DyslexicForeigner

DyslexicForeigner

Student
Dec 27, 2018
I bought 20 tablets of 40 mg Propranolol tablets and a pill crusher, it has arrived safely yesterday.

So as my CTB date is getting closer, I'd like to know if I crush all of the Propranolol tablets 2 days ahead of the planned CTB date, is it going to lose most of it's potency (strength) or not?

I asked this because it takes time to carefully crush all of it and put it inside an airtight container. And also because I have short ammount of alone/undisturbed time on that CTB date.

Last edited:
Reactions: mem12, Busdriver and Jumper Geo
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
We have been discussing crushing @Busdriver but you have to buy the right crusher/grinder as they break easy as there are a lot of tablets to crush/grind, I dissolved one 40mg tablet in chilled water to make sure it was immediate release, it took 10 minutes to dissolve and I kept stirring it.

The best pain relief to take with proponolol is paracetamol as I don't think anyone has mentioned using proponolol and ibuprofen before, but these drugs may decrease the blood pressure-lowering effects of propranolol, link below.

Cheers

Geo

Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, autumnal, Saed and 3 others
Busdriver

Busdriver

Mage
Feb 11, 2020
I bought 20 tablets of 40 mg Propranolol tablets and a pill crusher, it has arrived safely yesterday.

So as my CTB date is getting closer, I'd like to know if I crush all of the Propranolol tablets 2 days ahead of the planned CTB date, is it going to lose most of it's potency (strength) or not?
Interesting question!
I am going to crush the propranolol pills too with a pill crusher and store it somewhere safe and dry. Crushing all the pills, let's say, 1 hour before CTB will give stress, so better to do before.
The prescription says to dissolve the tablets in water, but this takes like forever.

I don't know if crushed pills lose their potency. It think not.

We have been discussing crushing @Busdriver but you have to buy the right crusher/grinder as they break easy as there are a lot of tablets to crush/grind, I dissolved one 40mg tablet in chilled water to make sure it was immediate release, it took 10 minutes to dissolve and I kept stirring it.

The best pain relief to take with proponolol is paracetamol as I don't think anyone has mentioned using proponolol and ibuprofen before, but these drugs may decrease the blood pressure-lowering effects of propranolol, link below.

Jumper Geo and I like to discuss propranolol :).
Nice article!! Didn't know that antacids with aluminum hydroxide make propranolol less effective. So, if you use the antacid Maalox, more propranolol will be needed.

Also, cimetidine apparently potentiates propranolol and use of ibuprofen leads to more side effects of propranolol. Paracetamol is than the better pain killer medicine in the SN regimen.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Saed, Raminiki and 3 others
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Feb 23, 2020
Interesting question!
I am going to crush the propranolol pills too with a pill crusher and store it somewhere safe and dry. Crushing all the pills, let's say, 1 hour before CTB will give stress, so better to do before.
The prescription says to dissolve the tablets in water, but this takes like forever.

Jumper Geo and I like to discuss propranolol :).
Nice article!! Didn't know that antacids with aluminum hydroxide make propranolol less effective. So, if you use the antacid Maalox, more propranolol will be needed.

Also, cimetidine apparently potentiates propranolol and use of ibuprofen leads to more side effects of propranolol. Paracetamol is than the better pain killer medicine in the SN regimen.

I was going to use Milk of Magnesia but I kept with my original plan.

Cheers

Geo

Reactions: Busdriver and DyslexicForeigner
DyslexicForeigner

DyslexicForeigner

Student
Dec 27, 2018

Cheers

Geo

Okay, useful information there (Paracetamol and Propranolol combo is better).
Interesting question!

Yeah, crushing pills 1 hour before SN intake is not a good idea (takes time, increases SI, and make noises too!) :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Saed, Busdriver, autumnal and 1 other person
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Feb 23, 2020
Why not test one of your tablets to make sure they are immediate release and see long it takes to dissolve in 50/75/100ml of water and if they take 10 minutes why not dissolve all the pills in water 30 minutes before adding the SN.

Have a read of this document you may consider taking a smaller dose maybe 20/40mg a few hours prior to taking the main dose with SN.

Cheers

Geo

• Hugs
Reactions: DyslexicForeigner, Raminiki and Busdriver
Raminiki

Raminiki

Iustitia Mortuus
Jun 12, 2020
Why not test one of your tablets to make sure they are immediate release and see long it takes to dissolve in 50/75/100ml of water and if they take 10 minutes why not dissolve all the pills in water 30 minutes before adding the SN.

Have a read of this document you may consider taking a smaller dose maybe 20/40mg a few hours prior to taking the main dose with SN.

Cheers

Geo

Valuable information, thank you. PPH recommends 2g of propranolol, and this is enough to OD on. Would you say you are more likely to CTB peacefully with a dose of 20mg in comparison?

Reactions: DyslexicForeigner and Jumper Geo
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Feb 23, 2020
Valuable information, thank you. PPH recommends 2g of propranolol, and this is enough to OD on. Would you say you are more likely to CTB peacefully with a dose of 20mg in comparison?

The PPH originally recommended 2g then 1g and now it's 800mg but if you read the article you will see the difference between a small and large dose over a certain number of hours.

Like I said previously this should be a degree course, lol.

Edit: This will be my SN regime and I haven't changed it from the 11th June and I have read a absolutely ton of information on drug reactions and times meds are most effective, it's the biggest decision of your life so I recommend everyone does there own research.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...les-on-page-1-before-posting.1253/post-749425

Cheers

Geo

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, DyslexicForeigner, Busdriver and 1 other person
Raminiki

Raminiki

Iustitia Mortuus
Jun 12, 2020
The PPH originally recommended 2g then 1g and now it's 800mg but if you read the article you will see the difference between a small and large dose over a certain number of hours.

Like I said previously this should be a degree course, lol.

Edit: This will be my SN regime and I haven't changed it from the 11th June and I have read a absolutely ton of information on drug reactions and times meds are most effective, it's the biggest decision of your life so I recommend everyone does there own research.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...les-on-page-1-before-posting.1253/post-749425

Cheers

Geo

Thank you Geo, for the updated PPH guidance and your regime. I appreciate that you've certainly done your research. I wish you all the best. Do enjoy those delicious burgers when it comes to it!

• Love
Reactions: DyslexicForeigner, Busdriver, Jumper Geo and 1 other person