T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
To be honest if I was given a prescription that I'd have had access to high dose diazepam per day I would've kept going at least for a while, longer and I would've kept working because I actually liked it but just couldn't handle the pain. And anxiety leading to too many mistakes.

But society loves to destroy people who try, and put on a pedestal those who cry for help when bullying others doesn't work.

Quitting benzos made me remember why I made the conscious choice to turn back to drugs after a year of total abstinence.

Since quitting my skin flared up with eczema and acne despite normal diet and exercise.
I believe skin is a big indicator for me I'm not living properly. My stress is through the roof so much that I'm constipated because of internal tension and only take small breaths...
Deep breaths feel very tight, as if theres a steel band around my ribcage.
Its no way for anything to live.
But self medicating can't last forever financially, getting stung with fakes or outright mugged off. Legal action.
They damage your health but nowhere near the same league as chronic stress, worry, panic, depression do.

• Hugs
Reactions: Boochky, LastFlowers and BlankUser
B

BlankUser

Mage
Apr 24, 2021
I feel this. I'm addicted to alcohol, was addicted to benzos but they stopped working. Alcohol helps me to survive, to reduce my fear and stress. But it has a negative effect on my health as well. I also get atopic dermatitis (eczema?) on some parts of my body, it sucks. I use Eucerin cream, vaseline and coconut oil on affected areas. It helps a little. I was taking Inositol, it's prescription free, it helps a bit with anxiety, panic, depression, OCD. I felt like it helped a bit, I was more motivated, but I've run out of it, and my mood is terrible now. I hope next week I'll get my package of Inositol that I ordered.

Reactions: Ramirez and TooConscious
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
I feel this. I'm addicted to alcohol, was addicted to benzos but they stopped working. Alcohol helps me to survive, to reduce my fear and stress. But it has a negative effect on my health as well. I also get atopic dermatitis (eczema?) on some parts of my body, it sucks. I use Eucerin cream, vaseline and coconut oil on affected areas. It helps a little. I was taking Inositol, it's prescription free, it helps a bit with anxiety, panic, depression, OCD. I felt like it helped a bit, I was more motivated, but I've run out of it, and my mood is terrible now. I hope next week I'll get my package of Inositol that I ordered.
I've not heard of inositol for anxiety, ill look into that.
I know bodybuilders or athletes used to use it along with choline to cleanse or help the regeneration of their liver and other organs after a heavy oral steroid cycle.
Wonder if it helps with alcohol negatives.
Good luck to you. I hope the alcohol continues to help you with minimal problems for as long as possible, some people can even never have any trouble, unfortunately I'm not one of them

Reactions: Ramirez, Beachedwhale and BlankUser
sadbadpsychogirl

sadbadpsychogirl

sonofabitch
May 29, 2020
i think so. ever since i've been "sober" i feel worse than ever physically and emotionally

• Hugs
Reactions: Ramirez, TooConscious and BlankUser
B

BlankUser

Mage
Apr 24, 2021
I've not heard of inositol for anxiety, ill look into that.
I know bodybuilders or athletes used to use it along with choline to cleanse or help the regeneration of their liver and other organs after a heavy oral steroid cycle.
Wonder if it helps with alcohol negatives.
Good luck to you. I hope the alcohol continues to help you with minimal problems for as long as possible, some people can even never have any trouble, unfortunately I'm not one of them
Yes I know bodybuilders use it too sometimes. It also helps regulate insulin levels, so it's a good stuff overall. I definitely recommend it. It's a more natural approach, even if it doesn't help you it won't do damage to your health. It has some side effects at first but nothing compared to antidepressants. It also can help constipation. I think anything is worth trying when you're struggling so much.

Reactions: TooConscious
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I can relate.

I used to drink everyday and the withdrawal was hell. I just became more suicidal.
However, I got better later on and now, I only drink once a week. Alcohol is my Sats rewards.

I'm managing to have a normal life this way. However, I'm still suicidal and veeeeery anxious. For instance, I can't stop thinking about tomorrow and the rest of the week. I just don't know how I'll deal with it.

Sometimes, I just think: "Well, maybe I'll hang myself tonight".

I wish things were easier!

Reactions: TooConscious
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
I can relate.

I used to drink everyday and the withdrawal was hell. I just became more suicidal.
However, I got better later on and now, I only drink once a week. Alcohol is my Sats rewards.

I'm managing to have a normal life this way. However, I'm still suicidal and veeeeery anxious. For instance, I can't stop thinking about tomorrow and the rest of the week. I just don't know how I'll deal with it.

Sometimes, I just think: "Well, maybe I'll hang myself tonight".

I wish things were easier!
Good stuff.
Easier said than done but I've always found people best overcome this by seeing how imagine yesterday,... Today was an imagined world, as tomorrow is now. They say you can choose to imagine it how you want
Ofcourse i wouldn't be here if I could.

• Love
Reactions: WornOutLife
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Honestly, with how hellacious this live is, I don't begrudge anyone the desire to lessen the pain. The problem w/ powerful drugs is the desperation you develop to even maintain equilibrium. That's when you start doing shit like lying and stealing to get the stuff. I wish we had a more tolerant society that understood substance abuse for what it is rather than an inherent character flaw.

Reactions: user_name_here
AndromedaZ

AndromedaZ

Oct 6, 2020
I certainly think so. That's why I drink so much and do whatever drugs I can get. Even with my psych meds, I just can't handle life sober.

Reactions: Ramirez and Celerity