• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
pros:
it is less likely your country gets eradicated

powerful countries probably can use their military power to access resources, topple other governments, influence can be used for gaining affluance
(-> the problem in the US is the insane inequality, one could debate whether the inequality helps to maintain being a superpower or the opposite)

I like to live in Germany inter alia because of the good economy. There are many media outlets which I can follow. I think in a smaller country there would be less controversies, outlets, drama etc. At the same time the US is so huge that it gets difficult to follow everything at the same time. Maybe this is one reason why there is the stereotype Americans barely have knowledge on other countries.

cons: probably way too much military spending for staying the hegemonic power -> less investments in infrastructure, education, health care, social security

the world hates you especially if you are the most powerful country other countries will try to battle you

powerful countries are a popular target for terrorists

I think a middle position might be the best thing. Like Germany. However one can see Germany as a freerider because we did not want to take responsiblities and relied on the US instead. So maybe rather Finnland or Norway. I have read they have a better military. But they are less powerful afterall. Or another country with a very high life quality is Switzerland. Remaining neutral is a good approach however they profited of their geographical advantages.

L

letmejoindeath

Kill me
Oct 15, 2023
It's good to live in a powerful country if those behind the wheel are doing so out of true virtue and not virtue signaling and pretending.

It's bad if not.

Americans in general don't understand critical thinking. Everything is one of two pre-chewed options that they repeat because they read it on the internet or saw it on TV

Last edited:
DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
No country is good to live in. We are forced to live in civilizations with made up laws and rules. We are stone age people and belong in nature. But Canada is the best country to live in when it comes to euthanasia.

Reactions: sserafim
moondazed

moondazed

ex nihilo nihil fit
Oct 14, 2023
I think it depends a lot on family, community, access to nature and other resources. When it comes down to it, if you're "rich" in any country, you'll probably have a good life. If you're poor, you probably won't.