N

noheart

Mar 14, 2024
I have been saving pills to CTB. Do I have enough? I know OD isn't recommended but I am desperate.

Sertraline hcl 50mg ×24
Sertraline hcl 100mg x17
Lorazepan 1mg x28
Quetiapine fumarate 25mg x152
Escitalopram Oxalate 20mg x60

opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Eating Disordered Junkie
Jun 2, 2024

Refer to the first thread post, which discusses OD's.

LunarLight

LunarLight

i'm a loser, a failure
Apr 3, 2024
No, clearly not. ODing on such meds is notoriously unreliable.

A

athiestjoe

Passenger
Sep 24, 2024
ODs are not a suggested method due to how incredibly difficult they are with medications being so 'safe' these days. Medications are made outstandingly cautiously to prevent deaths even in extremely large quantities. Pharmacy wants people alive to continue taking their medications and turning a profit, people dying from their meds would not be a good look for them. The LD50 of them is simply far too high to be considered reliable, and even at that it is still just a 50% chance.

LD50s of those meds:

• Sertraline exceeds 2000mg per kg
  • Lorazepam – 1,850 mg per kg
  • Quetiapine – 2,000mg per kg
  • Escitalopram Oxalate does not meet classification criteria so assumed exceeds 2,000mg/kg.
An educational hypothetical for a 150-pound person (68.04 kg) for just LD50:
  • Sertraline – would need more than 136,080 mg. That would be 2,700+ of the 50mg pills and more than 1,360 of the 100mgs.
  • Lorazepam – more than 125,000 of 1mg pills.
  • Quetiapine – same as sertraline (2700).
  • Escitalopram Oxalate – same as Sertraline (2700) with caveat even that would still likely be insufficient since there is no LD-50 basis/classification.
As we can see from this educational hypothetical, this is why OD is not a suggestion. It'd be thousands of pills which then only result in a 50% chance. The human body would just throw up before coming anywhere near close to this amount. Then the factor of not even taking the LD50 of one and substituting it for another which would increase the variables and heighten the risk of it not even giving an LD50.

Yes, there are exceptions and people do die of ODs if they have underlying health issues, recreational drugs (especially those laced with F), etc. However, for our information purposes there are just too many variables for it to be considered a viable method.

For all those reasons, it is considered a non-method to attempt. The chances of causing painful side effects, landing in a hospital (medical then probably psychiatric), possible coma or having permeant damage resulting in longer term hassles is far more likely to happen than a scenario that may be wanted…the most likely thing is pain, discomfort, and puking.

This is not a realistic or viable option.

I hope you find everything you are looking for and find peace & serenity.

(This example explores a fictitious example to hit home the point why this method is not suggested and not to be taken for any purpose nor to encourage or suggest the viability or lack thereof for anything).

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: LifeQuitter, landslide2 and noheart
maniac116

maniac116

My own worst enemy🌹💔
Aug 10, 2024
That's combo is not reliable at all!
Certainly for some it may work but the vast majority will fail.🌹💔

N

noheart

Mar 14, 2024
Thanks everyone for the responses!

I asked Chatgpt and it said that it would probably work because of the mixing of the medications, but after reading the responses and doing the math on the LD50, I am going to pump the brakes.