won't even smell it before it kills you however if you have other people at home maybe don't release a cloud of death

Reactions: Sweet Tart, PinkyStat, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
@Sweet Tart the problem with plants is always that nobody knows how much active substance (in this case cyanide) is in the bitter almonds or other kind of seeds. That may lead to pain, vomiting, not becoming unconscious quickly or even not getting enough poison and so on.

Yes producing cyanide with absolutely no experience in doing chemical experiments is very dangerous even only inhaling a little bit of HCN or even only with skin contact can lead to severe symptoms.

But still, as cyanide is difficult to be obtained in many countries directly, this is a good an cheap way to get hands on one of the strongest poisons available.

Reactions: Sweet Tart
mekurin

mekurin

Jul 9, 2023
@Sweet Tart the problem with plants is always that nobody knows how much active substance (in this case cyanide) is in the bitter almonds or other kind of seeds. That may lead to pain, vomiting, not becoming unconscious quickly or even not getting enough poison and so on.

Yes producing cyanide with absolutely no experience in doing chemical experiments is very dangerous even only inhaling a little bit of HCN or even only with skin contact can lead to severe symptoms.

But still, as cyanide is difficult to be obtained in many countries directly, this is a good an cheap way to get hands on one of the strongest poisons available.
So funny thing, you can buy potassium ferricyanide on Amazon. Tho I couldn't find it so maybe specific regions ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
Though it is not natural, I would like to suggest carbon monoxide poisoning. It is slow but painless. It might even give you a high. The only issues I can think of is that would go into a sort of coma before dying so if you are brought into fresh air it would result in a fail. It is a method I have considered myself just because carbon monoxide is so easily obtainable. You can literally break your boiler and it will flood the house with it. Again while it's peaceful, if you are interrupted it can be really really bad. Being in a coma is one thing but being in a coma with mental agony is hell. Just a thought.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sweet Tart and Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
I would like to suggest carbon monoxide poisoning. It is slow but painless.
CO is my method of choice. It's a question about the concentration with 10000ppm it's done in minutes and with about 8000 ppm i think avg time is about 10-15 minutes. Don't remember exactly right now. There's a megathread for CO with lots of info. These concentrations can easily be generated with charcoal, there are posts with test results from other users availabe.

Reactions: Sweet Tart and mekurin
Sweet Tart

Sweet Tart

Arcanist
May 10, 2023
CO is my method of choice. It's a question about the concentration with 10000ppm it's done in minutes and with about 8000 ppm i think avg time is about 10-15 minutes. Don't remember exactly right now. There's a megathread for CO with lots of info. These concentrations can easily be generated with charcoal, there are posts with test results from other users availabe.
An older relative of mine actually died from a carbon monoxide leak in his hotel room in the late 70s. I was very young and for years, I wondered if this was a story made up to avoid telling the kids he had ctb. But as an adult, I confirmed it was an accidental death.

If I had the space, privacy, and funds to pursue this method, I would strongly consider it- it does seem to be one of the few humane and practical methods available.

Reactions: mekurin
I

istheretrulyalife?

Ser Alexander V
Jun 14, 2023
Not as detailed as the other answers but no. On paper it sounds feasible but putting it into practice will quickly reveal that it isn't worth the trouble

P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
An older relative of mine actually died from a carbon monoxide leak in his hotel room in the late 70s. I was very young and for years, I wondered if this was a story made up to avoid telling the kids he had ctb. But as an adult, I confirmed it was an accidental death.

If I had the space, privacy, and funds to pursue this method, I would strongly consider it- it does seem to be one of the few humane and practical methods available.
That's exactly the "good" thing about CO that there is no SI disturbing. There are many cases related to "slow" CO poisioning each year due to defective gas heaters and similar, even almost cold BBQs led to unwanted deaths when people put them inside to "heat" their rooms for example, not knowing what's really going on from a chemical point of view. Even in low conecntrations are highly toxic over several hours and all one might feel is a bit dizziness, headache, nausea. Ok let's go and have rest, and that is deadly!

CO is very lethal in any cases and there are no noticable alarm signals from our bodies that the situation could be dangerous for our lives.

Reactions: Sweet Tart and mekurin
E

Elliana Berriana

Jun 10, 2023
You'd have to consume a ridiculous amount of almonds in a short space of time to actually die. It's probably not possible, and if it is, it's very unlikely that it'll work. It's definitely not worth the trouble, I wouldn't even try.

mekurin

mekurin

Jul 9, 2023

I saw this and remembered you wanted a natural way. How about Yew trees

• Love
Reactions: Sweet Tart
DutchMister1488

DutchMister1488

Jul 10, 2023
yes but no
You would have to eat so many you would just vomit