D

divisivesubsidy

Feb 21, 2019
Both me and my friend agree that suicide is a valid option in life. So here's what I want to discuss. If happiness is the ultimate goal in life, is it logical to kill yourself before you've experienced maximum levels of happiness via drugs chemically altering your brain? I think that it isn't, but my friend thinks it is. The reason I say that it is logical to wait to kill yourself until you try hardcore drugs is because you can simulate being dead, by thinking about times you have been unconscious, but you can't compare true happiness to anything until you try the drugs. Personally, I haven't tried any hardcore drugs, and neither has my friend. He's going through a rough relationship problem and so am I, so try to see it from that point of view. I'd love to see what you guys think about this question.

Reactions: Redt2go
Minudah

Minudah

Stupid
Dec 3, 2018
I've failed to ctb enough times for long enough. I couldn't endure drug addiction on top of this. Happiness doesn't exist anyway. Neither do friends. Everyone is evil and wants to hurt others, good doesn't exist in the simulation

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Dog Food, EmotionlessWanderer and 2 others
A

anelakapu

Mar 28, 2018
Im still unsure about whether or not dying is like going to sleep. Ive been getting through this day and dealing with my anxiety by thinking about how much scarier death is than something like making eye contact.
I think depending on the individual, it would be illogical since you went through all the trouble of being brutally pushed out of someones vagina or cut from someones womb, might as well at least attempt to have some scrap of enjoyment before kicking the bucket.

A

anelakapu

Mar 28, 2018
I've failed to ctb enough times for long enough. I couldn't endure drug addiction on top of this. Happiness doesn't exist anyway. Neither do friends. Everyone is evil and wants to hurt others, good doesn't exist in the simulation

I dont blame you for thinking life is a simulation, sometimes it seems like everything is designed for optimal suffering perfectly personalized for your own individual experience...ive wondered if maybe its :ohhhh: ThE LaW oF AtTrAcTiON!!!:ohhhh: (i dont believe in this yet its still something i wonder)

WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
What drugs are you talking about?

I've done some hard drugs and while they made me feel good, i'm not sure I would say they made me feel true happiness.

C

CTB-London

Student
Feb 26, 2019
I want to end my life because being a gay man has prevented me from experiencing a happy and fulfilling life - and will do forever.

Redt2go

Redt2go

flower child
Jan 5, 2019
Both me and my friend agree that suicide is a valid option in life. So here's what I want to discuss. If happiness is the ultimate goal in life, is it logical to kill yourself before you've experienced maximum levels of happiness via drugs chemically altering your brain? I think that it isn't, but my friend thinks it is. The reason I say that it is logical to wait to kill yourself until you try hardcore drugs is because you can simulate being dead, by thinking about times you have been unconscious, but you can't compare true happiness to anything until you try the drugs. Personally, I haven't tried any hardcore drugs, and neither has my friend. He's going through a rough relationship problem and so am I, so try to see it from that point of view. I'd love to see what you guys think about this question.
I'd try weed :) I feel no desire to do hard drugs... I think you'll be happiest when you're integrated into some form of community

E

Exile

Predator, criminal, emotional blackmailer
Jan 28, 2019
I want to end my life because being a gay man has prevented me from experiencing a happy and fulfilling life - and will do forever.
It IS possible to be a happy gay man. I know people who do it.

Taylor

Taylor

Thankful
Dec 23, 2018
I'd say if you're in a position such as say, suffering from a debilitating disability or chronic pain (mental suffering could apply as well), that you know in your heart prevents you from ever being able to experience true happiness in life again, at least to your standards prior to said disability, then yes I believe it is a logical and rational decision to make.

Last edited:
Reactions: Death., justabouttobedone and Redt2go
C

CTB-London

Student
Feb 26, 2019
It IS possible to be a happy gay man. I know people who do it.

I know that some gay men are happy and proud to be what they are. I just cannot ever be myself. I did try!

Dog Food

Dog Food

POS
Mar 27, 2018
I think it's very logical. The comedown from drugs makes you feel worse than before, and it's not worth living for.

Reactions: Inevitable and Redt2go