• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Unicr0n

Unicr0n

Stuck in a black hole...
Mar 26, 2024
I'm reducing the amount of things that I know can't be easily resold by my family once I pass. I got a spider plant from my bible study a few years ago. Its babies have been planted into several pots. I don't know anyone to give them to. But, it's a living thing. What do I do with them? Should I feel guilty if I intentionally kill them? Does this morally make me a monster to intentionally kill a living thing? I can't outwait the plant's death because clonal plants could technically live forever if given the proper nutrients.

Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
I must admit that it's an interesting perspective :).
No, I don't think you're a murderer. In everyday life, you can theoretically kill a lot of animals by accident. For example, stepping on an ant and not even knowing it.
Same with plants :).
If it were as you say, I would be a mass murderer and a criminal ;).
Don't worry, kill them, let them suffer.
Sorry, light joke.

Unicr0n

Unicr0n

Stuck in a black hole...
Mar 26, 2024
I must admit that it's an interesting perspective :).
No, I don't think you're a murderer. In everyday life, you can theoretically kill a lot of animals by accident. For example, stepping on an ant and not even knowing it.
Same with plants :).
If it were as you say, I would be a mass murderer and a criminal ;).
Don't worry, kill them, let them suffer.
Sorry, light joke.
I have this worry because I killed two of my three year old goldfish for a selfish reason (to put other fish in the aquarium like angelfish, tetra, etc). I was 13 at the time. The carelessness and cruelty of that past me horrifies me to this day. People may laugh thinking it's just some fish but those things can feel pain. They didn't ask to be born. Makes me think a lot harder when it comes to the living things that I interact with and care for today. Praestat_Mori mentioned that others will figure out what to do with the plants when I'm gone.. That's reassuring.

Last edited: